Kaj Turunen, Hotel Director NCL Pearl... Guinness World Book of Records Nominee

source

We had the pleasure of sailing aboard the NCL Pearl over Christmas & New Years and meeting Kaj Turunen, Hotel Director. We have contacted the Guinness World Book of Records and nominated Kaj for the prestigious award of welcoming the most number of passengers back on board a ship in one day from any cruise line. It didn't matter whether it was raining or sweltering Kaj was there to greet all with a smile whether you were sailing on NCL or not. Great Advertising for NCL a Crew that Cares.........Kudos Kaj and NCL. The Tusa's (See Photo Below)

1344327204_NCLPearlDec2011.jpg.07620d26061539ce5afc760d99f0b5de.jpg

I had the honor of being on the NCL Spirit where Kaj was subbing in as Hotel Director while someone was away for a few weeks. He was wonderful. Remembered me by name from the cruise critic meet n greet. He threw a lobster bbq for the staff one day while we were in port to thank them for the hard work they had done on the 2 cruises before (hurricane closed the port of NOLA).

A good Hotel Director really made a difference for us!

• 5 weeks later...
We had the pleasure of sailing aboard the NCL Pearl over Christmas & New Years and meeting Kaj Turunen, Hotel Director. We have contacted the Guinness World Book of Records and nominated Kaj for the prestigious award of welcoming the most number of passengers back on board a ship in one day from any cruise line. It didn't matter whether it was raining or sweltering Kaj was there to greet all with a smile whether you were sailing on NCL or not. Great Advertising for NCL a Crew that Cares.........Kudos Kaj and NCL. The Tusa's (See Photo Below)

[ATTACH]218401[/ATTACH]

I don't know when the man sleeps. We saw him morning, noon, evening, late night. He's incredible. We had the honor of being invited to dinner with him one evening of our recent cruise on the Pearl. It was splendid. He deserves any accolades he receives.

• 1 month later...
He must have replaced Klaus, who I thougt was outstanding when we were on the Pearl several months ago.

My fellow Finn Kaj was HD on Pearl when we were onboard in Jan 2011 so I'd assume that either he's been subbing there quite a lot or Klaus was actually the temp. :)

Kaj is truly amazing HD, I hope to sail with him someday again.

Archived