Credit Cards/Money in St. Barts

RJB

My experience was just before Christmas. 2015. We had lunch at a lovely cafe near the tender landing area and I noticed that others were using credit cards for payment. I had Euros and used them. US$, I do not know whether they would be accepted or not. If they might be, the exchange rate would not be very good, I would think.

Our tour guide was receiving US$ from most of the folks on our tour. I tipped him with Euros and he was very obviously more pleased.

Enjoy your visit on St. Barts. We did!

We just returned from our one day adventure in St Barth's. We rented a car and paid with our credit card and it was charged in euros. We drove all over the island doing our own bar and beach hop along the way. We either paid in euros or credit card. We really didn't find anyone on that island that would take US dollars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

We used our AMEX credit card for our car rental two years ago and plan to do so again in two weeks! Having read about the prices there, we did not do any shopping at all

Prices are 1 Euro equals 1.10 US Dollar .10 is cheap But prices are a bit higher there as everything is imported in.

Try England 1 British Pound equals 1.42 US Dollar Last time we where there 1.55

• 1 month later...