Recap of first-time-ever NCLer going on EPIC . . .

DGP1111

And after my first experience for the onboard Blue Man show . . . much/most of which I don't remember . . . the third time was the 'charm', when unexpectedly becoming a part of the show.

OK Don, you've piqued my interest... DETAILS !! :D

Tom

You are quite welcome! Thanks! :) . :)

I've been tempted to add some things to this thread, having been on Norwegian Epic twice more since then (most recent in late February)

Some things would be 'stuff' that's either new or different from the first . . . including a re-visit to La Cuccina (I'd vowed to not return, but I did -- Yes, I lied :o). That last visit was majorly different from the earlier ones on so many levels, after overcoming a brief 30-second hurdle.

And after my first experience for the onboard Blue Man show . . . much/most of which I don't remember . . . the third time was the 'charm', when unexpectedly becoming a part of the show.

I almost became a part of the show, but judging by my facial expressions I think they felt sorry for me. :)

I almost became a part of the show, but judging by my facial expressions I think they felt sorry for me. :)

I was picked to come up on stage for a show (comedy show in Biloxi at the Grand). All that I can say is after that experience, I will NEVER allow anyone to coax me up on the stage. I don't care how much they pull on my arm or shine the spotlight. They'd have to give up and pick someone else (who will now also know that it's not a "requirement"!) ;)

Tom

I was picked to come up on stage for a show (comedy show in Biloxi at the Grand). All that I can say is after that experience, I will NEVER allow anyone to coax me up on the stage. I don't care how much they pull on my arm or shine the spotlight. They'd have to give up and pick someone else (who will now also know that it's not a "requirement"!) ;)

Tom

Totally agree, i dont enjoy being on the spot light, :)

I've been tempted to add some things to this thread, having been on Norwegian Epic twice more since then (most recent in late February)

Some things would be 'stuff' that's either new or different from the first . . . including a re-visit to La Cuccina (I'd vowed to not return, but I did -- Yes, I lied :o). That last visit was majorly different from the earlier ones on so many levels, after overcoming a brief 30-second hurdle.

SHOUTS LOUDLY......."YES PLEASE.....MORE, MORE "

Ooops sorry, forgot I was a lady for a moment there!! ;)

But yes please, lets hear more! Your writing style is SO entertaining and easy to read! :)

You know it's a great review when more than 20 pages (and two years) later people are still thanking you for it!

It was truly the most entertaining review I've read yet! Thanks for putting so much time and effort into it! (And I'd love to read your updates, too!) :D

I, too would love to hear more!! Your review was SO well written - entertaining - and downright hilarious! I love your perspective and have been laughing out loud at my desk at work! (Yes - I have "Vacation-ITIS") My Mom and I board the beautiful EPIC in 33 days to the Mediterranean! - first time to Europe - 3rd time on NCL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you Don for the wonderful-awesome-exciting Epic review. We first sailed on the Epic less than two months after it's Inaugeration. We are sailing again on December 7th and your review brought back so many memories as well as things that we missed the first time.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the fantastic afternoon reading. I will be on the Epic in January and it will be my first NCL cruise. I am not the prolific cruiser you are, but I love every minute of being on a ship. I must have been a sailor in a previous life. I am very excited about this ship. Thanks again for the swell review!

• 8 months later...

such a well reviewed and written piece Don, really enjoyed this and it certainly helped me in planning our trip on the Epic.

Thanks so much for sharing and spending your time putting it all together, i thinks it shows this by how well it is received even after all this time.

cheers mate :)

. . . cheers mate :)

Right back at you!!

Enjoy your cruise to the fullest!! :D

My 6th, and final, Norwegian EPIC sailing will be next February, prior to the ship heading off permanently to Europe.

So glad this thread was 'resurrected' - I remember reading it originally - but not that I will be sailing on the Epic in a few months must be time to 'review' it again? Thanks Don! (and yes feel free to add any other 'tidbits' of information that might be helpful? ) :)

I haven't reread this thread, probably contributed to it years ago, so here's my two cents: try the speciality restaurants, O Sheehans is free and not bad for pub food, don't miss the Legends show, and good reliable entertainment can always be found in the Fat Cats Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I haven't reread this thread, probably contributed to it years ago, so here's my two cents: try the speciality restaurants, O Sheehans is free and not bad for pub food, don't miss the Legends show, and good reliable entertainment can always be found in the Fat Cats Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks sounds like some sounds advice there from what i have read. Thank you. What was a 1 sided cheat sheets to help us on our trip has now almost turned into an essay since reading Cruise Critic Members tips.

So looking forward to our adventure

Thanks sounds like some sounds advice there from what i have read. Thank you. What was a 1 sided cheat sheets to help us on our trip has now almost turned into an essay since reading Cruise Critic Members tips.

So looking forward to our adventure

Was on this ship in January and had a great balcony room with lagged balcony. Loved it!

So glad this thread was 'resurrected' - I remember reading it originally - but not that I will be sailing on the Epic in a few months must be time to 'review' it again? Thanks Don! (and yes feel free to add any other 'tidbits' of information that might be helpful? ) :)

YES....exactly!!

This thread is what got us to book the EPIC for our anniversary. Definitely one of the best things we have ever done. THANK YOU...Don!! ;) :D

Edited by happy cruzin

• 2 months later...

I love your humor. Thanks for the great review! Did you ever imagine that people would still read your review 3 years later?! I'm heading on the Epic this December and I am looking forward to it more after reading your input.

• 2 months later...

Well hey! I found you! :)

Now I see why everyone raved about your Epic review :)

It was so nice meeting you on GA! I hope you had as great an experience as you did on the Epic, and I hope you have a new favorite ship ;)

Take care, and I hope we will cross paths again soon! In the mean time, I'll be waiting for pictures in my email, and watching for you on TV... :)

~Julie~