Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

Hey CntPAcruiser,

There's quite a bit of =X= spa information on this thread, you may want to scroll all the way back. ;)

On her M-Class ships (Constellation, Millennium, Summit and Infinity) there is a large dry sauna in the men's changing and locker room. The dry sauna holds about 10-guys and has a nice window overlooking the sea. There are two cold plunge showers next to the dry sauna and 3 regular "hot and cold" showers. There is a small bench to cool down. Of course this is men only. This is at no additional charge. You can pay additional per day or for the entire cruise, to use co-ed steam and dry sauna(s), warm tile bench and tropical showers. When it's very quiet, I have just worn a towel - just be cautious and ready to cover up.

On the S-Class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Reflection) there is a smaller dry sauna which holds maybe 6 men. No window. This is in the changing / locker room. The changing room is ridiculous at best, as it is very small with maybe one or two very small square cushions. There is no cool-down area here. There are 3 showers I believe, which are nicer than the showers on the M-class ships. Each shower has it's own changing area with hooks, bench and frosted door. This is at no additional charge. You can purchase a daily or per-cruise pass to use the co-ed spa which has heated tile loungers, a large steam and large dry sauna. There are huge floor to ceiling windows in all 3 areas. A little harder to be "towel only attired". :)

Edited by Mermen

Hey CntPAcruiser,

There's quite a bit of =X= spa information on this thread, you may want to scroll all the way back. ;)

On her M-Class ships (Constellation, Millennium, Summit and Infinity) there is a large dry sauna in the men's changing and locker room. The dry sauna holds about 10-guys and has a nice window overlooking the sea. There are two cold plunge showers next to the dry sauna and 3 regular "hot and cold" showers. There is a small bench to cool down. Of course this is men only. This is at no additional charge. You can pay additional per day or for the entire cruise, to use co-ed steam and dry sauna(s), warm tile bench and tropical showers. When it's very quiet, I have just worn a towel - just be cautious and ready to cover up.

On the S-Class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Reflection) there is a smaller dry sauna which holds maybe 6 men. No window. This is in the changing / locker room. The changing room is ridiculous at best, as it is very small with maybe one or two very small square cushions. There is no cool-down area here. There are 3 showers I believe, which are nicer than the showers on the M-class ships. Each shower has it's own changing area with hooks, bench and frosted door. This is at no additional charge. You can purchase a daily or per-cruise pass to use the co-ed spa which has heated tile loungers, a large steam and large dry sauna. There are huge floor to ceiling windows in all 3 areas. A little harder to be "towel only attired". :)

Are you telling me in the co-ed spa you just have a towel on!

Are you telling me in the co-ed spa you just have a towel on!

Oh Joe...Joe...Joe...would I come right out and profess this type of behavior? :D Yeah, I have once. Maybe twice. Sometimes, it's just really dead / quiet.

It is really good to use the steam room and sauna after a work out in the gym, however, I wish the ships could do an hourly rate rather than a days pass. If I go for a steam/sauna, usually after an hour or so I have had enough, so I object a little to having to pay for a full day. I love to go for a steam most days around 5.00 before having to go get changed for meal, so sadly if they are not free, I have to do without.

It is really good to use the steam room and sauna after a work out in the gym, however, I wish the ships could do an hourly rate rather than a days pass. If I go for a steam/sauna, usually after an hour or so I have had enough, so I object a little to having to pay for a full day. I love to go for a steam most days around 5.00 before having to go get changed for meal, so sadly if they are not free, I have to do without.

We've done Oasis and Allure, which only have the thermal suite for a charge. Because steam/sauna is such a big part of our vacation relaxation, we've bitten the bullet and paid the charge for the week, with the intent to get in there at least twice a day, to make sure we're getting our money's worth.

Going forward, we're not planning on sailing on any Oasis class ships--we just aren't pleased with the setup, among other things. We'll stick with Voyager class and Freedom class.

No, there was no charge for the spa facilities. Enjoy!

RD64-

Have you been on the Divina? Are the steam/sauna rooms and whirlpool areas coed? Also have you have any of the spa treatments as well? I am about to book a few of the spa packages for next month.

Thanks!

Hi,

I too enjoy relaxing each day in the steam room and sauna. I find it very therapeutic and enjoy meeting other like-minded cruisers. Can you tell me about the set up on the Carnival Liberty? This will be my first Carnival cruise. I have cruised on RCCL, Princess and NCL in the past. My current favorite "relaxing" ships are the Voyager and Freedom class ships of RCCL.

Cheers!

Hi,

I too enjoy relaxing each day in the steam room and sauna. I find it very therapeutic and enjoy meeting other like-minded cruisers. Can you tell me about the set up on the Carnival Liberty? This will be my first Carnival cruise. I have cruised on RCCL, Princess and NCL in the past. My current favorite "relaxing" ships are the Voyager and Freedom class ships of RCCL.

Cheers!

Carnival Liberty has a very nice setup. Large sauna and steam room in the men's locker room. Both with windows overlooking the ocean. Plenty of chairs for cooling down. Nice shower area as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know about the spa set-up on this ship??

I have heard that there is a dry sauna in the men's changing area. Not much more than that.

Anyone with experience/info on this ship. I'll be on in July.............

I live for my "spa" time when cruising!!

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by iramack

Anyone know about the spa set-up on this ship??

I have heard that there is a dry sauna in the men's changing area. Not much more than that.

Anyone with experience/info on this ship. I'll be on in July.............

I live for my "spa" time when cruising!!

Thanks,

Steve

You are correct there is a dry sauna in the mens changing rooms. If you go on Odyssey then there is both sauna and steam in the changing rooms.

Quest has a small sitting area also in the changing rooms and two shower stalls.

Most of the time there is not many that use this facilty.

I am sure you will like Quest we have sailed on her two times.

Thanks for the confirmation. As long as there is a men's only facility for sauna or steam I'm happy. I like to be naked in there.

I was on the Spirit a few years ago and I remember the steam room being quite small but workable. I also recall there was not a lot of traffic like you said.......kind of boring without company....;-)

Steve

Should be the same as Spirit. The 3 "old ladies" are leaving the fleet after this year I think.

So just the 3 newer/larger ships in future......

Are you booked on Legend???

SM

Yes, for May 18th. My second cruise!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I thought you meant the Seabourn Legend. Carnival is in a whole different solar system!!

Enjoy your Carnival Cruise.......

SM

Edited by iramack

How bout the Legend's facilities?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Just back from Legend 3/30-4/06 Steam room out of order waiting for part (hope they get fixed by your sailing date) Sauna OK small size,like Paradise lay out better. Doing Paradise 4/14/2014