Elite....does it make a difference?

Redtravel

I am elite on Celebrity/Azamara. So far, I haven't seen any real perks. I know that Azamara was redoing their Captains Club perks. Has anyone seen any improvement? On my last cruise in June, I got some laundry coupons and some buy some get some minutes on the internet. I did not get any upgrades. I booked a guarantee 2A and got a 2A very far forward.

I am elite on Celebrity/Azamara. So far, I haven't seen any real perks. I know that Azamara was redoing their Captains Club perks. Has anyone seen any improvement? On my last cruise in June, I got some laundry coupons and some buy some get some minutes on the internet. I did not get any upgrades. I booked a guarantee 2A and got a 2A very far forward.

Hi Redtravel !

I do not believe that Azamara has rolled out their new program yet. Months ago, we heard it was going to happen in late 2009. As we have not heard anything recent..... I'm starting to wonder if we are looking at Early 2010.

Getting back to your question. I always enjoy the benefits of being an Elite Member, but it's never a deciding factor in choosing a Cruise line. I often choose Celebrity, and to a lesser extent, Azamara because I enjoy the product they offer. The Loyalty benefits are just icing on the cake.

I hope we hear some details from Azamara on their new Loyalty program, in the near future. Stay Tuned !

Andy, while on Infinity in July, I heard that there was "possibly" going to be a new tier structure added to Elite. No time-frame was mentioned. This was passed along by the Captain's Club Hostess.

I also agree with you that at this point, it's not about the "Elite" status, but all about the product.

I'm looking forward to our cruise on Journey in Feb.

Have a great time on Constellation!

Karyn

I'm looking forward to our cruise on Journey in Feb.

Have a great time on Constellation!

Karyn

Hi Karyn !

Thanks for your well wishes. I'm starting to get very excited. Only 3 more days to go. Have a great time on Journey !

Dear Andy,

I've now been reading all your posts for the past year. Thank you for your input and may I wish you a WONDERFUL cruise.

Thanks for always being 'on top' of all the posts and giving us your insightful input.

Enjoy yourself and PLEASE, report back with your opinions when you return.

All best wishes.

John

Dear Andy,

I've now been reading all your posts for the past year. Thank you for your input and may I wish you a WONDERFUL cruise.

Thanks for always being 'on top' of all the posts and giving us your insightful input.

Enjoy yourself and PLEASE, report back with your opinions when you return.

All best wishes.

John

Hello John !

Thank you so much for your very kind post. It is always gratifying to hear when Our work is appreciated. I will be sure to report back from my sailing on Celebrity Constellation. I will try to post some comments while onboard. Be sure to keep an eye out for my comments, on the Celebrity board.

My biggest wish for 2010, is to sail again on Azamara. I am keeping my eyes out for Azamara Journey in February or March of 2010, but I do not have anything booked yet. We will see what happens.

Archived