Seabourn Air Experience

Sunprince

Sunprince

Nothing strange about that. They are numerous reasons why an airline will move a passenger from biz to coach. One of the most common is for an air Marshall. Most airline passengers never bother to read the fare conditions for the tickets they purchase. And buying from a cruise line often involves tickets with more severe restrictions. This means that if someone is to be downgraded it is often the ticket holder with these sorts of fares who gets the boot to economy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

"Originally posted bySunprince

How did you get bumped out of business class with a confirmed reservation/seat?"

It wasn't United was it??

United don't bump, they d-r-a-g 😡

Similar in view to Chairsin booking Air flights with an agent of any kind can pose problems. In particular changes to flights whilst travelling which we experienced a few years ago.

A representative of a well known airline then gave us an insight ,advising us never book through an agent. Explaining there are all sorts of unexpected anomalies with indirect booking. Since this time we have always dealt directly with the chosen airline for our specific flight plan.

Booking Online with the chosen airline is convenient, watch and wait for deals and then pounce. Telephoning direct is sometimes the right choice also. Better deals can be had that are not advertised or if you have a little flexibility extra discount may be possible.

How did you get bumped out of business class with a confirmed reservation/seat?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Original Delta Flight, Tampa-JFK-Venice, was cancelled. This was during the Delta computer meltdown last year.

We were re-booked to KLM, Tampa-Atlanta, Amsterdam-Venice. On the Tampa-Atlanta leg we were knocked down to coach. We were owed a $600 refund.

First, Seabourn told us we had to take it up with Delta. After months of emails, they informed me the refund was sent to the purchaser of the ticket (Seabourn Air). So we went back to Seabourn. Then they told us they'd send me a check within six-eight weeks. About eight weeks later I got a credit card credit for $600. Took about five months, in all, to get refunded.

Was the downgrade for the whole flight or just the first leg?

Original Delta Flight, Tampa-JFK-Venice, was cancelled. This was during the Delta computer meltdown last year.

We were re-booked to KLM, Tampa-Atlanta, Amsterdam-Venice. On the Tampa-Atlanta leg we were knocked down to coach. We were owed a $600 refund.

First, Seabourn told us we had to take it up with Delta. After months of emails, they informed me the refund was sent to the purchaser of the ticket (Seabourn Air). So we went back to Seabourn. Then they told us they'd send me a check within six-eight weeks. About eight weeks later I got a credit card credit for $600. Took about five months, in all, to get refunded.

Since this time we have always dealt directly with the chosen airline for our specific flight plan.

Booking Online with the chosen airline is convenient, watch and wait for deals and then pounce.

That's the way we operate also after learning the hard way.

Recently booked Seabourn for Mediterranean this summer and Caribbean in the winter. Used Seabourn for booking Business Class on both trips (from NYC)--first time using them for air-- since $500 promos were offered on each itinerary. The winter flight (r/t NYC to MIA) saved us a few hundred dollars overall only with the $500 promo so still worth it (probably could have used our AA or DL points, but still OK). Includes airport txfrs since we're arriving and departing on sail days, so it also saves on taxi $. As for the Mediterranean trip (NYC-FCO and BCN-NYC), not only was Seabourn MUCH cheaper on air, but they were able to offer great non-stop flights on major airlines (we can accrue mileage points). I'm a savvy web shopper for airfares and I could not get anything close to Seabourn's price-- or inventory-- after trying many sources. They worked well with my travel agent, and the price even dropped a few hundred dollars from original quote to booking two days later. Everything linked perfectly to my airline profiles so we could customize seating, meals, etc. on airline websites. Further, the transfers (arrival and departure) and pre-cruise hotel price in Europe were very reasonable through Seabourn. We will see how this all works out, but getting the air (with the $500 promo) was a key reason for booking the summer itinerary.

We found b.c. pricing on the transatlantic flights was excellent. When there was a problem getting home and Delta tried to put us in coach our (full service) TA worked with Seabourn and we ended up in b.c. on a different carrier, different codeshare group entirely, something we could not have done on our own. On the other hand, Seabourn transpacific pricing was not competitive at all, so we did on our own. So it depends.

Recently booked Seabourn for Mediterranean this summer and Caribbean in the winter. Used Seabourn for booking Business Class on both trips (from NYC)--first time using them for air-- since $500 promos were offered on each itinerary. The winter flight (r/t NYC to MIA) saved us a few hundred dollars overall only with the $500 promo so still worth it (probably could have used our AA or DL points, but still OK). Includes airport txfrs since we're arriving and departing on sail days, so it also saves on taxi $. As for the Mediterranean trip (NYC-FCO and BCN-NYC), not only was Seabourn MUCH cheaper on air, but they were able to offer great non-stop flights on major airlines (we can accrue mileage points). I'm a savvy web shopper for airfares and I could not get anything close to Seabourn's price-- or inventory-- after trying many sources. They worked well with my travel agent, and the price even dropped a few hundred dollars from original quote to booking two days later. Everything linked perfectly to my airline profiles so we could customize seating, meals, etc. on airline websites. Further, the transfers (arrival and departure) and pre-cruise hotel price in Europe were very reasonable through Seabourn. We will see how this all works out, but getting the air (with the $500 promo) was a key reason for booking the summer itinerary.

• 6 months later...
When I first saw this thread, I thought it referred to Seabourn Airlines. Just recently flew them from STT to SJU to catch a "real" airplane. Old turbo props but hey, on time and landed ok. I think it is the remnants of some attempt to feed Seabourn ships years ago. I am sure someone here has better knowledge of Seabourn Airlines.:cool:

SEABORNE Airlines is actually not related to Seabourn. They used sea planes (hence the reason for the name) as well as land based planes between Puerto Rico and several other Neaby Caribbean islands.