Should I book an aft ext balcony instead of a reg. balcony - Triumph?

gerbera33

I have never stayed in an Aft-Ext balcony and for this cruise we have just a regular balcony booked. The cruise will be for our honeymoon.

It is $120 difference but the cruise isn't until Jan 2016.

There are quite a few aft ext balconies available on 6, 7, and 8. If it were you, would you splurge a few dollars.

I have never stayed in an Aft-Ext balcony and for this cruise we have just a regular balcony booked. The cruise will be for our honeymoon.

It is $120 difference but the cruise isn't until Jan 2016.

There are quite a few aft ext balconies available on 6, 7, and 8. If it were you, would you splurge a few dollars.

For your honeymoon! Absolutely. Get one on Empress Deck (7). Quieter above and below and since the major suites are on that deck you'll get better cabin service.

I got one of the last 2 on the Empress deck for a difference of $100. I can't wait :) Now to keep it a secret until Jan 2016 :p

Thanks for the input!!

Edited by gerbera33

We had an aft balcony on the Triumph in Jan. 2013. It was an unusually cold week and we rarely felt comfortable on it due to the temp. I had to wear the Carnival robe to sit out there. Even in Cozumel it wasn't that warm.

We will book another aft, but it won't be on a ship out of Galveston in January. We also had the roughest seas we've ever experienced. So probably not a fair assessment.

We had an aft balcony on the Triumph in Jan. 2013. It was an unusually cold week and we rarely felt comfortable on it due to the temp. I had to wear the Carnival robe to sit out there. Even in Cozumel it wasn't that warm.

We will book another aft, but it won't be on a ship out of Galveston in January. We also had the roughest seas we've ever experienced. So probably not a fair assessment.

Hopefully we will have decent weather. On my 1st cruise it was in December and it was quite chilly around Cozumel and the water was very rough. The one we went on in November, weather was beautiful so here's hoping the January one will be ok :)

Hopefully we will have decent weather. On my 1st cruise it was in December and it was quite chilly around Cozumel and the water was very rough. The one we went on in November, weather was beautiful so here's hoping the January one will be ok :)

Hey, you are traveling from Canada - it will be wonderful!! Congrats on getting that Deck 7 cabin.

We had an aft balcony on Triumph and loved it.

One hint, on deck 8 the aft balconies on either end are wider (I'm not talking about the wraps). They are the same price. We didn't get an end one but were right beside it. It really is noticeably bigger. It's only true on Deck 8 though. All the rest are equal size.

One hint, on deck 8 the aft balconies on either end are wider (I'm not talking about the wraps). They are the same price. We didn't get an end one but were right beside it. It really is noticeably bigger. It's only true on Deck 8 though. All the rest are equal size.

I had one of these "bigger" balconies. As I recall it was much deeper and a little wider than the other AFT balconies. We had friends next door so I could do a nice comparison. We often gazed longingly at the extended AFT balcony on our left....sooooooooo nice! I would actually pay a bit more than $120 for an AFT balcony but I spend a lot of time on a balcony.

we are booked on in the Aft Premium Balcony on the Verandah deck on our September 8th, 2014 sailing. Can't wait. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this room and might have some pictures.

Which is better? The wrap around aft or the straight aft? Are either of them windy?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a wrap on Westerdam. It was great! The more view the better.

• 1 month later...

Same as on the Valor. They are deeper and wider, at least the one next to the wrap. Only downsides are the walk and the noise when you are docking. That woke me two different mornings.

We were in an aft balcony on level 8 on a cruise with rough seas, the kind where people walk down the hall holding onto the walls. The aft felt like we were on the end of a happy dog's tail. It felt like we would literally get thrown out of bed. The balcony was great but we will never do an aft again.