Nights in private places

lolau79

Hello everyone,

We are booked on the Quest Med cruise next May 13 departure from Venice. This will be our first Azamara cruise, we are pretty new at this, first time in Italy too, we only sailed one time, in French Polynesia on the Paul Gauguin 3 years ago, which was pretty amazing also.

I've been reading all the threads and roll call discussion for a few weeks now and it's getting pretty exciting....

Does anyone knows how to proceed for booking the nights in private places on the Sanctum terrace for this sailing? Just went on the Azamara site, said by reservation onboard only, but, do they offer this more than once on the cruise? This is an 11 nights sailing.

Would like to do this either the night before sea day or on sea day's night.

This cruise is for our wedding anniversary, and i'm pretty sure the night in private places would be a very special and romantic way to celebrate it. Sleeping under the star.... Yes...

Maybe Bonnie knows the answer? Do we have to come by early on embarkation day to make sure we are able to book it? You all seem so experienced with Azamara, any of you did this before?

Thanks for your help.... 67 days and counting....

Hello lolau79 and welcome to Azamara!

Once you board, go to the front desk and ask about booking Nights in Private Places. To the best of my knowledge the ship will schedule one each night, so all 11 of your nights ought to be available. It is first come, first serve...don't put it off if you're really interested.

Let us know how it goes. I'd love to try an evening under the stars as well :hearteyes:

As Bonnie says get in there early so you can pick your day. The two Spa Suites get a complimentary Nights in Private Places (assuming they want to take them up) and they've proved popular on the sailings I've done. Another good idea might to be look at the short range weather forecast and try to pick a night that looks good. Looking at your itinerary if you could get the evening you are in Kotor that is a pretty spectacular sail out even if it's quite dark and you've got a sea day afterwards. The others all look nice too though.

Good idea, I intend to be on deck very early on the morning we arrive in Kotor. Dont want to miss when we enter those magnificient fjords. The scenery must be awesome.

Any idea what's the earliest time we can board the ship? The ship is schedule to leave port at 10:00 pm, if we arrive around 1:00 pm is this too early/late?

I really dont want to miss the opportunity to book that event to celebrate "us" and Kotor night would be the ideal date for us, if weather looks good.

Thanks

Good idea, I intend to be on deck very early on the morning we arrive in Kotor. Dont want to miss when we enter those magnificient fjords. The scenery must be awesome.

Any idea what's the earliest time we can board the ship? The ship is schedule to leave port at 10:00 pm, if we arrive around 1:00 pm is this too early/late?

I really dont want to miss the opportunity to book that event to celebrate "us" and Kotor night would be the ideal date for us, if weather looks good.

Thanks

1pm should be fine, maybe even a little earlier. I normally aim for being on the ship at midday and at most ports that has worked out.

Unless you book an evening when the ship stays in port it's difficult to avoid a "sea night"!

I wouldn't book a port night - noise outside possibly less privacy. If I was doing it I would do it on a Sea night. Not sure what the issue is about fake candles it's a safety issue but they still look fabulous

I wouldn't book a port night - noise outside possibly less privacy. If I was doing it I would do it on a Sea night. Not sure what the issue is about fake candles it's a safety issue but they still look fabulous

The OP ir someone said the lights were to bright, add the tea lights more lights.

Due to movement at front of ship I would do a port. Ishtar that we sail late to enjoy sail away. A full day at sea can be rough and guests have canceled their night

As everyone has different sensitivities to movement I think Phil's advise is the best - monitor the forecasts and if you're sensitive to movement pick up a sea forecast as well - and enjoy your night whichever day you choose.

We did the Nights in Private Places when we stayed in the Spa Suite in January. The candles around the deck were beautiful and added to the ambiance. With that said, the butler gave us a fob control to turn off the candles individually if we wished. We left them on since the light from them was not bright at all.

They do have overhead lights on during dinner (which was delicious) so the butler can see what he's doing and you can also see what you're eating however he should ask you if you want the lights to remain on or want them turned off at a certain time after he leaves, which we did.

We slept outside to a full moon and made it through the night. No rocking or bad weather. It was a great experience.

Thanks for the info on this. We'd like to try this on our anniversary too. But it sounds very discretionary, based on the port, the availability of staff, weather etc. We considered it on our last one, and it was cold and very rough on the Sea days, so we never enquired. I'm hoping it might work out during our Oct anniversary cruise. Fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone for all those precious informations.

Mooinmo, about the night in special places, happy that you enjoyed it a lot. This is definetely a " must do " for us on this cruise.

We cannot wait to be on board the Quest, from all of your comments it looks great.

FamilygoBoston, just saw you were in French Polynesia on the Paul Gauguin a few years back. Apart from the destination how would you compare the Paul Gauguin to the Azamara Quest?

This cruise with the Quest will be only our 2nd cruise. First one was 10 days Tahiti/Tuamotus on the Gauguin in october 2013 which we find absolutely incredible. We loved that it was a small ship with excellent crew and services, long days in each port, sometimes 2, it was truly gorgeous.

Since you were on both ships i tought i would ask your opinion?

We did travel a lot since then , but on land. We usually do between 3 and 5 weeks into the same country because we like to "immerse" ourselves into the culture of one country. But we decided it was time to try something different and when we readed about the Azamara ships it seems to tickle all the right boxes for us.

Any suggestions or "tips" is greatly appreciate.

Thank you

We have done both ships and have been on PG twice.

Difference we see is better gym on AZ, finer food on PG,better pool on AZ , also nice coffee spot. Stateroom on PG even the window rooms are larger than AZ, but the staff on AZ knocks it out of the park. Even the small amount of entertainment is better on AZ.

FamilygoBoston, just saw you were in French Polynesia on the Paul Gauguin a few years back. Apart from the destination how would you compare the Paul Gauguin to the Azamara Quest?

This cruise with the Quest will be only our 2nd cruise. First one was 10 days Tahiti/Tuamotus on the Gauguin in october 2013 which we find absolutely incredible. We loved that it was a small ship with excellent crew and services, long days in each port, sometimes 2, it was truly gorgeous.

Since you were on both ships i tought i would ask your opinion?

We did travel a lot since then , but on land. We usually do between 3 and 5 weeks into the same country because we like to "immerse" ourselves into the culture of one country. But we decided it was time to try something different and when we readed about the Azamara ships it seems to tickle all the right boxes for us.

Any suggestions or "tips" is greatly appreciate.

Thank you

Yes, we've done each once...I think both cruises are similar in that it's a small ship, friendly crew and very destination focused. Obviously, the destinations keep changing with AZ, so that means that they have to be so much more nimble with itineraries, entertainment and speakers, and AZ is! I thought there was more varied and "fun" entertainment on AZ, on PG the entertainment is very cultural and romance focused. PG is even smaller than AZ and was very intimate, but I thought AZ was friendlier, not that PG was unfriendly, just with so many honey mooners and anniversary couples, it was very "coupley". I felt AZ was more social, we even joked about it, because many nights, we had in mind where we wanted to dine alone or had some plans and we changed because we received so many invitations to meet folks and dine with them, or join them for a show etc. We kinda ran out of nights!

The AZ folks were better traveled, I found the PG folks, many were on the cruise, but hadn't done the research beyond that lol ! It wasn't that they hadn't traveled, they just weren't immersed in it the way AZ people are! On AZ, even on these boards in advance, people have done the research and I not only was able to pull together my own tour groups of people who wanted to do what we had planned, but I was able to join some tours others panned AND I got recommendations for who to tour with and where to go for my NEXT cruise from fellow passengers.

All in all I think you'll find the experiences very comparable. The AZ crew is part of a very big company, but they have responsibility for a little ship and they take HUGE pride in that and it shows! I think you'll love it!

• 5 weeks later...
We just booked our Spa Suite on Azamara's Journey. Would love any helpful hints and or thoughts about Nights in Private Places as well as thoughts about the spa suite.

I love the suite. But even with four closets there not enough folding storage space. being near the spa and gym is great. you forget something you go back to get it. love the shower with 7 shower heads..

what would you like to know.

How was it being on a deck with only two suites and what was the noise level in the room like from the outside pool bar, bathrooms next door and lounge above?

honestly I heard the door once in a while when crew were toting towels back and forth or ;loading the bar. Never heard any toilets ever. sometimes crew going in or out crew door talk. but the worse part of day was around 5 to 7 when towels moved again.they need to open the firedoor at that time vs letting it shut. you can not hear anything from deck 10. If not for the door into hall at certain times of day.

• 4 years later...
6 hours ago, voyager1964 said:

Are those nights no longer offered?

It has depended upon the ship. Pursuit doesn't have a bed on the terrace so they haven't offered it on that ship. Not sure whether Onward will have the bed. With Covid I guess things are up in the air for now. I can't see them offering it at the moment. 

Phil 

• Like 2