Vision of the Seas Aft balcony - should I go for it?

Hey all.

Avid cruiser, and doing a 4nt Vision of the Seas cruise end of this month. I've been a mostly balcony cruiser from the start, and its always been a side cabin. I've heard such great things from so many of you of the aft cabins, but when I have checked various cruises in the past, they were booked.

I just checked now, and a D1 aft balcony 7654 just opened up available. I'm already on the 7th deck side balcony. Should I do the switch?

Having a hard time finding vision D1 aft balcony photos, and specially since it just did revitalization. Is the cabin the same layout as the side cabins on Vision? What is the balcony furniture?

Thanks so much in advance. It may not even be available when I read some answers and go to move! Heh. Be well and enjoy! ;-)

Hey all.

Avid cruiser, and doing a 4nt Vision of the Seas cruise end of this month. I've been a mostly balcony cruiser from the start, and its always been a side cabin. I've heard such great things from so many of you of the aft cabins, but when I have checked various cruises in the past, they were booked.

I just checked now, and a D1 aft balcony 7654 just opened up available. I'm already on the 7th deck side balcony. Should I do the switch?

Having a hard time finding vision D1 aft balcony photos, and specially since it just did revitalization. Is the cabin the same layout as the side cabins on Vision? What is the balcony furniture?

Thanks so much in advance. It may not even be available when I read some answers and go to move! Heh. Be well and enjoy! ;-)

I don't know about the D1 cabin but we were just above that cabin in a JS and I would definitely do an any aft cabin again. I was an immediate conversion to the "I love aft cabins" cruiser. The balcony is a lot bigger in an aft cabin than any comparable on the sides.

Mary

I had 7654 awhile back, best balcony I've ever had! Two sun loungers, two dining chairs and a small dining table. No view obstructions like some of the other afts, and virtually no noise from connecting cabin. We held a sailaway cocktail party out there one afternoon and had at least 30 people on the balcony comfortably. Snatch it while you can!

OOOPS! I meant 7152. :)

hey royalcruz! It's funny how some things work out. After reading all the rave reviews which I was expecting, I saw the cabin drop out of availability. Darn, I said there was my chance I was too slow. Rechecked again earlier today, and all of a sudden half the aft cabins besides the two corners (one of them yours) were available! The C&A rep said he never saw so many open up like that so close to sailing. He said you'll love the new aft experience!

So we are only two doors down from you! Thanks so much for everybody's responses as well. Looking forward to it!

hey royalcruz! It's funny how some things work out. After reading all the rave reviews which I was expecting, I saw the cabin drop out of availability. Darn, I said there was my chance I was too slow. Rechecked again earlier today, and all of a sudden half the aft cabins besides the two corners (one of them yours) were available! The C&A rep said he never saw so many open up like that so close to sailing. He said you'll love the new aft experience!

So we are only two doors down from you! Thanks so much for everybody's responses as well. Looking forward to it!

Hey, Lotus! Lucky you! :)

We are hosting a Cruise Critic sailaway party on our 7152 balcony just after muster on April 29th. We hope to see you there!

Here's a link to the Roll Call. There are a lot of South Floridians but I don't know anyone.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1972958&page=2

Edited by royalcruz

Just grabbed JS 8088 AFT for 4/9/2016, thanks to quick notification from the "fishy" site. My dream ship, dream cabin, dream itinerary.

I had it booked for March 21, 2014, but wanted to change because I don't want to cruise in March and its unpredictable weather.

On the Vision, Rhapsody, and any of the Radiance class ships, corner AFT's can't be beat!! You will love it back there!

Linda

Edited by cruisegal3
wrong date

Just grabbed JS 8088 AFT for 4/9/2016, thanks to quick notification from the "fishy" site. My dream ship, dream cabin, dream itinerary.

I had it booked for March 21, 2014, but wanted to change because I don't want to cruise in March and its unpredictable weather.

On the Vision, Rhapsody, and any of the Radiance class ships, corner AFT's can't be beat!! You will love it back there!

Linda

We have the other corner booked..JS 8588 AFT for our cruise in May 2014. Can't wait!! They look soo nice!!

We have the other corner booked..JS 8588 AFT for our cruise in May 2014. Can't wait!! They look soo nice!!

I will have 8588 for the 3rd time soon. My favorite part beyond the great cabin is the 'secret' stairway from deck 8 up to the Spa and Solarium. It is just beyond the K inside 8579 there.

I will have 8588 for the 3rd time soon. My favorite part beyond the great cabin is the 'secret' stairway from deck 8 up to the Spa and Solarium. It is just beyond the K inside 8579 there.

Enjoyed that stairway on Legend too, but found it was not accessible to guests on Enchantment.

This has nothing to do with the aft balcony, but I can't find any new info since The Vision had its refurb. I know there is a new Park Cafe (which is awesome), but do they have a 24 hour pizza place---or any pizza place? I'm not even a big fan of their pizza, but I end up eating a ton of it throughout the day on other ships.

This has nothing to do with the aft balcony, but I can't find any new info since The Vision had its refurb. I know there is a new Park Cafe (which is awesome), but do they have a 24 hour pizza place---or any pizza place? I'm not even a big fan of their pizza, but I end up eating a ton of it throughout the day on other ships.

Not 24 hours, but Park Cafe has pizza starting in the afternoon, until late, maybe 1am or so. Room service also has pizza 24 hours.

Edited by clarea

I also want to thank you MADflyer, for letting us know exactly where the stairway is. We will be in our first aft facing cabin, 8588, the end of May, so that information will be very helpful.

Chellercruise12, aren't you the cruiser who is going to check on Pirate Island for us? What a coincidence that you will be in the same cabin as us also! Have a great cruise!

Edited by A Pisces

I also want to thank you MADflyer, for letting us know exactly where the stairway is. We will be in our first aft facing cabin, 8588, the end of May, so that information will be very helpful.

Chellercruise12, aren't you the cruiser who is going to check on Pirate Island for us? What a coincidence that you will be in the same cabin as us also! Have a great cruise!

Kathy,

That is too funny that we have the same cabin..Our 1st Aft also. :) I should leave you a secret note in the room..haha

Yes, I did reserve to go to Pirate Island but then cancelled.. I'm going to watch things till it gets closer to decide what we will do for sure. I got cold feet after the NCL murder at port. If we decide to get off the boat, we may stay in a more busier area.. Since we have never been to Roatan before, we are nervous..

-Michelle

• 3 weeks later...

I figured it was worth the risk of noise from below…snagged 7152 on the Rhapsody (corner aft) for our Greece cruise! Also got the inside across the hall for our DSs. So to recap my week…saved $1400+ on this cruise AND got a corner aft…All in all a great week!