Quick Question: Rhapsody of the Seas - in room thermostats

nazpaz

A quick question for you Rhapsody experts -- I take it that there are thermostats in each cabin. Can the fan be turned to "on" so it runs all the time?

I'd rather do that than carry a small fan.

We've slept with a fan running through the night for so many years that we can hardly sleep without a fan of some kind running!

A quick question for you Rhapsody experts -- I take it that there are thermostats in each cabin. Can the fan be turned to "on" so it runs all the time?

I'd rather do that than carry a small fan.

We've slept with a fan running through the night for so many years that we can hardly sleep without a fan of some kind running!

There is no "fan" setting. You can set it warmer and cooler, and you can get the AC to run all the time, but it will get very cold if it runs constantly!

The in room thermostat will, if it is working correctly, vary the cabin temperature to about plus or minus five or so degrees. There is a variation depending on the outside temperature, the ship, the cabin location, and if the system is working as designed. The air flow varies with the demand for heat or cold from the thermostat. There is no manual control of air flow. We have found a large variation in air flow and noise based on the earlier mentioned factors. Hope this helps. My cabin is too hot or too cold is a very common camplaint aboard ship. Irv

• 2 weeks later...

Just an after cruise follow up - the in room thermostat did good job for us. We adjusted it a few times, up or down, but the result was a comfortable room.

Noise wise - there was enough ambient noise on the ship to create a little white noise. It was sufficient for me most of the time - aside from the early morning set up on the deck above us and the occasional thumping on the wall from someone walking down the hall (probably a kid) who bumped the wall as they walked along.

Archived