Swimming with dolphins in Curaçao!

cruisingkris01

Hi there! I'm going on my second cruise, next March. We're going on Navigator of the Seas on a 9 day Southern Caribbean cruise. One of the stops is Curaçao and RC has an excursion to swim with dolphins. I've wanted to do this for a long time but I wondered if anyone else has experienced this in Curaçao? It doesn't look like it's as in depth as other dolphin excursions as there's no swimming with them or having them push you, which is disappointing to me. I just wonder if it's worth the $150.00! Thanks!!:cool:

I'd suggest you check out the Dolphin Academy which is at the Curacao Sea Aquarium.

They offer several different options on interacting with Dolphins which include swimming, free diving and scuba encounter experiences.

If the RCCL one at $150 does not include swimming with them it is a definite saving to book direct as they do and are cheaper.

It includes admission to the Aquarium which is small but interesting.

You can also swim/feed sharks and turtles there too - checkout Oceanencountersdotcom website - I did this and it was great fun.

I would have done the Dolphin Scuba but the timings did not fit with our docked times.

We got a taxi from the port to take us there and same to come back as there is a taxi rank by the Aquarium. I think it was no more than $20 each way approx. inc tip.

Navigator is a great ship too. Have a fun cruise!

• 1 month later...
I'd suggest you check out the Dolphin Academy which is at the Curacao Sea Aquarium.

They offer several different options on interacting with Dolphins which include swimming, free diving and scuba encounter experiences.

If the RCCL one at $150 does not include swimming with them it is a definite saving to book direct as they do and are cheaper.

It includes admission to the Aquarium which is small but interesting.

You can also swim/feed sharks and turtles there too - checkout Oceanencountersdotcom website - I did this and it was great fun.

I would have done the Dolphin Scuba but the timings did not fit with our docked times.

We got a taxi from the port to take us there and same to come back as there is a taxi rank by the Aquarium. I think it was no more than $20 each way approx. inc tip.

Navigator is a great ship too. Have a fun cruise!

Defintiely book independently ...we swam with them in a very small group of 6-8 people ..it was amazing definite bucket list item ...509dc7bf132fb4e49493c5b005b8cce0.jpg