RFID Shield wallets

majarosh

Hi all

2 out of my credit cards have been hit....solved THAT issue...My question..do you use RFID Shield wallets and where did you locate them. Been looking and doing my due diligence looking for a replacement. Any suggestions...Heading to COZUMEL on LOS in 18 days (but who's counting...lol) and I want to be as protected as I possibly can.

Hi all

2 out of my credit cards have been hit....solved THAT issue...My question..do you use RFID Shield wallets and where did you locate them. Been looking and doing my due diligence looking for a replacement. Any suggestions...Heading to COZUMEL on LOS in 18 days (but who's counting...lol) and I want to be as protected as I possibly can.

I use two RFID wallets when cruising. I have an older version of this PacSafe wallet with chain. I like the chain because it reduces the chances of it getting stolen or lost by accident by attaching the chain to my belt. http://www.pacsafe.com/rfidsafe-z100-rfid-blocking-bi-fold-wallet.html

I also have this small front pocket wallet http://www.amazon.com/Rogue-Wallets-Ballistic-Nylon-Wallet/dp/B004FVOPBU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425164648&sr=8-1&keywords=rogue+rfid+wallet

There are many choices and in all price ranges. A simple search of rfid wallet will give you many choices.

Shak

Might be easier, and certainly cheaper, to ditch any RFID credit cards. ;)

Good luck with that! At least here, they're common as dirt and it's virtually impossible to get a card these days without RFID technology.

As for the original question, I use RFID sleeves for the individual cards instead, so I can use my regular wallet. I think I bought mine off ebay, and they were just a couple of bucks for a group of 10 of them. I like that I can use my own wallet, and it's cheaper to only cover the cards that need it (and not everything else).

I am a big fan of the Flipside Wallet. Hard polycarbonate design.

One thing you need to consider...do you want a "soft" or "hard" design? In general, the "soft" use a metal mesh inside the fabric, the hard use solid plates of RFID blocking material.

One thing to note...the Flipside is NOT mean for hip pockets where you will sit on the wallet, as the hinges can be shifted out of alignment.

Hi all

Hi -- we ordered a PacSafe zippered RFID wallet from Amazon -- they have a nice selection and good prices. Ours has a place for passports on one side and cards on the other. It also has a strap long enough to wear around your neck. That occasionally comes in handy, like when you're in line at the cruise port / airport with both hands full, and they tell you to have your passport ready!

And, to the person who suggested going RFID-free -- well, good luck with that. Our passports, drivers licenses and Global entry cards all have RFID chips in them. We're just now starting to receive "chipped" credit cards.

If your in a hurry and don't have time to shop, you can use aluminum foil wrapped around your cards.

Mylar pouches...we use transponders to pay our bridge tolls here, they come with mylar pouches for those who don't want to be tracked while they're driving down the freeway for "traffic control" purposes:cool:

I asked for one of these wallets for Christmas. My daughter got it from Amazon. She said there were lots to choose from.

As mentioned, more and more items have the chip in them - there is no way you can get away from them.

I found some at Target. They had wallets and passport cases that have RFID protection.

Also bought RFID wallets and purses through TravelSmith. A little more expensive that way but a bigger selection.

My GE card also came with its own sleeve.

I have a Superlegera Wallet from Herrington (the website and catalog). It's lightweight aluminum hard-shell. It hold 10 cards and you can fold your cash to be in there, too. Just drop it in the internal zipper compartment of any of my bags and I'm good to go. One of our corporate groups who did a meeting at our hotel back in January gave all of us in the Front Office a thank-you "tip" of very nice leather passport wallets that are RFID-protected.

What a waste of money. Chips don't work like that. There is no need to shield them. They don't emit anything. To the OP your cards did not get compromised because of some chip that is on them.

The only thing the protectors do is make some guy who thought he could convince some people that they were needed a bunch of money.

Hi -- we ordered a PacSafe zippered RFID wallet from Amazon -- they have a nice selection and good prices. Ours has a place for passports on one side and cards on the other. It also has a strap long enough to wear around your neck. That occasionally comes in handy, like when you're in line at the cruise port / airport with both hands full, and they tell you to have your passport ready!

And, to the person who suggested going RFID-free -- well, good luck with that. Our passports, drivers licenses and Global entry cards all have RFID chips in them. We're just now starting to receive "chipped" credit cards.

passports covers block any problems...

What a waste of money. Chips don't work like that. There is no need to shield them. They don't emit anything. To the OP your cards did not get compromised because of some chip that is on them.

The only thing the protectors do is make some guy who thought he could convince some people that they were needed a bunch of money.

Some chips don't emit anything, but some DO emit RFID signals......they're the cards that come with the little wave symbol and can be used for tap-and-pay. They are very, very common here - 3 of my 4 credit cards plus my VISA debit card have them. They are easy to identify

contactlessindicator.jpg

And the are a security risk.....a low risk, but no lower, IMO, than having your card cloned at a machine.

Edited by calliopecruiser
trying to get the photo right

Saddleback Leather Company makes beautiful wallets that are RFID protected. And the wallets are guarenteed for 100 years. A couple of year ago we bought these wallets for ourselves and our kids. We all love them.

passports covers block any problems...

Wrong.

Only if they are designed to be RFID shielding.

I have a beautiful leather passport wallet that does zilch - because it takes a metallic component to block the RFID frequencies.

Thanks everyone. More locations to check out...being a gal, I'm being picky and choosy. ..trying to find a "wallet " that will hold my check book as well...then I look at how I purchase items, hmmmm do I realllly need my check book.

Wrong.

Only if they are designed to be RFID shielding.

I have a beautiful leather passport wallet that does zilch - because it takes a metallic component to block the RFID frequencies.

PP was referring to the cover of the passport, not some wallet.