Breaking news: Carnival legend collides with rccl ship!

I'm just getting detalis, but apparently the Carnival Legend just collided with a RCCL ship in Cozumel!

Well that $uck$! According to this site http://cozumelinsider.com/cruiseships/ the ships in port are Carnival Legend, Enchantment of the Seas and Carnival Imagination. Both Carnival ships are docked at Puerta Maya and Enchantment is at the International Pier.

I sure hope there isn't much damage. I wonder if the current sailings are affected and if the following sailing will be?!

Lisa

Good Lord! Hopefully everyone is okay and the damage is not too bad.

I agree ... it's not only awful for those onboard now, but also everyone with cruises planned. If the damage really is severe then there will be a lot of heartbroken cruisers in the next months. :(

Reports coming in to Twitter are saying that the Carnival Legend hit the RCL Enchantment of the Seas in high winds. Major damage reported to both ships.

I hope there are no injuries.

Current weather conditions show 73 degrees with thunderstorms and winds at 8 mph gusting to 25 mph.

If you search on the word Enchantment on Twitter, the first tweet I see is almost 2 hours ago. Then there is a tweet from the same person saying minimal damage and that the Legend has proceeded on its way.

Editted to add: I have never used that site before and I know it is just people posting and could be false info, just relaying what I saw.

If you search on the word Enchantment on Twitter, the first tweet I see is almost 2 hours ago. Then there is a tweet from the same person saying minimal damage and that the Legend has proceeded on its way.

Editted to add: I have never used that site before and I know it is just people posting and could be false info, just relaying what I saw.

I searched Carnival Legend and there is a dozen or so tweets reporting the accident most are saying major damage but who knows if that means anything other then people reporting what they are hearing and know nothing first hand.

The Captains have ultimate responsibility. That's just the way it is. In the Navy also, if a ship runs aground or hits something, the Captain is the one that is responsible for everything that happens. Unlike the Navy though, unless there is negligence, I don't think it's treated the same way. 25 mph winds wouldn't have caused a collision by itself so let's wait and see what really happened.

Archived