Azamara's price guarantee

papa B me

I am new to Azamara. I have now schedule a cruise for Sept 2018 and August 2019. From my understanding Azamara in an effort to encourage early booking has a price guarantee where if they lower the prices or add additional incentives before final payment that they guarantee to adjust your benefit and/or add the incentives to your booking. I'm curious if any of the regular cruisers that book as far in advance as I do have experienced this benefit first hand. It caught my attention on the current Twice as Nice offers that don't extend out as far as my cruises. Hoping that as these dates get closer I may be able to benefit if there are additional incentives. Any thoughts or experiences appreciated.

We were able to take advantage of this twice on our first Azamara cruise last year. The first time, they did the "double upgrade" promotion and our travel agent contacted us to let us know and we re-booked, saving $1,400. Then a few months later I noticed another price drop and I contacted the travel agent and we saved another $600. So that was great (we had booked 16 months out). However, I believe some offers for extra perks & credits, etc. are for "new bookings only" because this year after we booked our Baltic Cruise, I noticed another offer that I tried to get but my travel agent was told it was for "new bookings only." So I am guessing there's a difference between "price guarantee" and other benefits.

Azamara also has a disturbing tendency to refuse to adjust your fare by saying the new promotion is for "new bookings only." This despite the fact that the so-called "best price guarantee" reads "we'll simply adjust your cruise fare if prices change or new promotions become available."

Seems to me either they honor the guarantee or change its wording to reflect the reality of how it's administered. Our TA, president of a large cruise agency, raised this issue with his Azamara regional rep and got nowhere. I intend to raise this issue with Larry P. on the LCV cruise.

Not available to Australians. Unless they've changed, it's only for USA and Canada. Seems unfair to me and it's certainly a disincentive to booking too early. UK and Australian/New Zealanders have always made up a fair proportion of Azamara cruisers. Indeed, on the Apr 16 cruise from Singapore to Dubai, Australians were the largest national group aboard. It's a bit annoying that non North Americans get hit by Fx variances and also have to subsidise North Americans who get to book cabins early, in the best positions, but still get to take advantage of later offers.

At this point I am very unhappy with Azamara. They came out with a price change that was less than what we paid and a whole category above what we had booked. My TA could not get them to do anything. They definitely do not honor the best price guarantee. We are loyal Discover Plus members. Where is Azamara's loyalty to us?---very disappointing...

Price guarantee should work easily up until final payment is due. I have had my TA adjust prices many times. Anything that happens before final payment is a done deal. Before final payment, you could cancel and rebook. The "new bookings only" is cop out. My TA has also gotten me price reductions after final payment. If your TA tells you sorry, find a new TA. After final payment, I have received more OBC, cabin upgrade, etc. I have a great TA.

Thanks for all the feedback. When I book this far in advance I primarily do it to make sure I get the cabin I want. I'm sailing in the owners suite and want to be on deck 7 so there are only two to choose from. So for me its worth it to go ahead and lock in. However, I do want to make sure I understand the policy to the best of my ability to take advantage of any perks or price drops along the way. The best I can tell there are differences between a year or longer till sailing and under a year. Also its clear that once final payment arrives there are no changes. Still trying to find that great TA which I haven't had up to this point. Looking now for someone to assign the reservations to within the 60 day period if I can find someone who I feel will work for me should the prices/perks change. Thanks again for the feedback.

Price guarantee should work easily up until final payment is due. I have had my TA adjust prices many times. Anything that happens before final payment is a done deal. Before final payment, you could cancel and rebook. The "new bookings only" is cop out. My TA has also gotten me price reductions after final payment. If your TA tells you sorry, find a new TA. After final payment, I have received more OBC, cabin upgrade, etc. I have a great TA.

This generalization tells us little unless you tell us which cruise line(s) have given you price reductions. If Azamara wasn't one of them, it's irrelevant to this thread.

If you booked from the USA and haven't made your final payment you may be able to save money by cancelling ( losing your deposit) and re-booking. As the British deposit is higher it's rarely worth it for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You won't lose your entire deposit if you cancel and rebook, just 50.00 pp up to 121 days out, which is up to final payment

You won't lose your entire deposit if you cancel and rebook, just 50.00 pp up to 121 days out, which is up to final payment

I'm not sure this is correct for UK clients? Our booking conditions say:

"The following cancellation charges will apply calculated by reference to the full booking priceof your holiday and reference to date is to the date your holiday commences:

90 days or more Deposit only

89 - 61 days 50%

60 to 31 days 75%

30 days or less 100%

Note: The minimum cancellation charge will always be the loss of deposit (including anyincreased deposit amount arising from a build your own package)."

Some deposits can be several hundred pounds per person. I don't know what it is currently with Azamara.

I'm not sure this is correct for UK clients? Our booking conditions say:

"The following cancellation charges will apply calculated by reference to the full booking priceof your holiday and reference to date is to the date your holiday commences:

90 days or more Deposit only

89 - 61 days 50%

60 to 31 days 75%

30 days or less 100%

Note: The minimum cancellation charge will always be the loss of deposit (including anyincreased deposit amount arising from a build your own package)."

Some deposits can be several hundred pounds per person. I don't know what it is currently with Azamara.

Deposit for U.K. customers is £250 per person. That's about $310 pp at today's rate of exchange.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the deposit now for Aza in the USA? I'm sure it was $250pp when I last booked, and unfortunately we had to cancel and we were charged $50pp.

In the UK I know the deposit (non refundable if you cancel) is £250pp.

I am looking at a cruise for 2019 which is a long time away to commit to, and I am sure there will be price drops as the cruise is very expensive. Having read this thread I wonder whether their "it's for new bookings only" answer will exclude me from any price drops! However if the price drop is more than $100 it is worth taking the hit and rebooking IMHO.

When you click on the link don't forget to check the flag at the top to make sure you're looking at the deposit policy for your country!

Thanks - just spotted that!!!

$550pp Gulp! At least the downside is only $100 if you do have to cancel. Or you move it to another date.

We booked in January 17 for a cruise on the Journey in March 18 and our TA has told us we are entitled to no OBC what so ever I do think this a little bit unfair when I see other people on these forums getting so much. What have we done wrong?

We booked in January 17 for a cruise on the Journey in March 18 and our TA has told us we are entitled to no OBC what so ever I do think this a little bit unfair when I see other people on these forums getting so much. What have we done wrong?

I'm sure that you have done nothing wrong. As you booked your cruise more than 12 months before departure I think that you should be entitled to OBC ( Early Booking Benefit) - the amount is dependant on the stateroom category you have booked.

Your TA should be aware of this and, if not, you should contact Azamara UK for clarification/confirmation.

I'm sure that you have done nothing wrong. As you booked your cruise more than 12 months before departure I think that you should be entitled to OBC ( Early Booking Benefit) - the amount is dependant on the stateroom category you have booked.

Your TA should be aware of this and, if not, you should contact Azamara UK for clarification/confirmation.

You certainly should be entitled to early booking OBC. If you look on the Azamara website under 'Early Booking Benefit' you'll see it. You need to show your TA the Azamara website statement.