Beach Day Pass

elephantcruiser

I believe the answer depends on how your party wishes to conduct themselves and what your need are in a day pass. If your party is large and you wish some people to be able to snorkel while the other can see them from the beach, you are better off staying at Tabyana. If your party is not bothered by the snorkelers being out of sight, about any place on the beach will do.

If snorkeling is the goal Infinity is the closest of the three to the easy access reef snorkeling... Tabyana is another option for access. If Grand Roatan is offering day passes they are also in the sweet spot of no boats and easy access to the reef.

Bananarama is the next closest on your list, the place is a party spot and turns in go far to much of a zoo for me. There are boats coming and going and the beach seems congested to that and the public entry.

I know very little about San Simon now that Mayan owes it. They are farther away from the snorkeling. When the web cam was working it looked very quiet, very little boat traffic just people walking the beach.

I believe Bananarama and Tabyana offer lockers for rent.

Infinity is said to be expensive, they also limit day passes.

I do not believe the food on the island to be anything to write home about. One hears many good things about Infinity's palapa bar and Banarama's Thirsty Turtle.

If you need a pool, Infinity, the other two do not have them. Check to make sure day pass people cab use the pool.

The beach vendors can be a challenge all along West Bay.

This thread may be helpful in making a choice. Visual aids are always great fun. :)

West Bay is delightful, enjoy the island.

Thanks Guest 2000! This is very helpful. I am a solo traveler so wanted to have an idea of where is set up for the day and which property would provide the most bang for the money spent. I will check into Tabyana and Grand Roatan as options as well. I also appreciate the tidbit about the food and where to go for a quick lunch.

This is true. Ideally I'm looking for a lounger, use of facilities, a place to keep my things while in the ocean, and close to snorkeling. Seems Taybana and Infinity are close but Taybana may have lots of traffic since it's a cruise excursion. San Simon and Bananarama are a little ways away but do include transportation. Guess it shouldn't be a difficult decision but just want to have a relaxing time while there and not have to walk super far. Hope to make a decision this week.

West Bay Beach is the premiere beach on the island. Everyone and their mother's uncle wants to experience, add the very easy access to reef snorkeling and it often times becomes a bit of a zoo. Relaxing doesn't really come to mind. :)

I am a people watcher so all the crazy doesn't bother me much, with that said I really do prefer an unobstructed sea view and not have to deal with the danger of boats in the water with me.

An additional thought, the whole of west bay can be walked in a matte of 7-10 mins... I don't believe anything to be "super far" from anything else. :0)

Please do let me know what you decided, why and how you enjoy your choice. :0)

Edited by Guest 2000

• 1 month later...

We have gone to West bay 2x. 1st ar Bananarama, 2nd at the Beach Club next door to Bananarama. Beach club was nicer. Maybe a 2 min walk to Infinity where the snorkel opening in the coral gives u access.

Beach is only moderately busy. A few trinket peddlers. A simple no thanks works. One of my fav places. Will b there in three weeks.:)

We have gone to West bay 2x. 1st ar Bananarama, 2nd at the Beach Club next door to Bananarama. Beach club was nicer. Maybe a 2 min walk to Infinity where the snorkel opening in the coral gives u access.

Beach is only moderately busy. A few trinket peddlers. A simple no thanks works. One of my fav places. Will b there in three weeks.:)

The Banarama offers a fairly American menu, burgers, etc., Infinity Bay has a few more local options. (Infinity Bay also made a tuna tartare and seared tuna dish from a fish I caught on Captain Marvin's boat). As far as placement on the West Bay Beach, Tabyana is almost at one end, then Infinity Bay, and maybe 2 or 3 restaurants down comes Banarama. Snorkeling is best in front of Tabyana, there are white floats to follow that make a course through the reef.

I've been to West Bay maybe a dozen times, and have stayed at Infinity last Feb; returning this May to Infinity for another week!

• 1 month later...

Is it difficult to get a taxi to and from Infinity Bay resort?

This is the only fear I have about Infinity Bay.

The other 2 resorts we are looking at offer transportation, but we really want a nice pool and Infinity is the only play with a large nice pool.

Thanks

The other 2 resorts we are looking at offer transportation' date=' but we really want a nice pool and Infinity is the only play with a large nice pool.

Thanks[/quote']

It is not the least bit difficult to get a taxi to Infinity Bay. Understand rates are not regulated and it is recommended sorting payment for round trip.

Infinity is a first come first served, spots are limited depending on how many people are staying in the condos.

Mayan Princess has a pool, as does Paradise Beach Club both on West Bay Beach, though I have not been back to see the pool at Paradise in years. I loved the pool at Mayan far more then Infinity's.

The other 2 resorts we are looking at offer transportation' date=' but we really want a nice pool and Infinity is the only play with a large nice pool.

Thanks[/quote']

You could sign up for one of the beach shuttles to West Bay or sign up with a private driver for the day which would give you the flexability to go elsewhere if Infinity doesn't work out. As has been said they seem to only offer passes on a first come basis and not booked in advance.

Another resort to consider if a pool is important is Parrot Tree Plantation. We loved the pool there and it was almost like having a private pool. Beach is not so good for swimming and snorkeling but I prefer swimming in a pool. Club Natale is also good and quiet although much smaller pool. Both of these options can be booked with transport. Use Goole images for photos.it really depends on how important beach and snorkeling are to you.

Edited by c-leg5

Thank y'all so much for the replies.

I contacted Infinity and they do offer passes online a week before our cruise leaves, they can be purchased directly with the resort.

But I think I will check out the other options you all suggested.

Thank you!