new prices for All Inclusive Adult ?

greg2014

Hello:-)

I have received from my Travel Agent that Costa is increasing prices for All Inclusive packages and new price will be 25 EUR/day instead of 23,5 EUR.

Have you heard about it? If it is true, do you know when change will start? My TA could only say that his source is unofficial so maybe it is not true...

Greg

Hello:-)

I have received from my Travel Agent that Costa is increasing prices for All Inclusive packages and new price will be 25 EUR/day instead of 23,5 EUR.

Have you heard about it? If it is true, do you know when change will start? My TA could only say that his source is unofficial so maybe it is not true...

Greg

It is true, the price of AI is increase from €23.50 to €25.00, not sure when. This has been known here on the Costa forum for a couple of months.

Still great value for money.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know what the daily US dollars cost is for AI if purchased on board for Jan 13, 2015 Carribean Cruise on the Mediterranea ship (10 day cruise)? Trying to decide if I need to purchase in advance. I have a $200.00 on board credit that I would like to apply to AI.

Does anyone know what the daily US dollars cost is for AI if purchased on board for Jan 13, 2015 Carribean Cruise on the Mediterranea ship (10 day cruise)? Trying to decide if I need to purchase in advance. I have a $200.00 on board credit that I would like to apply to AI.

We just got off the Costa Luminosa today. I purchased the AI onboard. The price came to 34.42 USD each per day including tip. So for the two of us on a 10 night cruise the total was $688.40.

Thank you so much for the information. Was it an easy, quick process to get on board? I hope your cruise was wonderful.

Really easy. Just ask a bartender near the guest service desk.

See attached.

Hello again Ron, and happy New Year, how are you?

I remember back in the day (2009) when the A1 consisted of a 200ml glass of "beer" (brand undeterminable) and a small (very) glass of white or red wine. That was it. !!! (Sorry - they did include gunned soft drink) for the princely sum of around 15 euro pp. (or thereabouts) You could only have the drinks package at the buffet, lunch and dinner when we went - nowhere else, no other time.

Had to survive on happy hour - 2 for 1 cocktails, decent beer etc. in the early evening 5.30 to 7.00 I think it was.

Now the A1 drinks package contains all manner of drinks - anytime. So - I conclude: Costa have done away with the dinner buffet and swapped it for a good A1 drink package............what's not to like :p:p:D

Edited by dizzy1948

Hello again Ron, and happy New Year, how are you?

I remember back in the day (2009) when the A1 consisted of a 200ml glass of "beer" (brand undeterminable) and a small (very) glass of white or red wine. That was it. !!! (Sorry - they did include gunned soft drink) for the princely sum of around 15 euro pp. (or thereabouts) You could only have the drinks package at the buffet, lunch and dinner when we went - nowhere else, no other time.

Had to survive on happy hour - 2 for 1 cocktails, decent beer etc. in the early evening 5.30 to 7.00 I think it was.

Now the A1 drinks package contains all manner of drinks - anytime. So - I conclude: Costa have done away with the dinner buffet and swapped it for a good A1 drink package............what's not to like :p:p:D

Liz, happy New Year to you and the family.

I fondly remember the old all inclusive drinks package (called X1), spending hours in the evening buffet, getting a small side salag and a beer every 15 minutes. Took a long time to get legless. The good old days, but these days are even better with the new AI.

Off next Friday to join the Fascinosa on Saturday for an 11 day trip to France, Morocco, Portugal & Spain. I'll report back on how the boat trip went, if it is good I can celebrate with AI if it is bad I can drown my sorrows with AI. It's a win win pee situation.

Wishing you a great cruise year.

Ron

What British beers are included in the AI pack? John smiths or any other options? Going in October first time on Costa. Thanks in advance. I can't see a list of the brands of larger or beers

I have only seen draught beers included. Carlsberg was included on the last few AI.

What British beers are included in the AI pack? John smiths or any other options? Going in October first time on Costa. Thanks in advance. I can't see a list of the brands of larger or beers

Don't think they have any British beer at all. There are not a lot of British passengers on most Costa sailings. On the AI, it is just draught beer and I don't remember what it was.

Eeh lad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now't that posh.......'appen dredgings from't Ribble (I think that's what we got in 2009 :eek:)

Here's a little clip from the Costa site:

Carlsberg, Corona, Beck's, Heineken, Franziskaner Weissbier, Peroni and Nastro Azzuro. Other bottled beers may be available, depending upon the sailing

Weissbier is nice. :p

First stop when you get back home: pub.............. for a decent beer :D

Edited by dizzy1948

Eeh lad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now't that posh.......'appen dredgings from't Ribble (I think that's what we got in 2009 :eek:)

Here's a little clip from the Costa site:

Carlsberg, Corona, Beck's, Heineken, Franziskaner Weissbier, Peroni and Nastro Azzuro. Other bottled beers may be available, depending upon the sailing

Weissbier is nice. :p

First stop when you get back home: pub.............. for a decent beer :D

Lol! First time on Costa. Was on RCI last year and could get several different beers on the AI package I have looked but couldn't find a list of the brands available on Costa. Thanks for the reply. It will be up to the pub for a pint of moorhouse when i return! ( everyone is googleing moorehouse!)

Lol! First time on Costa. Was on RCI last year and could get several different beers on the AI package I have looked but couldn't find a list of the brands available on Costa. Thanks for the reply. It will be up to the pub for a pint of moorhouse when i return! ( everyone is googleing moorehouse!)

Except me......................... :D Whatever you do - DO NOT compare Cruise Lines. Chalk - Cheese. I am assuming you've gone for cost, ports of call. Make sure that they are your main thoughts. Everything else is a bonus. If you are like a bottle of Schweppes, you'll mix with anything. Making good friends and companions will make your cruise. (Plus a good beer or two :D)

Don't forget happy hour.................assuming they still do it - buy one, get one free :eek:;)

By the way - apart from Lancashire dialect..........what other language do you speak? There's five to choose from on Costa :p

Edited by dizzy1948

Except me......................... :D Whatever you do - DO NOT compare Cruise Lines. Chalk - Cheese. I am assuming you've gone for cost, ports of call. Make sure that they are your main thoughts. Everything else is a bonus. If you are like a bottle of Schweppes, you'll mix with anything. Making good friends and companions will make your cruise. (Plus a good beer or two :D)

Don't forget happy hour.................assuming they still do it - buy one, get one free :eek:;)

By the way - apart from Lancashire dialect..........what other language do you speak? There's five to choose from on Costa :p

Yes cost on this one! Short trip in October 2015. Going with friends and will be making new ones too! Happy hour on AI drinks package sounds good to me!!! Muchas gracias. Yo hablo poco espanol. As we have family over there. BTW. My wife's parents are cruising round your country soon.

Yes cost on this one! Short trip in October 2015. Going with friends and will be making new ones too! Happy hour on AI drinks package sounds good to me!!! Muchas gracias. Yo hablo poco espanol. As we have family over there. BTW. My wife's parents are cruising round your country soon.

Yo hablo poco espanol .....that'll do - along with Italian, French and English. Good Aussie welcome for your wife's parents - and no - kids don't go to school on kangaroos. They use the bus like everyone else :p Hope your inlaws have a wonderful time down under. :D

Don't know if the happy hour is on the A1 - it was a separate thing - but someone recent will know if happy hour is still going.

Edited by dizzy1948

I googled Moorehouse and this is what I got:

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-30777516