2017 cruisers that need to drop

RNsoon2beNP

Hello everyone!!! The name is Heidi. I've booked a celebratory cruise for myself and the FAM for 2/19/17. I stepped on the scale and I'm litteraly at a all time high for myself. Im 5'3. I stepped on the scale this morning and when I seen the numbers I was dumbfounded. I weighed in at 205lb. The stress of school and work has taken a ugly toll on my body. Lack of exercise and lots of bad dietary choices is the culprit here. I have 400 days to get my act together. Any 2017 cruisers looking to do the same?

I feel your pain. Also 5'3 and was 205 at last Saturdays weigh in. I started at 210 on Jan 2. I do have a cruise scheduled for 2017 but I am also trying my best to reach 190 by my March 5 cruise. I am doing weight watchers and exercising like I never have before, 6 days a week. Hopefully it will show on the scale this Sat. Good luck to you!:D

I feel your pain. Also 5'3 and was 205 at last Saturdays weigh in. I started at 210 on Jan 2. I do have a cruise scheduled for 2017 but I am also trying my best to reach 190 by my March 5 cruise. I am doing weight watchers and exercising like I never have before, 6 days a week. Hopefully it will show on the scale this Sat. Good luck to you!:D

Well your already going in the right direction! So best of luck to you as well. I'm trying to stay realistic, I'm getting over a cold so just cutting calories as of now. Can't wait to actually get back into the gym!

• 3 weeks later...

I have an early January cruise scheduled and I'm on week 2 of my healthy journey. I'm 5'0 and initially weighed in last week at my highest weight ever, 179.8 :( I'm happy to say my first week I lost 6.2 lbs. Hope I can keep the momentum going.

Best of luck to everyone on their healthy journey!

Right @mamaboss?!?! LOL I actually ate more than usual but cut out sugar and bread. I was skipping meals while at work then eating all the wrong things late at night. I think my body went into shock missing the nighttime snacks. :-)

Well keep it going! Whatever works I say!

• 4 weeks later...

I am hoping to have a May 2017 cruise booked soon. It will be the whole family and then some so pinning down a date right now. I am 5' 6" and began this lifestyle change in October (2015) at 217!! I am down to 197.6 this morning.

I have been low carbing and not began any exercise routine as of yet. I am 53 yrs old and swear that the yo-yo dieting I have done for the last 20yrs have completely anihalated my metab. I also was never a water drinker..more of a coffee all day kinda gal!! Now I drink much more water.. And actually get thirsty for it!!

My daughter will be married in October 16, and my son in December 16 !! I have asked them nicely to space my grand babies out a little more than that..haha. My reason for doing this now , aside for myself, is that I hate, I mean HATE, having my pic taken.. When I see them I always feel like I look like a freak...a stranger... I Don't even recognize myself . So my motivation is to,make sure I will be that proud MOB, MOG smiling away inthose pics!!

I am putting 100% into this. My first REAL goal was to be under 200 and I hit it about 3'weeks ago. I sometimes lose/gain 3 lbs over and over.. But have not gone back over the 200 mark. We can do this!!

I am hoping to have a May 2017 cruise booked soon. It will be the whole family and then some so pinning down a date right now. I am 5' 6" and began this lifestyle change in October (2015) at 217!! I am down to 197.6 this morning.

I have been low carbing and not began any exercise routine as of yet. I am 53 yrs old and swear that the yo-yo dieting I have done for the last 20yrs have completely anihalated my metab. I also was never a water drinker..more of a coffee all day kinda gal!! Now I drink much more water.. And actually get thirsty for it!!

My daughter will be married in October 16, and my son in December 16 !! I have asked them nicely to space my grand babies out a little more than that..haha. My reason for doing this now , aside for myself, is that I hate, I mean HATE, having my pic taken.. When I see them I always feel like I look like a freak...a stranger... I Don't even recognize myself . So my motivation is to,make sure I will be that proud MOB, MOG smiling away inthose pics!!

I am putting 100% into this. My first REAL goal was to be under 200 and I hit it about 3'weeks ago. I sometimes lose/gain 3 lbs over and over.. But have not gone back over the 200 mark. We can do this!!

YAY!!! Way to go!!! Slow and steady wins the race! There are many quick fixes, but you have to change your habbits if your want to avoid that rebound weight. Im trying to change, its hard. Im a stress eatter so I have been calorie counting to make myself accountable and aware of what Im doing to my body. Friday I weighed in at 194, so 11lbs down, and Im proud of that. Im not excerising as much as Id like to sue to time and knee pain, but calorie counting seems to be putting me back on track.

And i second that I hate pics, Im dumbfounded of what I look like in them, yet another reason to keep working on my goals!

Hi Heidi and Everyone!

I am so glad to have found you! I am planning a 2017 cruise too.

Heidi I am also a nurse. Kudos for doing the NP program. It is amazing how we are able to take care of others and not our selves.

Like Kellbells I am 53 and have been a Yo-Yo dieter. I think it is time for me to eat smarter and exercise. I have joined a brand new Y near me and I have found I love the water Zumba classes.

Have a great day. Looking forward to chatting with you!

:) Nora

I have a cruise booked for September 2016 and September 2017.

5'5" and 195 lbs. I would love to hit 160 by my cruise this year. 182 days to go. Wish me luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have a cruise booked for August 2017, I'm 4'11" and 146 (my highest weight for my size is really bad). I am training myself to eat healthy for now, once this rain slows down I plan to incorporate some exercise until I'm on a healthy routine. This forum surely should help!

We cruise in 369 days. I'll be turning 50 while we're at sea. Both my sons are getting married this fall (bring on the grand babies). My knees are giving me fits from Osteoarthritis. I've got a million reasons to lose.

I've always been....BIG. I had gastric bypass in 2008 and lost over 100 lbs. Even with the weight loss I was still obese. At least the diabetes is gone. Now because of the knees limiting exercise, stress eating (related to work & family issues) and a poor attitude toward ever losing all my weight, I've managed a 40 lb regain. :eek:

I've have the required pity party and now I'm trying to get my head back in the game. It has to be a lifestyle change. Slowly but surely I'm going to get there. This week is all about giving up sodas and not drinking my calories. I am an admitted coffee junky. I've switched out my required French Vanilla creamer with the sugar free version. little baby steps can eventually cross the marathon finish line.

Glad I found yall. Good luck to all.

- Iris

Hi all! I'm like Locashaina....144 at the max but I'm only 4'9" (on a good day!) so I need to lose 30 pounds to be at the top of my weight recommendations. I started working on it the day after Valentine's day, and I just weighed in this AM (WeightWatchers) - I am down over 7 pounds! I was worried - this is the first time I am trying to lose weight post-menopause and I also had knee replacement surgery 6 months ago so I am limited in exercise. I walk, and I ride the stationary bike. I have two weddings to go to this summer/fall as well as a cruise at the end of June. Lots of incentive!!!!

Welcome all!!! Love hearing your stories, keep the updates coming. Knowing you need to make the change is half the battle, and we are not alone. So keep up the good work everyone!.

Update on me. I am 15lbs down! I hit 190, yesterday morning. Ive just been watching what I eat, I love to exercise, but no time. I try to sneak in as much activity as i can and try to hit the gym when i get days off. Working on the 180's now :)

My family and I will be headed to the Western Caribbean at the end of January. I planned this cruise sometime in the summer, so this is when I began to seriously look at my overall health. I'm 5'4 and weighed almost 170 lbs. at the time. This was the heaviest I've ever been.

I ordered that 30 minute workout program from BB. Although I was eating healthy and working out again, I felt the program was not for me. It wasn't challenging enough and I only lost 10 lbs during the 90 day regime (started Labor Day weekend). Then the holidays came around and took a break. Mostly because I didn't want to beat myself up about what holiday foods I could and couldn't have, but also because I was about to move out of state.

I am now on my 6th week of the original P90X program. It focuses on lifting, which I love because this is how my body loses weight; cardio does nothing for me. I am now down to 152 lbs. I'm excited because I'm seeing results, but the workout time is so much longer than the 30 minute program :p

My overall goal is to be muscular at 135 lbs. (think Meisha Tate or Michelle Rodriguez). I know this won't happen by the time I cruise (I don't think?), but goals. I have them :D

• 1 month later...
My family and I will be headed to the Western Caribbean at the end of January. I planned this cruise sometime in the summer, so this is when I began to seriously look at my overall health. I'm 5'4 and weighed almost 170 lbs. at the time. This was the heaviest I've ever been.

I ordered that 30 minute workout program from BB. Although I was eating healthy and working out again, I felt the program was not for me. It wasn't challenging enough and I only lost 10 lbs during the 90 day regime (started Labor Day weekend). Then the holidays came around and took a break. Mostly because I didn't want to beat myself up about what holiday foods I could and couldn't have, but also because I was about to move out of state.

I am now on my 6th week of the original P90X program. It focuses on lifting, which I love because this is how my body loses weight; cardio does nothing for me. I am now down to 152 lbs. I'm excited because I'm seeing results, but the workout time is so much longer than the 30 minute program :p

My overall goal is to be muscular at 135 lbs. (think Meisha Tate or Michelle Rodriguez). I know this won't happen by the time I cruise (I don't think?), but goals. I have them :D

WOW! Way to go! Seeing results is an amazing feeling! Keep us updated!

Hey everyone, I know its been a while. I was wrapping up another semester. Update on me, I am still going in the right direction. Yesterday I hit a mile stone, I've officially lost 20lbs! I weight in at 184.8lb. Im beyond excited, because I had a bad week, but I came out on top :)

This is all just by calorie counting. I am a ER so that helps some I guess, no real time to excerise. I would say I have a medium to large frame for being 5'3. So my ideal goal would be 145-150ish.

Less than 300days to go and I graduate in 232 days :). If i continue on my portion control and add in some exercise, I should be able to meet my goal by graduate, being realistic at 1 pound a week.

But one day at a time, until then.....

How is everyone else doing?

• 1 month later...

A little late to the game. I also need to lose weight before my 2017 cruise. I lost 60 lbs. 7 years ago and have managed to put almost all of it back on. I HAVE to get it back off so here we go!! My next cruise is in April of 2017 so plenty of time to make that happen if I stick to the course =)

Good Luck to everyone.....I know the struggle well.

I have a cruise booked for September 2016 and September 2017.

5'5" and 195 lbs. I would love to hit 160 by my cruise this year. 182 days to go. Wish me luck.

Update for me: I am down to 165. 74 days to go and still losing. Hoping to hit 150 now

Update for me: I am down to 165. 74 days to go and still losing. Hoping to hit 150 now

Wonderful job! Keep it up! I lost 9 lbs then gained 2 and am still at that point. I need to get my groove back! :)