Question?

11dfr11

How come Lesbians are so distant that you don't associate with other women on a cruise or vacation.we have always had male friendship from our vacation but the women on the whole, are arrogant and insecure. Why?

How come Lesbians are so distant that you don't associate with other women on a cruise or vacation.we have always had male friendship from our vacation but the women on the whole, are arrogant and insecure. Why?

I may regret entering into this discussion but as one of a male couple, we readily make social contacts with lesbians aboard the ships. We dine and socialize together knowing full well that there cannot be a threat to our separate relationships by the other gendered couple. That is not to say all lesbian couples will socialize with us, many refusing to even acknowledge us. But from what we have been told by those who do, it is human nature for two non-coupled women in a group to find affinity with each other socially, intellectually and a bonding occurs. While this situation may be quite harmless and represent no threat to the well-established relationships, it is often deemed such by one or more of the group and their displeasure is expressed and social rejection occurs. Better to not make such contact if as a result a threat to the relationship is a possible end result, no mater how small that possibility may be. We have accepted their position on this at face value.

Wow. I find this statement uninformed, sterotypicial, and offensive. You have just made conclusions on an entire population based on what? Personal observation? Casual remarks from friends? I sincerely doubt there are any genuine scientific studies out there that'll back up your statement.

We have socialized with all kinds on a cruise. Your sweeping statement doesn't include us, so please don't speak for us.

Based on the OP I'll ask the question why are Asian women offended by gay men?

On my recent NYE cruise an asian woman came and asked our group of 6 gay men, why we hate women, she then went on to tell us that she put budgies in a plastic bag and they turned gay before she killed them! We could not believe it!

Wow. I find this statement uninformed, sterotypicial, and offensive. You have just made conclusions on an entire population based on what? Personal observation? Casual remarks from friends? I sincerely doubt there are any genuine scientific studies out there that'll back up your statement.

We have socialized with all kinds on a cruise. Your sweeping statement doesn't include us, so please don't speak for us.

Hi,

I am so sorry you are taking this so harshly, but we have traveled on cruises, on the east coast by land tours and have always found this in 40 years of being out. We are friendly and it seems that other women have unapproachable or insecure in their relationship. I have been with my partner 35 years and really, we have gay men that we have become friends with. A lot of them dont even show up at FOD.

That may be an east coast thing, but not here on the west coast. We have many many lesbian friends and we socialize with them often. When we cruise we usually meet and socialize with one or more lesbian couples. I really don't see the problems you are speaking off.

I do see many times when our lesbian sisters come to the FOD gatherings and the conversations have already gotten going on subjects that really do not interest them and they find it hard to get into the subject at hand. That is usually the time they say "nice to meet you guys" and then sadly head out, never to be seen again.

Wow. This is a very strange thread. Our experience on cruises and throughout our lives is that some people we meet are easy to make friends with, and others are not -- be they male, female, gay, straight, young, old, black, brown, white or various combinations of all of the above. Believe it or not, not everyone wants to make friends with us:eek:. Nor we them. This is not about orientation. It's about life, and all of us being individuals. We make friends on cruises with the same odd mixture of individuals as we do at home, and are happy for it. Enough. Apologies for the soap boxing. Please return to your discussion.

David

Hi,

I am so sorry you are taking this so harshly, but we have traveled on cruises, on the east coast by land tours and have always found this in 40 years of being out. We are friendly and it seems that other women have unapproachable or insecure in their relationship. I have been with my partner 35 years and really, we have gay men that we have become friends with. A lot of them dont even show up at FOD.

It sounds like you are having an issue meeting other female couples, if I read the above post correctly. That certainly doesn't necessarily mean that all lesbians are having the same issue. I have no problem when you speak for yourself. When you use a "broad brush" and apply your situation to lesbians in general, one can find it a bit offensive (as in your statement "women on the whole, are arrogant and insecure").

We have not run into the problem you describe. There are times nobody shows at FOD, but we run into others on board and have a great time. We do not find them arrogant and insecure.

Wow. This is a very strange thread. Our experience on cruises and throughout our lives is that some people we meet are easy to make friends with, and others are not -- be they male, female, gay, straight, young, old, black, brown, white or various combinations of all of the above. Believe it or not, not everyone wants to make friends with us:eek:. Nor we them. This is not about orientation. It's about life, and all of us being individuals. We make friends on cruises with the same odd mixture of individuals as we do at home, and are happy for it. Enough. Apologies for the soap boxing. Please return to your discussion.

David

Maybe you are right. It is just people in general or an east coast thing but I am from the east coast. I am real friendly and it disturbs me that this has always happened. We have lovely women friends but not from traveling. We have lovely men friends from traveling and in general. Anyway, I hope the lesbians out there will come to FOD and not scurry off so quickly and I also hope we as a group, team, working and praying on the same issues can come together. I am very political and work for a lot of causes and one of them was not separatists.

So hello to everyone out there!

Based on the OP I'll ask the question why are Asian women offended by gay men?

On my recent NYE cruise an asian woman came and asked our group of 6 gay men, why we hate women, she then went on to tell us that she put budgies in a plastic bag and they turned gay before she killed them! We could not believe it!

Not all Asian women, but perhaps just one cookoo missing from her clock? :D

David

Hi David you hit the nail on the head. We to have sailed a few times and find the same thing.

It sounds like you are having an issue meeting other female couples, if I read the above post correctly. That certainly doesn't necessarily mean that all lesbians are having the same issue. I have no problem when you speak for yourself. When you use a "broad brush" and apply your situation to lesbians in general, one can find it a bit offensive (as in your statement "women on the whole, are arrogant and insecure").

We have not run into the problem you describe. There are times nobody shows at FOD, but we run into others on board and have a great time. We do not find them arrogant and insecure.

Hi,

Maybe you are right. It is just people in general or an east coast thing but I am from the east coast. I am real friendly and it disturbs me that this has always happened. We have lovely women friends but not from traveling. We have lovely men friends from traveling and in general. Anyway, I hope the lesbians out there will come to FOD and not scurry off so quickly and I also hope we as a group, team, working and praying on the same issues can come together. I am very political and work for a lot of causes and one of them was not separatists.

Hi,

Ok,so we hope we get to meet the two of you. I did not want to go on with this but it always bugged me. We have a lot of gay male and female friends.

David

well said !! :D:):D:)

well said !! :D:):D:)

I agree as it was just a statement.

We are going to pack today. Excited for a relaxing time. We are going on another cruise in March for 15 days and another one in May for 7 with our grown granddaughters. Looking forward to those two a lot. I love southern Carribean.

Hope to see you this week at cruise critic get together.

Archived