Shore Excursions

oldsmithy

Hi, this is our first cruise, we are on the Royal Caribbean Liberty Of The Seas sailing 15-09-13. We are stopping at Toulon, Vilefranche, La Spezia, Civitavecchia and Naples. I would appreciate any advice,help on shore excursions. I have been told by a friend not to book with R. C.,and that there are always plenty of taxis on the dock which will take you anywhere?.I have had a look on R. C. site regards excursions, but there are that many it gets confusing.Do not like the idea of sitting on a coach for hours, but obviously want to see the sights.

Many thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

If you visit your roll call where others who are on your cruise post you can discuss and learn from them what they are doing in each port and this link will take you there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1775835

You can also learn a lot by visiting the ports of call section.

Keith

Hi, this is our first cruise, we are on the Royal Caribbean Liberty Of The Seas sailing 15-09-13. We are stopping at Toulon, Vilefranche, La Spezia, Civitavecchia and Naples. I would appreciate any advice,help on shore excursions. I have been told by a friend not to book with R. C.,and that there are always plenty of taxis on the dock which will take you anywhere?.I have had a look on R. C. site regards excursions, but there are that many it gets confusing.Do not like the idea of sitting on a coach for hours, but obviously want to see the sights.

Many thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic OldSmithy,

Start researching the tours that Royal Caribbean offers first to see what interests you. Then see if you can book anything similar on your own.

Because you are a first time cruiser it is a very good idea to book one or two excursions with the cruise line, especially day long tours of 6 or more hours, because if the tour is late returning the ship will wait.

You should also use the Cruise Port Links that Krazy Kruizers and Keith1010 have provided. Pick up a guide book that covers the region you will learn a lot. The planning is wonderfully exciting.

Jonathan

Archived