Carnival Breeze - aft view or spa stateroom

evelynaw

Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards and new to cruising. We are looking to book a cruise in November aboard the Carnival Breeze and aren't sure whether we would get our best value from an aft view stateroom or a spa balcony stateroom. We are a fairly quiet late-twenties couple who would prefer to avoid children. My partner is more prone to motion sickness than I am, but I'm not sure if there would be a big difference between the front or back of the ship?

I'm really brand new to everything cruising, so I'm hoping those of you with more experience can point me in the right direction or ask the questions that I don't even know need to be answered for you to give me advice ;)

• 2 weeks later...

There's a big difference typically in price between a regular cabin and a spa cabin. Do you see yourself using the spa amenities regularly? Because you are being charged indirectly in the cost of your room for the use of the spa. If you don't see yourself using the spa regularly I wouldn't do a spa cabin.

Also one thing to mention is the spa cabins are very far forward on the ship and the aft cabins are in the back. So with either cabin you are going to feel a bit of motion of the seas are rough.

If you are concerned at all about motion sickness people say the best place to be is midship. Although, we travel in the aft of the ship every cruise and we have never noticed motion to be much worse aft than it is anywhere else when the seas our rough.

Stay away from the extended afts (8M) on deck 7 next to the wrap around corner cabins. The 2 next to the wraps are much smaller than the middle ext aft cabins. We got stuck in one 2 yrs a go and their was no sofa or coffee table. You had to watch tv in bed. The balcony is great, but the cabin details should say - sofa and table, not just desk and seat. If it doesn't mention sofa, you don't have one and the size of the cabin is significantly smaller.

• 2 weeks later...

since your partner is prone to motion sickness- you do not want an aft cabin.

Nor do you want to be that high on the ship

the higher you go the more the ship sways-- and a person prone to motion will feel that sway

go low and stay more midship-- if looking at a balcony look on deck 7.

if going to get a spa deck balcony-- which are usually VERY forward (not recommended to people who get motion sickness

many of these are uncovered balconies and people above you can look down into your balcony.

Have you considered Princess cruises-- I dont know if a carnival cruise is for you since you are wanting to avoid kids