Priceline San Pedro help me!

beauty1492

Anyone having any luck? Trying to price line for precruise in Nov tried $61-$77 for 3 1/2 star. not feeling the love yet.

I had a similar experience bidding on July 2 and July 3, finally winning the Crowne Plaza at $75 (plus taxes & fees) for one-night stays in both October and November (see http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=34391202#post34391202). At the time, I could not find any local events that might be influencing the winning bid price.

In the past, $65 appeared to have been the most popular winning bid. I am beginning to wonder if this is being raised.

Anyone having any luck? Trying to price line for precruise in Nov tried $61-$77 for 3 1/2 star. not feeling the love yet.

Too early for good Priceline deals. Usually only starts to get good about 1 month out. Try making a refundable/no upfront charge safety reservation and trying later.

Check out biddingfortravel.com or betterbidding.com for Priceline advice and assistance.

Thanks everyone

the cruise is Oct--guess I was not thinking and typing

I tried Priceline cause I got an email for $ 7 off a night bidding. In the past even if it was way out it worked. I use bidding 4 travel for hotel list.

I tried for November with no luck. It's too early. I booked a cancelable reservation just in case but don't think I'll need it. They should open up as mentioned above, about a month - 6 weeks out. Priceline takes patience. I tried with the $7 bonus too. There just isn't any rooms opened up yet.

Too early for good Priceline deals. Usually only starts to get good about 1 month out. Try making a refundable/no upfront charge safety reservation and trying later.

Check out biddingfortravel.com or betterbidding.com for Priceline advice and assistance.

I got on biddingfortravel.com....what part of LA do I put in? Not sure how this works. We, too, would like to stay at Crowne Plaza in San Pedro and would love to get a deal on Priceline. How can you be assured that the Crowne Plaza is the one on Priceline?

Sorry, as much as I have traveled, I have never used Priceline.

Thanks.

There's a Disney cruise leaving the day after your cruise (Sunday), so that increases demand for rooms. Knowing this, the hotels may release fewer rooms to PL (if any) and will probably wait until very late to release them.

Also be aware that hotel occupancy is starting to pick up, so fewer rooms are being sold through PL and the like. And some hotel chains are starting to offer the same deals directly and cutting out intermediaries.

So as others commented, PL deals may be scarce for the date you need.

I got on biddingfortravel.com....what part of LA do I put in? Not sure how this works. We, too, would like to stay at Crowne Plaza in San Pedro and would love to get a deal on Priceline. How can you be assured that the Crowne Plaza is the one on Priceline?

Sorry, as much as I have traveled, I have never used Priceline.

Thanks.

Please view the following post that helped me get started using Priceline in San Pedro:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=23592901&highlight=san+pedro#post23592901

There's a Disney cruise leaving the day after your cruise (Sunday), so that increases demand for rooms. Knowing this, the hotels may release fewer rooms to PL (if any) and will probably wait until very late to release them.

Also be aware that hotel occupancy is starting to pick up, so fewer rooms are being sold through PL and the like. And some hotel chains are starting to offer the same deals directly and cutting out intermediaries.

So as others commented, PL deals may be scarce for the date you need.

Thank you kenish for your comments. I was aware to consider local events but, as you point out, there are many factors that influence the overall supply/demand and PL pricing.

For what it's worth, below is my history of winning bids (before taxes & fees) for 3.5 stars in San Pedro. My recollection is that all my bids started at $65 since that has been widely shared as a winning bid.

6/28/11 for 12/07/11 (162 days to check-in) winning Crowne Plaza at $75

6/29/11 for 11/22/11 (146 days to check-in) winning Crowne Plaza at $75

9/20/11 for 2/17/12 (150 days to check-in) winning Crowne Plaza at $65

9/20/11 for 3/03/12 (165 days to check-in) winning Crowne Plaza at $65

7/03/12 for 10/27/12 (116 days to check-in) winning Crowne Plaza at $75

7/03/12 for 11/26/12 (146 days to check-in) winning Crowne Plaza at $75

To my knowledge, no particular events were going on in San Pedro during the times that my winning bids went up to $75. I did not check to see how many cruise ships were arriving/departing on or near my check-in dates to see if that could have been one of the factors leading to a higher bid price.

We have always got the CP on PL for $65 but a few years ago the rate was $75, I wouldn't pay it, got the Hyatt in Long Beach and paid a $20 cab fare back in the morning....I sure fixed them.:p:o

How did that work out? I have been debating on staying in Long Beach instead of San Pedro. I will be staying 2 nights pre-cruise and am thinking of renting a car. If the Long Bech Priceline wins are lower, and it's only a $20 cab ride to port, and there are more things to see and do, it might be a better option.

Thoughts?

Beauty1492 - it's still too early. I'm seeing the same 106/107 for hotwire/priceline. They have not opened rooms up yet. Don't overbid in the 80's. Rooms will open up 4 weeks out. Continue with a $65 max until you are about 3 weeks out.

Way back on the 1st June I got 3 nights (Wed-Fri) at Crowne Plaza, San Pedro at $65 per night, so not sure about it being too early to book. It was my first time using Priceline and was very happy with it. I had to a bit of tactical booking but no problems. Good Luck with your bidding.

Again...which part of LA do I request to find info on biddingfortravel.com?

Also, if I bid on a 3 1/2 star hotel in San Pedro, am I definitely going to get Crowne Plaza?

Any input from you bidding experts is appreciated. I have never used Price Line!

Also, if I bid on a 3 1/2 star hotel in San Pedro, am I definitely going to get Crowne Plaza?

Any input from you bidding experts is appreciated. I have never used Price Line!

I am not familiar enough with biddingfortravel.com to comment about that site.

The following link has one of the best descriptions for bidding on Priceline for 3.5 star hotels in San Pedro that I have read:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=23592901&highlight=san+pedro#post23592901

When I have bid for 3.5 star hotels in the San Pedro area, I have only won the Crowne Plaza. Others have reported winning the Doubletree. Thus far, these are the only two hotels I have seen discussed when bidding for 3.5 star hotels in the San Pedro area. It is possible that at some point in time 3.5 star hotels could be added or dropped in the San Pedro area.

Both Biddingfortravel and Betterbidding have a search feature on their site. If you enter in "San Pedro" you can see the posts for wins. It's been a while since someone posted on biddingfortravel.

You can't be definate on priceline. You can only think probable that it will be the Crowne.

San Pedro is an easy bid on Priceline compared to other locations. There isn't many options and free bids (only 1 for 3 1/2 *).

Right now it's still showing $107 on Hotwire and $101/106 express bid on Priceline for my dates. Occasionally I try bidding but no luck so far. It's still too early.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been trying to get a San Pedro Hotel on Priceline. Previously I have booked 6 months out and got the Crowne Plaza in April for $65 + tax. I am now trying for the 22nd of September and have been unable to get a room going up to $77. I keep trying everyday hopefully they'll release some rooms soon. I see a 31/2* in Priceline Express for $106 and nothing is showing up at all in Hotwire.

• 2 weeks later...
I too have been trying to get a San Pedro Hotel on Priceline. Previously I have booked 6 months out and got the Crowne Plaza in April for $65 + tax. I am now trying for the 22nd of September and have been unable to get a room going up to $77. I keep trying everyday hopefully they'll release some rooms soon. I see a 31/2* in Priceline Express for $106 and nothing is showing up at all in Hotwire.

Just curious to see if you get any luck in winning Cp as your departure day is getting closer.:confused:

Just curious to see if you get any luck in winning Cp as your departure day is getting closer.:confused:

PRICELINE WILL TELL YOU WINNING BIDS ON THEIR SITE HERE>>

http://travela.priceline.com/promo/hotel_winning_bids.html

SAN PEDRO CAME UP $107 FOR 3 1/2 STAR HOTEL WHICH IS CROWNE PLAZA OR DOUBLETREE...IT IS SOME SAVINGS...

YOU COULD ALSO CALL THE HOTEL DIRECTLY AND ASK FOR A SPECIAL RATE FOR YOUR DAY...CAN'T HURT TO try....

PRICELINE WILL TELL YOU WINNING BIDS ON THEIR SITE HERE>>

http://travela.priceline.com/promo/hotel_winning_bids.html

SAN PEDRO CAME UP $107 FOR 3 1/2 STAR HOTEL WHICH IS CROWNE PLAZA OR DOUBLETREE...IT IS SOME SAVINGS....

That's Express deal rate. It's been either $106 or $107 for a few months. I think they are holding back rooms now because of the Express Deal figuring people would give in and not wait it out.

I'm curious as what people are getting for September. It looks like its $91 in the Express Deal.

Has only two 3'1/2 star hotels.

Both have free shuttles to the port.

Usually can get rooms from $65 to $75

on priceline. Must be something going

on in town beside the cruises.

HAS BREAKFAST BUT NO SHUTTLE...VERY NEAR CRUISE TERMINAL

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d81757-Reviews-San_Pedro_Inn_and_Suites_Hotel-Los_Angeles_California.html

Crowne Plaza or Doubletree.

Crowne Plaza was

$65 t0 $75 was with no breakfast

but free shuttle. Have stayed here quite

a few times. Eat across the street at the

Green Onion.

Holiday Inn wasn't a 3 1/2

unless it changed since April.

At one time it didn't get a good review.

Plus have take a taxi to port.

They don't have a shuttle to Long Beach but do provide one to San Pedro cruise terminal. Free wi-fi and breakfast. We're considering this one for a park and cruise stay.

http://sanpedroinnandsuites.com/ent/?document_srl=121

Archived