ms Volendam in Juneau, AK Oct 1, 2016

Boytjie

And here we have the last chance to watch a cruise ship in Juneau in 2016. With a rare Saturday appearance, the Volendam is scheduled for a 10:00 AM AKDT arrival and 23:00/11:00 PM AKDT departure. The Volendam is assigned to the Cruise Terminal. After this cruise the Voendam crosses the Pacific Ocean for the Far East.

The webcam link: http://juneauharborwebcam.com/

We say farewell to Juneau, it has been a great season for us sail-away addicts and has spoiled us with the close-up zooms (thank you, cam operator!) enabling us to see so much more of what goes on when ships arrive and depart.

There will be a few visits by dam ships in New York City in the next few weeks and I will post reminders for those; the cameras don't quite deliver what Juneau and Port Everglades offer but what we do have are some great scenery with the Big Apple as a back drop.

On October 19th the Port Everglades season kicks off with the Zuiderdam's arrival. With the Westerdam deployed on the West Coast, who will be the new Queen of Toots in Port Everglades?

A big thank you to John (a.k.a. Copper-10-8) for starting the Juneau webcam threads!

Yes, thank you Copper-10-8 and Boytjie for the schedule reminders all season.

Last visits by the ships in Seattle this coming week. Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam tomorrow and Sunday. RCCL Explorer of the Seas is sitting at Pier 91 now for probable 4pm departure. It will be back next week (10/8) before joining the others on southern itineraries. Very last ship in Seattle will be Star Princess on Oct. 21 for a port call I think on repo from somewhere else (Asia?).

No rival for the Juneau camera but Pier 91 can be seen from the Space Needle panorama camera. Beautiful morning today (Fri.) with the marine layer just now burning off. Space Needle Camera (not real time, refreshes every 10 minutes or so).

Hope to be there for the last sail in of the season. Thanks to both of you for doing the reminders of when to watch for what ships. See everybody for the Ft Lauderdale sail aways, sail in's are too early.

Allan

I too have enjoyed the Juneau webcam experience for the four months or so and many thanks to John and Peter for hosting. Unfortunately, I will be away from home tomorrow for the last HAL docking of the season. And I never can stay up late for the departure but will look in on the Volendam in the late afternoon. See you all next Alaska season if not before on a HAL ship. Barbara