Hop on Hop off San Francisco

There are several San Francisco HOHO Bus Companies. A quick search will provide excellent info on each including detailed tour route maps clearly showing stops, schedule, prices, etc. For us - Big Bus works best - but there are several HOHO options.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I'm going to give it a try -

I've tried searching "hop on hop off" San Francisco. And I find The Big Bus.

I did find a site that says "Hop on - Hop off" Bus Tours, but honestly, it looks the same as the Big Bus one. But seems to also include some walking tours at a few of the stops.

Are these the two different ones?

Any opinions as to one over the other?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there public transportation to Muir Woods from San Francisco port area?

Been searching internet but not finding anything. I checked out the HOHO bus but Muir Woods is not a stop. Lots of tours going to Muir Woods but I want more time there. Most of the excursions spend about 1 1/2 hrs there because its combined with other destination.

Any information is appreciated.

try looking at golden gate transit...it ties in with the SF muni..at golden gate bridge. but I don't know if it goes there.

I would take an uber or lift car and maybe order a taxi to pick you up... I also recommend going there at 8 am..nice and quiet..and a good cafe.

Last year, we did the HOHO bus in the city, even though it is in our own backyard. We learned so much that we would consider doing it again. When we went, it was raining (something that is very rare around here) so people were staying on / riding the bus just to get out of the weather. It would have proven to be an excellent tour but think a lot of people didn't really even have tickets and were hopping on anyway...so it was crowded and noisy....There were also a lot of ugly tourists... some trying to talk over the tour guide and throwing trash all over the place....yuk...rude people trying to ruin it for others. But I wouldn't be discouraged from trying it again. You can look on discount sites for 1/2 price deals ... so worth it for us that we knew we would use it in the allotted time frame.

Although it did not travel out to the Presidio, it did a roundtrip tour around the city. Well worth the price...just wish we'd have gone when it wasn't so crowded.

Last year, we did the HOHO bus in the city, even though it is in our own backyard. We learned so much that we would consider doing it again. When we went, it was raining (something that is very rare around here) so people were staying on / riding the bus just to get out of the weather. It would have proven to be an excellent tour but think a lot of people didn't really even have tickets and were hopping on anyway...so it was crowded and noisy....There were also a lot of ugly tourists... some trying to talk over the tour guide and throwing trash all over the place....yuk...rude people trying to ruin it for others. But I wouldn't be discouraged from trying it again. You can look on discount sites for 1/2 price deals ... so worth it for us that we knew we would use it in the allotted time frame.

Although it did not travel out to the Presidio, it did a roundtrip tour around the city. Well worth the price...just wish we'd have gone when it wasn't so crowded.

Interested in the big bus, where would we find the 1/2 price site should I just google it????

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone done this through Princess in San Francisco? Does it stop at the Presidio? The description is not entirely clear.

We did this in another city thru the cruise line and it was nice. You had the bus to yourself for the first circuit, they didn't stop and pick up anyone. You could get off if you wanted to or stay for the tour and then get off on the next circuit, when it was open to the public.

We did this in another city thru the cruise line and it was nice. You had the bus to yourself for the first circuit, they didn't stop and pick up anyone. You could get off if you wanted to or stay for the tour and then get off on the next circuit, when it was open to the public.

The busses all do the same circuit. You have to watch as they all charge different prices. We used big bus when we were there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk