Swimming Pool Question

CL2 Mermaid

Could anyone tell me if the pools on Oceania (specifically the Regatta) are graduated in depth or all one level? Then, how deep is the deep end?

I do water aerobics every day and would like to plan what exercise equipment to bring along. Thanks for your assistance.

Hello der,

Since we are discussing one of my favorite passtimes - in and around the pool and water; are the pools on Oceania salt water or fresh water? And to the readers, does that make any difference to you:) ?

Regards,

Hal

I am currently on the Regatta. The pool is salt water, heated to what the users tell me is a comfortable level, and is an even five and one-half feet deep, with a shallow lip of a few feet at both ends. It has been cool and often overcast so far on this cruise so the pool is little used.

• 7 years later...
Could anyone tell me if the pools on Oceania (specifically the Regatta) are graduated in depth or all one level? Then, how deep is the deep end?

I do water aerobics every day and would like to plan what exercise equipment to bring along. Thanks for your assistance.

I have the same question, for the same reason regarding Marina. Does anyone know the pool depth (or range) on Marina?

We've never used the pools or the hot tubs (and we started out on the "R" ships with Renaissance back in 1999) ... but I've observed many people in the hot tubs in cold weather, so I would assume they are warm enough!

Mura

I do water aerobics every day and would like to plan what exercise equipment to bring along...

Betsy is a retired physical therapist who practiced home therapy exclusively. She was an early devotee of pool therapy, and also does personal water aerobics most days when the weather permits. She uses a range of resistance equipment such as foam "booties" and foam "dumbbells". They are effective any time the water is deep enough to tread water. Depending on your height, 5-1/2 feet is marginally deep enough. If your equipment is similar, and you have enough room to pack it, it would probably be worth bringing it. It's not something we normally pack for cruises, but it's something we will have to think about for the 180 day world cruise on Insignia, as I don't think she wants to go 6 months without her water exercise.

Hot tubs are very warm.

Water in pool is salt which we prefer. The temperature was comfortable. I don't know if it was heated since we always sailed when the weather was warm. The pools are not large.

Water in pool and graduated (quickly) but you can stand at one end (I am 5'4")

I don't know if this is policy or coincidence, but both in 2012 and 2013 on Riviera, the port side hot tub at the pool was *slightly* less hot than the starboard side hot tub - not just me, a few fellow tubbers noticed the same thing.

Both comfortable imo. For me it was easier to stay in longer in the port side hot tub. ymmv

(the whole resuscitating an old thread thing, appropriate for Halloween season?)

Edited by babysteps

While people are responding to this thread, can anyone tell me if the pools are treated with chlorine, aside from being salt water? I am allergic to it and will be quite a sight (think lobster red) if they are. If no one here is sure, who could address this for me on board?

:eek:

While people are responding to this thread, can anyone tell me if the pools are treated with chlorine, aside from being salt water? I am allergic to it and will be quite a sight (think lobster red) if they are. If no one here is sure, who could address this for me on board?

:eek:

I feel your pain.

Our black, lab who loves the pool, became quite allergic to chlorine over the years is now not allowed in - a tough fate for a water dog :(

The vet and a veterinary dermatologist said they have never heard of this but it's undeniably true.

That's him in my avatar in the days when he could enjoy the pool :)

Edited by Paulchili

I think because they heat the pools they feel the need to chlorinate the salt water, if they replenished the water daily this would not be necessary but heating the ocean temp water to a comfortable swimming temp takes quite a bit of time so they chlorinate to avoid algae growth and disease contamination.

Just wanted to add that I am 6'1" and at least when I have been on board the Marina and Riviera, the pools have been filled to a level above my height and as mentioned before I except for the stairs it is consistent throughout the pool.

Edited by Kissing Seahorses

• 3 weeks later...

I was confused by the various responses posted regarding the pool depths on Oceania so I emailed Oceania and received the following information:

Regatta - 4'6" forward and 5'25" aft ( I assume that means 5'3" )

Marina - 5'5"

Seems to me we'll just have to take a cruise to be sure.

I was confused by the various responses posted regarding the pool depths on Oceania so I emailed Oceania and received the following information:

Regatta - 4'6" forward and 5'25" aft ( I assume that means 5'3" )

Marina - 5'5"

Seems to me we'll just have to take a cruise to be sure.

Pack your tape measure :D