To many forts/fortresses?

MVTcher

We will be visiting St. Kitts and have heard wonderful things about Brimstone Hill Fortress. We start our cruise in San Juan and are planning to visit El Moro and San Cristobal forts. Do these 3 forts/fortresses have differences to them? Do you think visiting one fort, might hinder the enjoyment of the other. Thoughts are welcome.

Thank you!

We have been to El Moro, San Cristobal, and Brimstone all several times. I love exploring forts. These three forts are very different in their own ways. It definitely is not a matter of once you have seen one fort you have seen them all. At least it isn't for me. I don't think that visiting one will hinder your enjoyment of the others. You might be very impressed with the differences. And each one of them has its own spectacular views.

Thank you! I will be sure to check out Brimstone Hill Fortress. I am looking at planning/booking an excursion with Thenford Grey. Excited to see what St. Kitts has to offer.;)

We toured with Thenford the first time that we visited St. Kitts. It was a great tour. He provides a good narrative and overview of the island along with several stops and, of course, the visit to the fortress. I highly recommend him.

• 2 months later...
We have been to the two forts in San Juan are looking forward to Brimstone in St Kitts in May ( going with Thenford Grey )

Great choice. He provides a great over view of St. Kitts and he is an absolute gentleman. He knows his home well and his narration during the trip is not only informative but his english is perfect. There is no straining to understand what he is saying.