Wedding Vow renewal

sez809

Has anyone done a vow renewal on board any Princess ship? I am looking for any and all information, tips, advice etcetc that anyone can offer.

Our silver wedding is in 2015, which I know seems a long way off, but we are already thinking of a special trip to celebrate our 25 years together. We are in the UK and it may be a Med cruise (I am thinking the Royal if she is over here at the time we need it!!) or we may be able to consider Alaska or the Caribbean. It all depends on what fits with my work, as I am tied to the UK school holidays.

I am really looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

Sarah

I can't speak for a vow renewal but my Husband and I got married on the Diamond Princess in 2004 and it was an unbelievable experience. The Captain married us, they provided a pianist, had spectacular flowers, and our photographer was outstanding. Worth every penny and Princess made it feel so special. Since we had 25 people on board with us, they also provided a coctail party afterwards that was complimentary! I'm not sure they knew what they were getting into with my Family/Friends! :D

We renewed our vows 10 years ago on Grand Princess and it was an amazing experience. We were hoping to do it again last year but family illness prevented this.

The Captain officiated and I had a lovely bouquet. We had photos, special champagne glasses, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries etc. We particularly liked the fact that the Captain did the service. We looked at Royal Caribbean but they want an arm and a leg, and no officer officiates. Seems pointless doing it onboard ship if it is just an ordinary member of the ships staff who does it.

Am sure you will have a great time, and many congratulations to you both.

We celebrated our Silver anniversary aboard Ruby last march and did the Renewal of Vows.

It was FANTASTIC!

Our coordinator from Passenger Services took care of everything!

Individual ceremony conducted by Captain Yeomans. He was personable, friendly and funny and took all the time we wanted.

Another couple did a ROV ceremony right after us.

We didn't have any family or friends with us but became great friends with two couples from our dinner table and they attended for us.

1517875667_RenewalofVows-2.jpg.b3f4b00e77a1d4539d4fb67c725ada4f.jpg

2108773183_ROV2.jpg.5fbaa31255daf0a871b291a0ce85593b.jpg

6315670_ROVGrp.jpg.abbc61a7bf67a7d667b4ab48bfa62bf7.jpg

539927787_ROVexit.jpg.d900554a7827debb2e6c66d194462ed1.jpg

We celebrated our Silver anniversary aboard Ruby last march and did the Renewal of Vows.

It was FANTASTIC!

Our coordinator from Passenger Services took care of everything!

Individual ceremony conducted by Captain Yeomans. He was personable, friendly and funny and took all the time we wanted.

Another couple did a ROV ceremony right after us.

We didn't have any family or friends with us but became great friends with two couples from our dinner table and they attended for us.

What lovely pictures! Thank you so much for sharing!

Shogun - am headed to Youtube now!

As I said a long way off, but planning and dreaming are part of it all for me! I didnt have a big "do" in 1990, so this would be an amazing thing to do!

thanks all!

We had a lovely Renewal of Vows for our 20th Anniversary on the Sapphire in December in the Hawaiian Islands. We highly recommend doing this, it was very memorable.

The chapel was beautiful with special lighting, fresh flowers at the alter, photographer and video being done.

The captain did a wonderful job and invited us up to the bridge to take pictures which was very special.

We had the Balcony Dinner later that evening......a wonderful experience.:)

I arranged to do the vow renewal for our 30th on the Golden. The DW didn't know about it until when we were standing outside the chapel and the Captain asked her when she had found out we were doing it. I said you just told her. She enjoyed it so much that she still smiles thinking about it two years later.

A note for you guys: I haven't been in the doghouse since, you might want to think about doing this. :D;)

I did this for my wife to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We were the only couple. It was a nice ceremony, and we got a nice picture with the captain. Our ceremony was held on the first formal night. We didn't arrange any special dinner or anything, but it was a nice evening.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I renewed our vows aboard the Grand Princess in January 2012 on the first formal night, which was the day before our actual 41st anniversary. The entire experience was special from start to finish and our coordinator in Passenger Services was a doll. She worked hard to arrange for our music choices (entrance and exit), coordinating the photographer and at our request, the videographer (extra expense). We chose the basic package that included, as others have said, champagne and Princess engraved flutes, chocolates, flowers for both of us (my bouquet was lovely), a framed photo, Renewal of Vows certificate and printed vows. Ours was a private ceremony in the wedding chapel officiated by Captain Bilton, who we had the opportunity to meet earlier that day at a CC gathering. We chose to use the Captain's vows, which we both loved. The chapel was beautifully decorated with flowers and at the end of our ceremony, the Captain posed with us for photos. The photographer then took us outside for photos as the sun was setting. Our ceremony was held during our assigned dinner time, so our coordinator arranged with the dining room for us to have a private table shortly after our ceremony. As we entered the dining room, the hostesses summoned the Maitre 'd who led us to our special table with his "best" waiter. We had such a special evening we were glad we hadn't chosen one of the specialty restaurants. We were treated like celebrities.

I woudn't hesitiate to recommend the Princess vow renewal ceremony - it was easily worth more than the expense and after so many years, it truly was an emotional and meaningful experience. I'm sure we will do it again on our 50th if not before then.

You all have given me something to think about. DH and I will be on the Island next April for our 61st anniversary. We have never done a ROV even tho we are normally on a cruise in April. Maybe 2014 will be the start of a NEW TRADITION.

~Doris~>

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for the wonderful memories of your vow renewals. It gives me goose bumps. It sounds like it will be a wonderful memory to have. I will continue to check this posting for any other tips and experiences.

Thanks again,

Barbara

Archived