Cab Fare From Orlando To Port Canaveral

jlmmlm

Tho the thought of a Towncar and riding in stytle is a nice. LOL

How many people are in your party? If there are a number of you, you just might want to look into that Town Car. :) The Carnival transfer is a per person rate; I think it's about $40 per person each way, and you have to wait around for the bus to fill up. Taxis, I've heard, are about a $70 fare (each way) to the port, but I'm not sure how many people (plus luggage) will fit in a taxi.

I've booked a limo for myself and my party of three other people. We're splurging. :) It was $299 + 20% gratuity round trip for up to eight people. The company I'm using also has non-limo Town Cars and minivans. Their price is $175 plus 20% gratuity round trip for either the town car or the minivan. The minivans hold 6 and the Town Cars hold up to 4. The company I'm using is www.cbctransportation.com. You can reserve online. There might be other companies that are less expensive, but that was the best pricing I found.

Other people suggest renting a car and driving yourself, but personally I'd rather not drive for an hour after flying all day. :p But if your flight isn't a long one, that's certainly an option, too. :)

Rent a car. We did it on our cruise from Pt Canaveral last Sept. The state of Florida does not charge any one way rental drop off fees. We were able to get a small car for $30. There were two of us traveling so it was $15 pp, which is cheaper than the Carnival transfers would have been. We rented from Hertz. The drop off place was only about a mile or so from the port. Plus Hertz has a shuttle that runs back and forth to the port. So we just took that when we dropped the car off. To get back to the airport, we just did the Carnival transfers, but you could do the car both ways.

Plus i found that it was nice to have the car, because we were able to run a couple of last minute errands in Cocoa Beach...ie the mall, Walmart to get the "little things we forgot" and the liquor store.

Have a great time,

Misty

we are renting a car for our feb 12th cruise, and we will probably be willing to share a ride.

I beg to differ on the one way transfer rule, my husband and I had originally booked with thrifty and they were showing a 10 dollar drop fee.

I am one month away from 25 and they wanted to charge us 50 dollars extra in underage fees:mad:

so I decided to go with Enterprise who is only charging us about $25 in underage fees, but there prices are so high to rent out of the port canaveral location, no matter which rental company you go through.

That makes for a grand total of $108 to rent, not thrilled but still better then the $140 in carnival transfers, in addition to the fact that our flight doesnt leave til 4pm on the day the cruise gets back, so we can drive around instead of sit at airport.

We used Thrifty the last time we sailed out of Port Canaveral and there were no extra charges and they are only about 5 minutes from the port. But then again, this was about a year ago so maybe their policy has changed now and they charge. We are renting a car again in March with Enterprise from Orlando to Port Canveral and they will drop us of since there are no actual rental companies at the port.

We had looked into transfer, shuttles, limos, town cars, you name it we researched it, and to rent a car for the few hours or over night if you are flying in the day before has always been the cheapest. And plus, with a rental car, you can make any stops that you may want along the way.

we've got a limo booked. it's 290 r/t, plus tip. that price isn't too bad for us b/c we wld have to pay for transfers for 5 people (so it's a little more, but not much if you have a larger party), but wld be way too pricey if it's just 2 of you.

or, as another poster said you cld rent a cheap car from budget and go over to kennedy space center for a bit, then return car to budget office on astronaut blvd (1 mile from pier), and then you can take their complimentary shuttle to the pier.

A car service from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) will cost you approximately $180.00 to $230.00 round trip to the port. There are vans that will carry up to 10 persons for the upper end price or maybe a little bit more. The SUV used out of Orlando International holds 7 passengers usually with luggage. You can find them priced down in the lower part of the above scale.

If you are traveling into the Sanford airport (SFB), usually through Allegiant Airline or the International charters, add about $30.00 to the figure from above.

If you notice the figures above reflect a much lower total than if you took the cruise provided transfers for about 4 people and above. Car service takes you directly to the boat and drop off and than will be back to the boat to pick you up immediately after you disembark. Many car service do a one way run also. Always ask if the company you are using is permitted at Port Canaveral as not all companies are and you will get one company that will take you over and another sub contracted to pick you up. Usually companies will state on their web page whether they are permitted at the port.

Disney ground transfer price eound trip is $69.00 per person, Caribbean is $64.00 and Carnival is $51.00.

Sanford International Airport Website: Orlandosanfordairport.com

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
We just cruised last week from Port Canaveral and paid a private cab/shuttle fare of $100 for 2 adults and 2 children total. I thought that was a great deal.

hi i am headed there in may do you have their contact info??

• 2 weeks later...

If you decided on using a cab I recommend taxi4hire.com Ask them for a quote first and if the price is right for you book with them. In my experience very professional (driver experience, customer service) and reliable company. And when you choose a cab company make sure they are insured and licensed as there are many of them out there without proper commercial insurance (therefore "low" prices). Good luck!

If you decided on using a cab I recommend taxi4hire.com Ask them for a quote first and if the price is right for you book with them. In my experience very professional (driver experience, customer service) and reliable company. And when you choose a cab company make sure they are insured and licensed as there are many of them out there without proper commercial insurance (therefore "low" prices). Good luck!

• 2 years later...

I'm looking into renting a car to go from MCO to Port Canaveral next week and Thrifty & Budget are quoting a $50 one way drop fee. Anyone else have this problem? Looking on priceline, etc. they are not even showing options for Cape Canaveral.

Anyone suggest a taxi service (four of us)? One other quick question ... is there anything to do around the Port - we arrive four hours early!

I'm looking into renting a car to go from MCO to Port Canaveral next week and Thrifty & Budget are quoting a $50 one way drop fee. Anyone else have this problem? Looking on priceline, etc. they are not even showing options for Cape Canaveral.

Anyone suggest a taxi service (four of us)? One other quick question ... is there anything to do around the Port - we arrive four hours early!

We got a mid-size for near that total amt. From Dollar (one - way rental - MCO to Cape Canaveral. They have a 'special city rate'. Our rental is for this month.