Carnival City View Trolley

imluvncruzn

Same "tour". The $19.99 price is the same price as buying the tickets online and cheaper than buying them at the ticket booth in Mallory Square. There are coupons floating around if you can get your hands on one if you want to wait and buy them in KW.

Old Time Trolley is the other HOHO tour trolley outfit......

Edited by Herfnerd

Is the Carnival City View Trolley the same as the City Trolley that is mentioned so often in the threads on this forum? I see Carnival offers this excursion for $19.99. Any input on that one?

If you book online, seniors, military and students are $18. Kids under 12 are free.

But yes, it's the same tour. Key West has 2 trolley tours....City View and Old Town. City View is the better of the 2, in my opinion.

If you book online, seniors, military and students are $18. Kids under 12 are free.

But yes, it's the same tour. Key West has 2 trolley tours....City View and Old Town. City View is the better of the 2, in my opinion.

We're going down this summer for a few days and will utilizing the trolleys. We were going to use Old Town but I am curious, why do you like City View better? You've sparked my interested. We may change.. .

We're going down this summer for a few days and will utilizing the trolleys. We were going to use Old Town but I am curious, why do you like City View better? You've sparked my interested. We may change.. .

They're basically the same tour but with a huge price difference. City View is as much as 9 or 10 dollars less expensive. Plus, City View has padded seats whereas Old Town has wood seats.

The difference in tour is, Old Town takes you out into the part of the City known as New Town. The whole purpose is to make 2 stops...one at a cheesy souvenir shop and the other at a hotel owned by the same guy who owns the trolley franchise.

They're basically the same tour but with a huge price difference. City View is as much as 9 or 10 dollars less expensive. Plus, City View has padded seats whereas Old Town has wood seats.

The difference in tour is, Old Town takes you out into the part of the City known as New Town. The whole purpose is to make 2 stops...one at a cheesy souvenir shop and the other at a hotel owned by the same guy who owns the trolley franchise.

Wow, I just checked the price and you're right. Big price difference. For my family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) it would be $114.80 on Old Town (second day free) and $76 with City View (paying both days). $39 difference. Glad I found this thread, I believe we'll be going with City View Trolley.

Thanks!

This is not true. There are 4 stops in New Town and none of them are at "a cheesy souvenir shop." The stops are at The Fairfield Inn, The Gates Hotel, The Best Western and the East Martello Tower. From the Best Western stop you can walk across the street to the ocean front walkway and walk along the sea. The East Martello Tower stop has a quirky museum you can visit that is the home of Robert the Doll. Google to learn more about him.

Here is the route map online:

https://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/map

I also think Cityview is a good choice for cruise ship passengers, but Old Town Trolley is a good option for visitors staying in New Town, or those that want to circle the whole island and see the East Martello Tower museum.

This is not true. There are 4 stops in New Town and none of them are at "a cheesy souvenir shop." The stops are at The Fairfield Inn, The Gates Hotel, The Best Western and the East Martello Tower. From the Best Western stop you can walk across the street to the ocean front walkway and walk along the sea. The East Martello Tower stop has a quirky museum you can visit that is the home of Robert the Doll. Google to learn more about him.

Here is the route map online:

https://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/map

I also think Cityview is a good choice for cruise ship passengers, but Old Town Trolley is a good option for visitors staying in New Town, or those that want to circle the whole island and see the East Martello Tower museum.

We always stay on Upper Duval and hop on OTT at stop #11 which happens to be in front of a souvenir shop which is what I wonder they meant. But I wouldn't necessarily call it "cheesy" by any means - no moreso than any other shop. The fact of the matter, its one of the few, if not only souvenir shops in that area as well......