Food on the long flight to HNL?

honeymooner16

ive read some rumors that American is returning its meal service to the flight between DFW AND HNl for main cabin, was curious if anyone can confirm?

We are traveling with a toddler from the east coast, so we will likely have lunch and dinne on the long leg. Any suggestions of food that stayed well on this long of a flight? The last time I flew this long meals were still included!

Thanks!

ive read some rumors that American is returning its meal service to the flight between DFW AND HNl for main cabin, was curious if anyone can confirm?

We are traveling with a toddler from the east coast, so we will likely have lunch and dinne on the long leg. Any suggestions of food that stayed well on this long of a flight? The last time I flew this long meals were still included!

Thanks!

Maybe somewhere on the AA website or an online search could answer your question but checking upcoming AA flights it only shows meals with a fee.

I've read of some airlines returning to providing free meals on some domestic flights in addition to already having meals on international flights. I've never understood why airlines provide free coach meals on international flights that are shorter than the 8.5 hour non-stop DFW/HNL route. :confused:

The only airline I know that provides a free meal in coach to Hawaii is Hawaiian Airlines. They're my best option but they don't fly from DFW so hopefully AA will change their policy & provide a free coach meal.

Since you're flying from the East Coast, Hawaiian flies a nearly 11 hour non-stop from JFK to HNL or connecting flights via LAX & LAS. They fly widebody Airbus 330 aircraft with 2-4-2 seating in coach & in addition to a free hot coach meal have a free glass of wine included with the meal.

I just noticed you're in FL and Hawaiian does have a 15 hour journey from FLL to HNL via JFK or LAS so that may be another option for you to consider. We fly between LAX & Maui several times per year & always have excellent service on HA who has one of the best on-time records in the industry. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

We will be flying to Hawaii in 3weeks from YVR.

I thought 6 hrs was a long flight!

I will be packing snacks. I would recommend packing things your toddler likes, like: Cherrios, crackers, cheese strings, fruit leather...

Hope all goes well:D

We brought nuts, cookies, granola bars, chocolate, string cheese & fruit. It felt a little light on the protein to me & I wished I packed salami or pepperoni. Some people had sandwiches & cut up fruit. If you bring fruit you have to eat it on the plane. It can't be taken off into Hawaii.

I get tired of just snacks on a long flight so pack things that seem like I am enjoying a meal. In Dallas you should be able to get some hot items or salads to take onto the plane bound for Honolulu, or you may have enough time to sit at one of the restaurants and enjoy a meal prior to boarding. When you leave home pack some cut up fruit and sandwiches that you and your toddler like. If you have items that need to be kept cold you can pack a couple zip locks that you can put ice in once you get through security. I love snacks but not for an entire day. Have a great trip. Cherie