What is the Majesty like?

We're thinking of booking a cruise on the Majesty in June. Our ports will be Nassau, Cococay, and Key West. Has anyone been on this ship lately and if so, what is it like? We've only been on the Freedom and the Explorer. I do know it's a much smaller ship, but since it's only a 4 night cruise and we have those 3 stops, we're figuring we won't really be on the ship all that much. If we've only been on those other 2 ships will we be really disappointed?

I looked into that cruise too because of the itinerary. I am with you. Sounds like you wont be on the ship much.

What I did is used the search tool and put in Majesty and I saw several reviews.

one thing that was mentioned is that the rooms are smaller. I think the ship has great reviews for what it is

I really enjoy Majesty. Yes, the rooms are MUCH smaller than the other ships, so be ready for that (depending upon what category you're booking, of course). There are no regular balcony cabins....only Jr Suite and above have a balcony. But, for a 4-night (or 3-night) cruise itinerary, it's great. It's a fun, energetic ship, with great ports. I'm always looking to book a quick getaway on Majesty when I can fit one in! LOL

We were on Majesty 2 years ago and really liked it. The ship was not too small for us and never felt crowded (and we went during spring break). We did not go to every show but the ones we did (I remember the comedian, Quest, Love & Marriage) were good. Our DD (7 at the time) LOVED (repeat LOVED) AO and DS (12) hung out mostly at the sports court, teen area and food locations. We got off at each port so can't speak to what the ship was like during the day but at night there was plenty to find to do. Would book her again in a heartbeat.

We did Majesty twice and loved both cruises. Both were short cruises. For a cheap get away we did an interior stateroom and it was small but doable.

The crew was great when we sailed and the entertainment was fun. There was a group on board that had a costume party and all the passengers got a kick out of their costumes! Since it was a short cruise we really did not have time to miss the ice show or attractions of the larger ships. Plenty of bars and fun to go around for a nice get away cruise!

The itinerary is fun also. I always enjoy Key West. Worse case is that you stay on board and enjoy having the ship to yourself in Nassau - or go ashore and negotiation at the Straw market. At Coca Cay...there will not be a lot of lunch options on board since the crew is busy on the island.

Thanks so much for the quick replies. It will be my husband, me, and our 24 year old son who will stay in the room with us. I don't really mind a small room since we are only in there for sleeping anyway. Sounds like we'll have a great time. I think we'll book it.

We were on the MJ last month, and she is in great shape. There is no other crew like her, and that is why she (and not ships like the Oasis or Allure) is the number 1 ship in the fleet.

Her cabins are smaller, but very much like the Oasis class ships. We had a GS, and we actually like the bed curtain arrangement better than other GS's that we have stayed in.

The OS lacks a dining table, and has the same style bathroom as the GS, but we have asked for and received a dining table on the MJ for our cruises.

The crew makes this ship!! I look forward to sailing on here again in the future.

You can't go wrong with the itinerary, ship or crew!!:D;)

Rick

So excited to read these reviews as I just snagged a great single fare on her (still debating if I'll bring a friend or not) and am excited but nervous to try a smaller ship! I'm not worried about missing the extras from the big ships, just looking for a great time and time away :)

So excited to read these reviews as I just snagged a great single fare on her (still debating if I'll bring a friend or not) and am excited but nervous to try a smaller ship! I'm not worried about missing the extras from the big ships, just looking for a great time and time away :)

you will have a great time. We love Majesty and cannot wait to be on her again

Thanks so much for the quick replies. It will be my husband, me, and our 24 year old son who will stay in the room with us. I don't really mind a small room since we are only in there for sleeping anyway. Sounds like we'll have a great time. I think we'll book it.

If you are looking for an oceanview or a suite with a balcony, you better book quick. They are already sold out for those accomodations on some June sailings on the Majesty.

Hi,

We prefer Navigator and Liberty but I recently soloed, twice

in April, on Majesty while DW was busy with work, :(.

The ship is celebrating her 20th Birthday this month...perfect

reason for some solo 'research' cruises. You know, getting facts

to include in my next novel.

Ship is in good repair. Smooth while cruising; not much prop

vibration like some ships I've been on. Crew is great.

Shows were good. Comedian, juggler and a song and dance production

show. Closing show involved captain and some officers and crew on stage.

It was nice...makes you want to book a few more cruises on the spot.

Obviously the shows are not as big productions as the Liberty and

the sound system is not quite as good....just so you know.

For me, it was interesting to see the genesis of ships that followed

her. The Royal 'basics' are there. The centrum style, schooner bar and cabin style.

Ship layout has been improved since then. Designers now put the

theater at the bow of Royal ships for better use of the natural

shape of the ship there.

The Windjammers are top/aft now, wider. You'll spot other changes

since you cruised on Freedom class ships.

I knew I'd miss the Ice Shows and the Saturday Night Fever show

of the Liberty and Navigator....Oh, and Portofino... but since we're

booked on them later this year I said what the hey...and enjoyed Majesty

a lot.

So hey, having enjoyed the quick weekend getaways.. I'll gladly sail Majesty

every time I get a nice off season price.

Fine print. Old guy, not traveling with DW, DD, DS or GKs (grand kids).

Your mileage may definitely vary.

Regards,

Maxx, out.

:cool:

We're thinking of booking a cruise on the Majesty in June. Our ports will be Nassau, Cococay, and Key West. Has anyone been on this ship lately and if so, what is it like? We've only been on the Freedom and the Explorer. I do know it's a much smaller ship, but since it's only a 4 night cruise and we have those 3 stops, we're figuring we won't really be on the ship all that much. If we've only been on those other 2 ships will we be really disappointed?

I've been on both ships having done Majesty before and after Freedom. We had a great time each cruise and enjoyed Key West.

Its been a while since we sailed this ship (few years)

It is a very small ship. If you notice RCCL's own brochure, it is at bottom of their listing. It is also very old ship with very small rooms.

But you will also get some great deals on it. Justtry to get room in middle of the ship.

But you will also get some great deals on it. Justtry to get room in middle of the ship.

I am hoping to get a great deal on this ship, but right now they are over $500 for a 4 night cruise. And that is an interior cabin. I am watching the prices with the cruise price monitoring site. I can only hope it drops. Otherwise, I won't be going and bumping up my C&A level to platinum.

Do you think they will have good deals in the summer too?

Thanks for any advice.

Kelly

The Madge is a great ship! I live in South Florida so my girlfriends and I sail on her several times a year for the weekend trip. We are frequent cruisers but we love our Majesty the best! The staff is great, Captain Per is very personable and for an older ship it is well kept up and I really can't think of anything negative to say! We are on Madge next weekend in fact, so I highly recommend it! Have fun!

Thanks everyone! I booked the cruise for us this morning. We can't wait to board, good thing it's not too long until June.

(I am hoping to get a great deal on this ship, but right now they are over $500 for a 4 night cruise. And that is an interior cabin. I am watching the prices with the cruise price monitoring site. I can only hope it drops. Otherwise, I won't be going and bumping up my C&A level to platinum.

Do you think they will have good deals in the summer too?

Thanks for any advice.

Kelly )

We were able to get an oceanview room for only $469. so maybe you can check again and see if it's come down enough for you. We like that our son was a lot cheaper. Love those 3rd person rates.

• 3 weeks later...

The Majesty is a great ship. We are used to the larger ships but do also appreciate what the smaller ship brings. We sailed on her last year and had a good enough time that we re-booked it for this coming fall. We do enjoy this ship. She's in great shape for her age and the 4 day itinerary is right down my alley. I love Key West.

My wife and I have enjoyed this ship twice during slower seasons when the prices were down. We travel without kids away from spring break and have had two excellent cruises on her. We did our only inside for the 3 day and got a great price drop for our only JS on the 4 day.

We were able to get an oceanview room for only $469. so maybe you can check again and see if it's come down enough for you. We like that our son was a lot cheaper. Love those 3rd person rates.

OMGoodness :eek: We have never paid anywhere near this rate. IIRC, the most we paid for a Deck 9 OV (forget what they are called, sup OV?) which is the slightly larger cabin category is $279. And yes, we have sailed in the summer when the rates tend to be a bit higher. Had two cabins last summer, Deck 8 obstructed OV, for $239 PP.

I recommend it, if only to see what it's like before Royal Caribbean transfers the Majesty to another line.

My fiancee had her first cruise aboard Oasis and her second cruise aboard Liberty. Her third was aboard Monarch. I was nervous about bringing her on such a small ship since she started out on the megaships, but she really enjoyed it. (Except for the rooms, which are tiny as everyone else mentioned!)

In fact we like Monarch so much that we decided to have our wedding cruise aboard her next month. Majesty, in my opinion, is better than Monarch. (The pool decking is much nicer, and Majesty has a Johnny Rockets.)

Archived