Promenade Staterooms on Voyager of the Seas

1ozzie

A few questions for anyone stayed in the inside Promenade staterooms on Voyager of the Seas.

1) Do you get much noise from the public areas below?

2) Are there any privacy issues from the other Promenade cabins opposite?

Any hints/tips will be gratefully appreciated.

:confused: 1 ozzie (Annette)

We had one of these a couple years ago and it is one of my favorite catagories. I don't rememeber it being noisy and it was fun to watch all the goings on down below. We just had to make sure and close our curtains.

Thanks everyone for your feedback it is all gratefully appreciated. I haven’t cruise in an inside cabin since my first cruise over 30 odd years ago but as theses cabins are that little bit different and also to keep the cost down thought we would give it a go.

Annette;)

We stayed in an inside room overlooking the promenade on one of voyagers type ships. We were toward the back of the promenade. It was nice to have the bay window with the seating. It seemed to make the room seem larger. For the most part, it was quiet. The only time we heard any noise was the night the party and parade was going on. It did not bother us at all, but I over heard other passengers say the noise was very loud in their room which was located right above where the party was taking place. But this happened only one night and if you are at the party, you would not be bothered. The rooms have curtains that can be opened or closed so privacy is not an issue. We loved the room and have another promenade room booked on a December 2012 cruise.

you want to avoid the first 5 on either side as there is a bridge that you will not be able to see past it if booked on 6 or 7.

on deck 8 the glass window angles out.

these glass windows are almost soundproof.

when the parades are happening you will hear muffled sounds.

like the above posts stated-- you can see directly in the cabins from across the way.

• 2 months later...

Archived