Golf Cart Weight limit?

mrsfuzzmo

So, I've sent a message to Nathan's Gofl carts, but haven't heard back. We would like to rent a cart on our trip in April. There are four of us (all adults) and we would like to only rent one. My question is.....how "powerful" are the golf carts or do they have a weight limit? My husband is around 350 lbs (he's tall as well), although the rest of us are 'normal' sized. Will the golf cart have enough oomph to carry us around the island, or do you think we would need 2 carts?

We live in Florida and have our own cart. We rented a cart from Nathan in January. I can honestly say they have no power; problems with the gears and there is no way they could hold any significant weight. On the island, ours was slow with me at 115 lbs and DH at 190. The carts are small. Think of something else that will be fun and accomodate your needs.

We rented 2 carts a couple years back from Nathan and we fit 4 adults in each without a problem! Not sure there will be enough oomph for the weight so I would rent 2 if that's what you decide to do. And just an FYI we had a blast touring the island on our own time and plan on renting them again in May.

• 1 month later...
How did the carts work out? My hubby is a large man as well. Curious about the weight it can carry. Thanks

We haven't gone yet. We leave on the 15th of April (less than two weeks yay!). I'll let you know what happens.

We were just on Grand Turk on 3/30 and we rented from Nathan. There were 4 average size adults and a 75 lb child. We all fit, but let me tell you, right after you leave Nathans, there is this ever so slight "hill" you go up and we didn't think our cart would make it up the hill. Hubby and I were ready to jump off and run along side it until we got to the top.

Be prepared to go slow...they are not speedy by any means, but still fun and better than walking. Here is a photo of the line of cars behind us waiting to pass us :)

558914_618914588415_37401327_32175433_578848061_n.jpg

A word of advice. Do not go off the beaten path without knowing the name of the road you are on. We went to the other side of the island, wanted to tour a beach and turned on a side road. We parked to stretch and the golf cart wouldn't restart. And then it started to rain for a bit of added amusement. We don't know if we somehow flooded the engine or what when we had it in reverse, but after 5 minutes, some fooling around and pushing it back out onto the main road, it restarted and gave us no more trouble. Just make sure you know where you are.

To answer your question more concisely, I would get 2 carts. One with a 350 lb passenger with 3 others may be a bit too heavy to get much power.

• 2 weeks later...
We haven't gone yet. We leave on the 15th of April (less than two weeks yay!). I'll let you know what happens.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise!!! Please report back cant wait to hear how it went!!

Also how does one get in touch with Nathan to reserve a cart?

We were just on Grand Turk on 3/30 and we rented from Nathan. There were 4 average size adults and a 75 lb child. We all fit, but let me tell you, right after you leave Nathans, there is this ever so slight "hill" you go up and we didn't think our cart would make it up the hill. Hubby and I were ready to jump off and run along side it until we got to the top.

Be prepared to go slow...they are not speedy by any means, but still fun and better than walking. Here is a photo of the line of cars behind us waiting to pass us :)

558914_618914588415_37401327_32175433_578848061_n.jpg

A word of advice. Do not go off the beaten path without knowing the name of the road you are on. We went to the other side of the island, wanted to tour a beach and turned on a side road. We parked to stretch and the golf cart wouldn't restart. And then it started to rain for a bit of added amusement. We don't know if we somehow flooded the engine or what when we had it in reverse, but after 5 minutes, some fooling around and pushing it back out onto the main road, it restarted and gave us no more trouble. Just make sure you know where you are.

To answer your question more concisely, I would get 2 carts. One with a 350 lb passenger with 3 others may be a bit too heavy to get much power.

This is hysterical. We did this in a couple of places over the years it is funny to watch people faces as they wait patiently to try and pass you. Please tell me how did you cantact Nathan and how much was the rental and for how long?

• 2 weeks later...

We had 3 on our cart. DW and myself and a friend of DW's she met ont he ship who was, shall we say, a Biggest Loser candidate if ever there was one:rolleyes:. Cart still had plenty of power though but it was rough bouncing over those roads. Beaches on east/northeast side coming back from the lighthouse are not conducive to snorkeling and have a lot of trash and seaweed washed up on shore.

• 2 months later...
This is hysterical. We did this in a couple of places over the years it is funny to watch people faces as they wait patiently to try and pass you. Please tell me how did you cantact Nathan and how much was the rental and for how long?

nathanandlinda@tciway.tc we just got a reply yesterday it is $80 for the day, we rented from him a couple of years ago and had fun.

Archived