2019 O itineraries

cbb

I agree, nothing there to interest us... done most of what is offered...very disappointed... how about an intensive Japan itinerary????

We have done the cruise offered to the southern part of Japan .. we sure are looking to do the northern areas and don't mind repeating some of the ports we have already done...

Any chance Oceania????

INS190111F.jpg

The World Cruise Itinerary for '19 is HEAVEN! :halo::halo:, but we're night owls and dislike sailing West.

PLEASE go Eastbound in '20!

Don't you gain an hour on many nights sailing West and lose an hour sailing East?

I would think night owls would rather gain an hour during the night than lose an hour?

RelaxingRita....we agree. I'd love to circumnavigate Japan. Seems like it would be a perfect match for O.

While it's not on Oceania, at least 2 cruise lines offer very good all around Japan itineraries - Princess and Ponant.

We did it on the Diamond Princess last summer - a very different experience but an excellent itinerary.

Depends on how "desperate" you are to cruise around Japan :D

Paulchili....our TA suggested Diamond Princess as well as some Aussie friends currently doing a "cherry blossom" cruise. Our TA did tell us that Princess wasn't the O experience we loved but that we'd know that and lower our expectations. I'd like to spend more time in Japan.

Heck, I'm even looking at good ol' bus tours or semi-guided tours with free days-2019. We'll see. May do one of our 1-2 month car trips here in NAmerica instead!

thanks for the suggestion!

cbb and paulchili... Azamara are offering a great cruise around Japan in 2019... certainly worth a serious consideration for us!!

I am going to look at Ponant right now!! Thanks.

Friends also did Diamond Princess... yes they said exactly the same... lower your expectations... maybe we will get to be "desperate!"

Paulchili....our TA suggested Diamond Princess as well as some Aussie friends currently doing a "cherry blossom" cruise. Our TA did tell us that Princess wasn't the O experience we loved but that we'd know that and lower our expectations. I'd like to spend more time in Japan.

Heck, I'm even looking at good ol' bus tours or semi-guided tours with free days-2019. We'll see. May do one of our 1-2 month car trips here in NAmerica instead!

thanks for the suggestion!

There's a lot to see in North America! Our Danish friends have been blown away by the national parks we have shown them in Northern California (not to mention Death Valley), as well as the Badlands to Grand Canyon route we did some years ago. They also loved driving north from NYC up to Quebec ...

When Sisse first arrived at the Badlands she dashed out of the car (leaving her door open) and screamed, "YOU TO GO EUROPE WHEN YOU HAVE THIS?????????"

A point well taken ...

We have yet to get our friends up to Western Canada ...

Mura

we spent the years we had a young family doing giant month-long car trips of the US and most of Canada.

I know it sounds like bragging but there are few US National Parks we haven't visited, camped, backpacked, rafted, etc. and we've done all 50 states...so a circumnav of Japan at this time in our lives sounds wonderful. Also done much of Canada's National Parks.

We looked at doing another ATW with O but feel like we're ready to do something different. We're doing a circum of Australia with O since we love OZ so much and flying into Sydney weeks early.

We would also like to spend several weeks in Cape Town since we fell in love with that area and the people.

When we do another car trip it will probably be up the eastern seaboard of the US into Nova Scotia, up as far north as PEI and over to Newfoundland and down into Quebec/Montreal. It has been years since we've been to Cape Breton area.

We have to get these big adventures done before we're too old to climb in and out of small boats, little planes, safari jeeps, etc! Will go check out Azamara...thanks!

You're not bragging at all! It just sounded from your earlier post like maybe you hadn't done the U.S. before ... I've talked to a number of people who concentrate on foreign climes before they consider visits closer to home!

If you do Maritime Canada (assuming you haven't been there before) don't miss Perce and the Gaspe Peninsula (Quebec). The sight of the gannets on Bonaventure Island, off Perce, is miraculous. Since you've been to Australia and NZ, you may well have seen them down there ... they also can be found in Norway, so they are all over.

I also got a wonderful deerskin backpack in Perce on our last visit there that I would love to replace, but we haven't been back recently ...

In fact, if you haven't been to this area before, I have some suggestions to make ... No rush on that, you have my email!

Mura

We did all of the Eastern side of Canada but unfortunately it was years ago so that is something we'd like to do again. Heck we've even driven across Saskathewan and .loved it, btw. Reminded me of N Dakota which I think is gorgeous, especially in late summer.

One of our cruises for 2018 is Mumbai-Rome but there are 3 places on it I'm really looking forward to...Suez Canal, Luxor, and Petra. We've tried before but the Arab Spring grew and O decided not to do many of the ports so we cancelled it; now we'll try again!

We're taking this cruise with great friends from ATW16 and they've been to these ports before so we're counting on our Canadian buddies to help us! We end in Rome so may then travel through Italy by train--that should be lots of fun.

Will you be doing Petra through the cruise line? I'm not saying whether you should or shouldn't, I'm just curious.

When we visited Petra DH's Israeli cousin dropped us off in Eilat and we took a two day tour with a private agency, the first to Petra, the second to Mt. Sinai. We loved Petra, especially staying at a wonderful hotel that used to be an Arab village but now is a 5* hotel. (We don't normally stay in such luxurious digs.) That gave us time to visit Petra outside of hours ... The next day we had a private tour through Wadi Rum with a retired major from the Jordanian Air Force. He booked us a wonderful lunch over a fire in the desert ... quite wonderful.

The visit to Mt. Sinai was NOT so wonderful. The monks clearly did not want the tourists there ...

Mura

we will tour Petra privately but the 2 couples, with the advice of the tour guide, will decide whether to additionally do Wadi Rum.

we are only in Aqaba for one day. We'll also do Jerusalem on a private tour.but we've been there before so may just wander or do a tour one day of Old City. It depends on what our friends want to do.

Thanks for the great advice!

While it's not on Oceania, at least 2 cruise lines offer very good all around Japan itineraries - Princess and Ponant.

We did it on the Diamond Princess last summer - a very different experience but an excellent itinerary.

Depends on how "desperate" you are to cruise around Japan :D

So does Silversea. We are getting addicted to their small ship expedition sailings. West Africa (we just completed) was eye opening.

The World Cruise Itinerary for '19 is HEAVEN! :halo::halo:

I agree!! My friend and I booked this cruise because it contains so many of our "bucket list" ports and going westward is the only way we want to head - rather gain time than lose it. After doing this world cruise, I'll just need to do South America and I'll be happy that I've seen virtually all the places I want to. Any travel after that will be the cherry on top of the sundae. ;)

we spent the years we had a young family doing giant month-long car trips of the US and most of Canada.

I know it sounds like bragging but there are few US National Parks we haven't visited, camped, backpacked, rafted, etc. and we've done all 50 states...so a circumnav of Japan at this time in our lives sounds wonderful. Also done much of Canada's National Parks.

We looked at doing another ATW with O but feel like we're ready to do something different. We're doing a circum of Australia with O since we love OZ so much and flying into Sydney weeks early.

We would also like to spend several weeks in Cape Town since we fell in love with that area and the people.

When we do another car trip it will probably be up the eastern seaboard of the US into Nova Scotia, up as far north as PEI and over to Newfoundland and down into Quebec/Montreal. It has been years since we've been to Cape Breton area.

We have to get these big adventures done before we're too old to climb in and out of small boats, little planes, safari jeeps, etc! Will go check out Azamara...thanks!

Great for you. When we had small children I had to work, work, work. Just happy to get a week off. Nice to see someone was able to do it even if it could not be me. :):):)