Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Oceania Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Oceania Cruises
Go to the Oceania Roll Call Forums

Old June 25th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Athens to Rome - Sept 2007

I have been investigating this cruise for Fall 2007. I have cruised on Carnival (Fascination 1993, Tropicale 2000 and Imagination 2003)and Norweigan (ssNorway 1994). My Husband and I do not care for unattended children, college partiers or family reunions "go wrong". However, we do enjoy the "las vegas" type shows and more daily attivities that the bigger cruise ships can offer. (more than 2000 passengers). We have been on a smaller ship and did enjoy the personal touch. My concern is shore excursions. I cannot find out any information online except that Oceania's seem to be very pricey and not very many selections. Of some of the comments I have found, the persons recommend going off ship for excursions. I do not feel comfortable with this. Would anyone please comment on the ship Insignia and the shore excursions. Thank you.