Voyages to Antiquity NEW 2015 Spring to Fall

myotis

Just recently received the newest offering of 2015 cruises for VtoA. Lots of new places, very exciting and have signed up for an Oct. trip encompassing Spain and Morocco with hotel stays included. Look for the upcoming brochure, you will be tempted. Booked our trip through the Florida office, which were as usual very helpful. Oct. 2015 is a long way off, but just knowing we will be sailing again on the Aegean Odyssey makes us smile.

Just recently received the newest offering of 2015 cruises for VtoA. Lots of new places, very exciting and have signed up for an Oct. trip encompassing Spain and Morocco with hotel stays included. Look for the upcoming brochure, you will be tempted. Booked our trip through the Florida office, which were as usual very helpful. Oct. 2015 is a long way off, but just knowing we will be sailing again on the Aegean Odyssey makes us smile.

Thanks -- can't wait; I'm off to the website to see if they are posted. (Even though I have an Oct 2014 and an early 2015 Asia cruise already booked.) Very interested to see what's on offer that is new.

Edited to add: the new 2015 cruises (beyond early Spring) don't seem to be posted yet. :(

Edited by cruisemom42

I have not received the brochure yet. In fact just got the winter 2015 brochure having had to request it. Hopefully, the summer 2015 cruises will go to ports other than Athens and Istanbul. After the India cruise I wrote a couple of letters requesting cruises to Spain and Italy. I love the ship but do not have the resources to visit ports already visited a few times. It is a big world out there. Am looking at Feb 2015 grand cruise to Bangkok, Malaysia, Viet Nam, Singapore and Mynamar. Would love Florence, Barcelona, Cinque de Terre, Cannes, Amalfi coast, Nice. Just hope the ship stays around for a while

Librarian, I think you will find a cruise or two to your liking in the new offerings. Spain, Italy, France, Venice, the Dalmatian coast are a few places offered on the upcoming cruises. I am not sure why we received this flyer so early, but I was told the brochure is being prepared. Have faith and hang in there you will be pleased, I am sure.

I got my brochure yesterday. :)

Librarian: funny how perceptions vary. I always look at the V2A itineraries and feel there is a lot of Italy (and Greece); perhaps not so much last year as in the first couple of years.

Personally I'm always looking for different Med ports, but ones with a history attached. For example, I notice V2A will be calling at Gythion, for Sparta, on some upcoming cruises -- that appeals to me. This past year I very much enjoyed Sarande (for Butrint).

There's a lot more Spain and Morocco in 2015 -- interesting. I wonder if any of their stops in Morocco will include an opportunity to visit Volubilis?

Since I probably won't get mine for a while, did the cruise go to Barcelona, Florence, Cannes, Amalfi Coast, Cinqe de Terre by chance? Have been to Venice several times already so could pass on that. I really wanted western med. And not Athens and Istanbul. Thanks for your answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Ontariotrekker, Is there a method to their manner of mailing? I believe you have traveled with VtA more times than we have. Perhaps that is why we got ours awhile ago. Sorry I cannot comprehend. I am sure it will come soon, but why not drop them a note. Happy New Year.

I did drop them a note through the US website and will probably get a copy soon. Since they do not have the cruises posted on the site yet, they may be holding off for awhile. My CDN company's site does not have them yet either.

I'm booked on a long cruise with them in January 2015 but am looking for something for the rest of 2014... perhaps they may see this posting and send me a brochure. :)

Shar

Edited by Ontariotrekker

Librarian: We received a pamphlet in the mail outlining these cruises. It lists fares for Odyssey members at a discount if you are booked by January 31, 2014. I really do not understand why not all previous passengers did not receive it as yet, but suggest you give them a call. We live in the USA, I work with the Fla. office, which is quite helpful. Hope you can sort this out. Happy New Year

Did give a call and one is now in the mail. Hopefully, there is a cruise in there for me. We are booking all of our 2015 reservations now and can leave a window for a while. She said all Odyssey members should have gotten one.

Florida office was very quick in sending the flyer. Received it today. After discussing with hubby we are booking a back to back. Last year I had sent a suggestion about one which is just about this identical one if you book them both. Don't know when they will offer if again. So will book. Have been already several times to their usual places so we are happy to see these new places. New offerings for Odyssey members are choices in tours at ports, free laundry, free internet. Even though a cruise is a chunk of change one does get a lot of rewards for it plus good atmosphere, service, food etch.

In today's mail we received an "invitation" to a Reunion Cruise beginning Dec. 2014 starting in Kenya, Africa and ending in Sri Lanka. Have not had time to digest it. Also got the Odyssey Club winter 2013/2014 newsletter which confirms that the free laundry, internet and priority boarding for excursions have just been added benefits for members. Will have to take a few free minutes to read the mailing. Hope they do a better job of getting the information out.

Well, it said something re free laundry on the pdf I got from my local TA. I still have not rec. a paper version of the Odyssey Club program nor the reunion cruise either. The cruise would have normally been a lovely lead in to my longer cruise in January, but it would mean not being home for Christmas. I suspect that is the case for most folks.

Shar

• 1 month later...

We have booked a back to back for Italy, Spain and France which touches in Tangiers also. With the back to back the only repeat port is Malaga which is a nice port to repeat as we spent a winter season there and know the ins and outs. As repeat passengers and special pricing for early booking we got a good deal thanks to the Florida office. Wish the timing could have been different. This will fill out our dance card in the Mediterranean . This cruise will start in Nice and end in Rome. I hope the restaurant staff will be the same as it was last year.