Carnival Reception Hors D'oeuvres

We are getting married on the Carnival Miracle on November 22, 2014. We have chosen the "Time to Celebrate BIG" package which gives us an hour and a half reception. Carnival supplied me with a menu of hors D'oeuvres for the reception (Menu #1 below). Some of these items looked odd to me. Thanks to these boards, I found out that there is an alternate menu that Carnival offers (Menu #2 below) - Thanks to the Carnival Wedding secrets Thread.

The original menu (#1) at least has a description of what the items are. The Alternate menu does not provide any description. I have the option of Menu 1, Menu 2, or a mix of each. I have cruised Carnival enough in the past to know that we like many of the items on Carnivals dining menu, but some are a little odd to us. I know - taste is subjective.

So I am reaching out to all Carnival Cruise Brides and past wedding guests who have had these items hoping for some feedback as to what is a good choice and what we should pass on.

Here are the menu choices.

Menu #1

Cold Items

1. Roast Beef and Brie Cheese Canapé - Sliced Roast Beef roll with Brie Cheese on a base of Frisee lettuce topped with black olive stuffed with pepper diamonds.

2. Prosciutto and Melon Canapé - Cantaloupe melon ball wrapped with Italian Prosciutto on serrated honey dew boat

3. Stuffed Egg Canapé -Stuffed egg with Russian salad on endive cups based white bread toast, topped with black Spanish caviar and chive spears.

4. California Sushi Roll - Marinated crab meat, avocado wedges and cream cheese strips in sesame crusted Uramaki roll

5. Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Canapé - Smoked Salmon roses with chopped baby dill and chives on Frisse based Norlander bread

Hot Items

1. Chicken Brochette - White Chicken meat skewered with bell peppers and onions

2. Stuffed Mushrooms - Blue cheese stuffed mushroom crumb fried golden brown

3. Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce - Crisp fried white chicken meat with dipping sauce

4. Lamb Empanadas with Cilantro Salsa - Lamb in a crisp pastry dough with cilantro salsa

5. Spanakopita (Spinach & Feta Cheese in Filo Pastry) - Spinach & Feta Cheese flavored with Dill wrapped and baked in a crisp, flaky pastry.

6. Spring Rolls - Stir-fried vegetable wrapped in a crisp wonton skin, deep fried

Menu #2 (Alternate Choices)

Cold Items

1. Assorted Sushi with Condiments

2. Titi Shrimp Salad on Scallop Cracker

3. Chicken Apple Salad on Crackers

4. Grilled Zucchini Roll and Anchovy Roll

5. Chicken Galantine on Baguette

Hot Items

1. Spicy Chicken Drummettes

2. Bacon Wrapped Sweet Plantains

3. Chicken Balls on Fire

4. Broccoli and Cheese Nuggets

5. Batter-Fried Shrimp

6. Assorted Vegetarian Quiches

Items that I am most curious about are:

• The Stuffed Egg Canape (is this just a deviled egg on toast?)
  • The Prosciutto & Melon Canape (Proscuitto on honey dew?)
  • Stuffed Mushrooms (Is this the same as what is served in the dining room?)
  • Chicken Balls on Fire (Is this just a fancy term for spicy chicken nuggets?)
  • Chicken Galantine on Baguette? (What is Galantine?)

We appreciate everyone's feedback and suggestions on any or all the menu items.

If you have pictures of your wedding food, I'd love to see them.

Thanks.

There are actually a total of 4 menus. You can pick and choose and mix and match, the only criteria is that you get 6 hot and 5 cold or 5 hot and 6 cold. I know that doesn't answer you question but it does give you more options.

If you send me your email I'll be happy to send copies of the alternate menus.

Edited by ImaginationCruiseBride

There are actually a total of 4 menus. You can pick and choose and mix and match, the only criteria is that you get 6 hot and 5 cold or 5 hot and 6 cold. I know that doesn't answer you question but it does give you more options.

Is it possible to get a copy of those menus PLEASE???? N4311@ymail.com :D:D:D

Can you send them to me also? DMFJ@ymail.com

I asked Carnival about four menus and I was told they only have two. I look forward to seeing the actual options.

Thanks

I would love a copy of these whenever you get a chance! callanlord@gmail.com

Our guests loved the reception food so much they didn't both going to dinner that night. The chicken nuggets, empanadas, and spanakopita were the highlights. I wish they'd serve it in the dining room. They stuffed mushrooms are pretty close to what they serve in the dining room--my wife liked them.

We had:

1. Chicken Brochette - White Chicken meat skewered with bell peppers and onions

2. Stuffed Mushrooms - Blue cheese stuffed mushroom crumb fried golden brown

3. Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce - Crisp fried white chicken meat with dipping sauce

4. Lamb Empanadas with Cilantro Salsa - Lamb in a crisp pastry dough with cilantro salsa

5. Spanakopita (Spinach & Feta Cheese in Filo Pastry) - Spinach & Feta Cheese flavored with Dill wrapped and baked in a crisp, flaky pastry.

6. Spring Rolls - Stir-fried vegetable wrapped in a crisp wonton skin, deep fried

We also had canapes at the reception, but our guests passed on those (the honeydew was the worst of them).

I also requested that fruit be made available and they displayed it like this:

10578654654_1af0a79033_z.jpg

Edited by Carnival_Brides

So I just got off the phone with a Carnival rep and we were discussing the reception options. When I asked her about the food she said they were ALL included. So maybe she thought I only saw one menu??? I'm confused.

Sounds like she may have confused herself lol:D I would go ahead and call her back and let her know that you saw all three menus and what choices you want to pick. The sooner the better :o

I have no comments on menu, since i'm doing Let Us Serve You but I just wanted to say Congrats.... I will be getting married just 2 days before you on 11/20/2014 on Carnival Sensation.

Congrats on the wedding. You will love the Sensation - one of our favorite ships.