Thank you, Royal Caribbean!

gi_pam

We were very sad to have to cancel our Nov 30th Allure cruise. My husband found out he is deploying.

In spite of being past final payment date, the resolutions department gave us a full refund once I forwarded DH's deployment orders to them.

When I cancelled, they said 7-10 business days for the port fees and 50%, I forgot to ask how long the other 50% that resolutions had to approve would take. I cancelled on Oct 16th. The port fees and 50% of the cruise fare were refunded on Oct 20. The other 50% was refunded on Oct 21!

I'm so disappointed to miss this cruise, but very happy that Royal Caribbean was so generous.

The military would have paid the cancellation fees, but only if Royal Caribbean hadn't refunded. We had to ask first before we'd be able to claim. And as anyone who has ever had to deal with government knows, the paperwork and red tape...we wouldn't have had the money back so quickly.

And on another note, I thought my credit card had cancellation insurance. Oops, we have interruption insurance. We changed cards last year...the last one had cancellation insurance. Not this one. Next trip, we'll have to buy the cancellation insurance!

Hopefully we get to sail on Allure soon. Definitely Loyal to Royal if we weren't before!

We were very sad to have to cancel our Nov 30th Allure cruise. My husband found out he is deploying.

In spite of being past final payment date, the resolutions department gave us a full refund once I forwarded DH's deployment orders to them.

When I cancelled, they said 7-10 business days for the port fees and 50%, I forgot to ask how long the other 50% that resolutions had to approve would take. I cancelled on Oct 16th. The port fees and 50% of the cruise fare were refunded on Oct 20. The other 50% was refunded on Oct 21!

I'm so disappointed to miss this cruise, but very happy that Royal Caribbean was so generous.

The military would have paid the cancellation fees, but only if Royal Caribbean hadn't refunded. We had to ask first before we'd be able to claim. And as anyone who has ever had to deal with government knows, the paperwork and red tape...we wouldn't have had the money back so quickly.

And on another note, I thought my credit card had cancellation insurance. Oops, we have interruption insurance. We changed cards last year...the last one had cancellation insurance. Not this one. Next trip, we'll have to buy the cancellation insurance!

Hopefully we get to sail on Allure soon. Definitely Loyal to Royal if we weren't before!

For every negative story, I believe there is a positive story -- we just don't hear about them as often. Glad to hear this one from you.

My thoughts will be with your family during this time of deployment and my thanks to your husband for his service to our great country and you to for the sacrifice you deal with having your husband deployed.

For every negative story, I believe there is a positive story -- we just don't hear about them as often. Glad to hear this one from you.

My thoughts will be with your family during this time of deployment and my thanks to your husband for his service to our great country and you to for the sacrifice you deal with having your husband deployed.

Amen... whatever the country. Look forward to hearing about your cruise post-deployment.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

Yes a Big thanks to RCCl we were to go on the Allure Oct 26 but my wife broke her arm 2 weeks before the cruise. Rccl moved the booking number to another sailing date full amount with no penalties. We are going on the Serenade in Jan. so yes, a big thanks to Rccl

Thank You to your husband!

Sorry you had to miss this vacation.

Yes a Big thanks to RCCl we were to go on the Allure Oct 26 but my wife broke her arm 2 weeks before the cruise. Rccl moved the booking number to another sailing date full amount with no penalties. We are going on the Serenade in Jan. so yes, a big thanks to Rccl

That is great that the cruise line would work with you and the OP.

Just wondering, did you have travel insurance?

Bless you both. We hope to see you on a cruise together. Drinks are on me that night!

Much thanks to your husband and you and your family for your service and sacrifices...our daughter gets anxious when planning family time fearful of the the deployment but Royal Caribbean takes great care of her. She cruised with us before marrying her serviceman! Planning the post deployment cruise is just as much fun!

Take care.