disney wonder?

dancinangl55

Husband just called from work and said "By the way I booked us a 3 day cruise on the Wonder, you have 1 1/2 days to get us packed to go. Before he hung up th ephone I had our birth certificates in my hands, by the time he got home for lunch I had everything packed accept out last minute toiletry items!!!

I'm ready, now I have to wait another 1 1/2 days! Aahhhhh!!!

I guess I'll live through it.

Sorry I didnt know sooner so I could get to know those of you who are sailing too. I will be wearing a short sleeve white shirt with either pictures of chip and dale or donald duck on it. I have brown hair that coveres my shoulders, gold wire rim glasses, average build and I'm 50 ish!! My DH is 6 foot tall, short grey hair, gold wire rim glasses and he always wears a billed cap, usually says castaway cay on it. Same age. If you see us, please stop us and say HI, my name is Kathy and his is Greg. We would love to say Howdy to everyone.

Hope to see you there,

mom x4,grandma x4

Kathy

Husband just called from work and said "By the way I booked us a 3 day cruise on the Wonder, you have 1 1/2 days to get us packed to go. Before he hung up th ephone I had our birth certificates in my hands, by the time he got home for lunch I had everything packed accept out last minute toiletry items!!!

I'm ready, now I have to wait another 1 1/2 days! Aahhhhh!!!

I guess I'll live through it.

Sorry I didnt know sooner so I could get to know those of you who are sailing too. I will be wearing a short sleeve white shirt with either pictures of chip and dale or donald duck on it. I have brown hair that coveres my shoulders, gold wire rim glasses, average build and I'm 50 ish!! My DH is 6 foot tall, short grey hair, gold wire rim glasses and he always wears a billed cap, usually says castaway cay on it. Same age. If you see us, please stop us and say HI, my name is Kathy and his is Greg. We would love to say Howdy to everyone.

Hope to see you there,

mom x4,grandma x4

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I'm glad to hear you got such a nice last minute surprise.

My name is Ken and my wife's name is Schley (pronounced Shelly). Below is a picture link of the two of us from our last cruise, though we will have our son with us this time. Hopefully this will make us easier to spot on board...

http://www.kennydrew.com/miracle/m6.jpg

We will keep an eye out for you and Greg, and make sure to say hello as well!

~ Ken

Kathy,

My wife and I wanted to tell you that it was very nice meeting you and Greg, aboard the Disney Wonder. We had a great time on the cruise, and enjoyed being able to talk with a happy couple, such as yourselves. :)

Who knows, we might just see you around one of the Disney parks too!

~ Ken

Ken,

We enjoyed meeting you and your family too.

We looked for you that last evening to say goodbye, but never connected.

WE spent a good deal of our time in the promenade lounge since we knew the performers in there from the last time we cruised on the Wonder. They remembered us and played lots of our favorite songs, and they introduced us to some of the other band members on board, so it seemed we were always running into performers and sitting and chatting for an hour or more. It was awesome to have all our requests played and to have them call us by name. WE felt like family instead of guests on board.

I hope you had a very magical cruise. I hope you son had a great time, I wanted to ask him what his favorite part of the cruise was, but we didnt get to see you at the end.

We are at Disney all the time on the weekends, so if you ever see us, please say howdy, we will remember you.

Kathy and Greg

Kathy,

Thanks for your great reply. The last night we did the early "Disney Dreams" show, a game show in Studio Sea, dinner, and some shopping before getting things packed up. I guess we just walked right by each other a few times and didn't know it.

Our son Marcus, liked everything...he says. We were bumped up to an outside cabin, so he enjoyed the window view from time to time too. He says he really liked the shows and dinner too. He is still wearing his kid's club arm band as of today (10-11), if that is any indication of what he felt about the cruise. :)

Schley and I noticed that the Captain and officers seemed really accessible on DCL. They always seemed to be walking around, and greeting people, which made for more of a family feel we thought. The fireworks were a nice touch too. I guess if you like cruising and Disney theme parks / movies / etc.. you really can't go wrong with DCL.

Thanks again for your hospitality (or is that just part of the Disney charm?) and we will look for you at the parks!

Ken & Schley

Hi Ken,

Your right that the Captain and officers are out and about lot. When your a repeat guest they have a cocktail party with the captain and officers. It is for the entire family with lots of good snacks. You can talk with all of them, do pictures or have them sign a picture or what ever you have if you want. It's just an extra perk of being a repeat guest, as well as a gift in your room. WE are so happy Marcus like the cruise too. Our grandson kept his wrist band on for about 4 months til it fell apart. All his teachers thought it was a ID from the hospital and were concerned until they found out what it was. He swore not to take it off until he could go again. It didnt quite make it as he is going in December with us and the band gave out a year ago.

See you around the parks!

kathy

Archived