Little French Key, Recent Visits

digitalforge

Big Key and LFK are not one in the same. Big Key is across from LFK. They have buoys set up to separate the two areas. We were there in January and it was not crowded at all. There are several different beach areas on LFK to choose from. Some more quiet than others with no music at all. Others are set up more of a party style with loud music. Just pick what suits you best! We had a fantastic day there! Highly recommend!

Someone on Trip advisor had this to say:

Little French Key - we hit there three times in 9 days. I haven't been to Roatan since last August so I was astonished at the development of Big French Key. When I was there last, there was a shed on Big French Key...now there is a full blown beach, kayaks lined up, hammocks all kinds of things. What's the problem with that? Well, they now share that beautiful lagoon with LFK and it's not as serene as it once was. With both islands blaring music it's a bit off putting. Thankfully, LFK had the foresight to see what was happening and developed the other side of the key to feature swim up bars, beaches, more platforms and a restaurant. It's much quieter over on that side when there are more than 2 of cruise ships in. The food is still good, the beer is still cold and their monkey lala's are the best! The service is still wonderful.

Unfortunately that guy's thread has been hijacked by pontificators and do-gooders - it's a shame. That could have been very informative and helpful.

ahh the trials and tribulations of public forums. :0)

You can toss the OP a private message if ya wanna.

ahh the trials and tribulations of public forums. :0)

You can toss the OP a private message if ya wanna.

LOL very true!

I think the folks here and a contact at LFK have given me the info I needed, fortunately. I submitted my reservation thru LFK's site last evening . . . we're getting excited about meeting Simba and all the other critters there.

We were just there a month ago and it was very peaceful, no loud music. Lots of nooks to choose from. We loved it, and would go back in a heartbeat!

So glad to hear this, we will be there in 12 short days and are really looking forward to it.

We were just there for the second time in November and absolutely loved our day there (again). Yes, the development of Big French Key is a bummer. Thank goodness the day we were there we was the only ship in port and it was so quiet and peaceful. I do have a review with TONS of pictures listed in my signature line if you are interested. I know they were still expanding when we were there and things have probably changed even more since 4 months ago. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Not true. There is food available as part of your package or a la carte. Check out their web site for more information.

www.littlefrenchkey.com

dramaqueen is not asking about lunch. The poster was asking about "snacks" in case they got hungry BEFORE lunch was served. ;)

Queen-I honestly can't say that I have seen anyone eating before the lunch, but then again I wasn't really looking to see if they have snacks. :confused: They bring the food over from their restaurant at Frenchy 44's and have a hut that they prepare everything. I do know they aren't sitting there cooking other things at that location before or after the lunch. But they do serve lunch for several hours and it's only a few hours after arriving most of the time. Just eat a good breakfast prior to arriving and you should be fine. The meal really fills you up so you should also be fine until you get back on the ship.

When we were there last in November, over by the jaguar home they were building for Simba, the owner said they were putting in an ice cream place as well. So if that's completed, I would say they have those kinda "snacks" there at any time. They also put in another beach and bar location since I was there several months ago...also, not sure what they may be offering there either.

You could probably contact them and ask. They're usually pretty good with responding to questions you may have.

LFK now has a pizzeria open, we found it a week ago Sunday. Knowing we were snorkeling before lunch, and knowing that lunch was grilled shrimp, lobster, chicken and steak with rice and beans, we didn't bother to investigate the pizza.

It's located after Simba's new home.

Edited by evandbob

LFK now has a pizzeria open, we found it a week ago Sunday. Knowing we were snorkeling before lunch, and knowing that lunch was grilled shrimp, lobster, chicken and steak with rice and beans, we didn't bother to investigate the pizza.

It's located after Simba's new home.

Good to know. I wish they would give a choice in which meal you would prefer when going now if that's the case (little ones would prefer the pizza of course ;)).

Did you see or hear if the ice cream shop was open yet (over by Simba's cage)?

Good to know. I wish they would give a choice in which meal you would prefer when going now if that's the case (little ones would prefer the pizza of course ;)).

Did you see or hear if the ice cream shop was open yet (over by Simba's cage)?

Mitsugirly:

We did not hear about or see an ice cream shop on LFK last week. If we had, I'm sure we would have had a sample!

Mitsugirly:

We did not hear about or see an ice cream shop on LFK last week. If we had, I'm sure we would have had a sample!

Hmm, maybe they decided not to do it after all. I know the owner, Kevah, personally told me they were putting one in on the other side of the jaguar cage. Maybe they went with pizza instead. :p Where is the pizza place located?