Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Mexican Riviera

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Mexican Riviera Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Old July 24th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Best Beaches in Acapulco/Ixtapa/Manzanillo

My wife and I will be taking my 18 y/o daughter and her best friend on the Spirit in January. I am sure the girls would be bored on most of the excursions, we are looking for beaches that would be appropriate and safe for these two girls. Anyone know of places that rent jet skis, or have other activities to keep the interest of the young ladies. Wife and I would be content to just sit in the shade and enjoy a few drinks/and some seafood. Thanks.
Elation 02/00
Elation 01/02
Legend 01/03
Pride 09/03 Trans Canal :0

Old July 25th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Ixtapa

Can't say much for the other two as we didn't do the beaches. However, we went to Ixtapa Island (with CArnival) and it was wonderful. I had 2, 17 yr. old girls with me and they loved it! We had massages on the beach, (45 min. $25.00), free hammocks, banana boat rides. It is a small village away from the city, not a tremendous amount of sellers, but enough. I would soggest getting a cab over and saving yourself some $$ and also get to spend alot more time there. We wanted to stay longer than the excursion allowed and others that went on their own were lucky!

Happy Cruising,
Donna

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the places and moments that take our breath away--Anonymous

Addicted Since 2002!! 24 CARNIVAL CRUISES AND COUNTING!

Carnival Elation X4
Carnival Ecstasy X1
Carnival Spirit X3
Carnival Paradise X7
Carnival Miracle X2
Carnival Liberty X1
Carnival Splendor X2
Carnival Imagination X1
Carnival Inspiration X2
Carnival Freedom X1
RCCL Monarch Of The Seas X1

NEW YEARS CRUISES

Carnival Paradise 12/29/2006
Carnival Elation 12/29/2007
Carnival Paradise 12/29/2008
Carnival Spirit 12/29/2009
Carnival Paradise 12/31/2010
Carnival Inspiration 12/17/2011
Carnival Splendor 12/30/12
Carnival Miracle 12/29/2013

Litewait@aol.com

Old July 26th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

We were on this cruise this spring and we had a ball in Acapulco.We we went to the Acapulco beach break. Lots of stuff to do and free liquor and a light meal. If you choose this one look for Edwardo( tattooed on his chest) he gives parasail rides and his friend gives sea doo rides right over to the cruise ships and around the harbour.We paid 25.00 for one of each.
We went to the Ixtapa Island getaway and did not have really great time just relaxed,the water was to rough for anything.
We went snorkeling in manzinillo, wonderful absolutely wonderful.Lots of sea life( bring a bag of cornflakes from th ship to feed the fish) No jelly fish!!!!!
Drink anything that comes out of a bottle or can.and enjoy!!!
regards from Canada