What is the least number of days that has gotten you into the Most Traveled Lunch?

PunkiC

You certainly must cruise on trips where the normal Platinum & Elites don't travel with a number that low.

sorry! i was mistaken, i dont know what i was thinking but i just looked at my profile and i had 87 days the first time i was invited to mtp cocktail party on golden it was 2005. maybe the number top 40 was stuck in my head. i do remember the hostess making me feel kind of crappy basically going out of her way to tell me i would normally not be included but there were not enough elites on the cruise - i was traveling alone and was younger - felt a little "shunned " at that party lol

..... i do remember the hostess making me feel kind of crappy basically going out of her way to tell me i would normally not be included but there were not enough elites on the cruise - i was traveling alone and was younger - felt a little "shunned " at that party lol

That sure showed a lot of class:mad:....I hope the hostess had a short career with Princess!

sorry! i was mistaken, i dont know what i was thinking but i just looked at my profile and i had 87 days the first time i was invited to mtp cocktail party on golden it was 2005. maybe the number top 40 was stuck in my head. i do remember the hostess making me feel kind of crappy basically going out of her way to tell me i would normally not be included but there were not enough elites on the cruise - i was traveling alone and was younger - felt a little "shunned " at that party lol

Even 87 days is unusually low for any cruise.

We once missed out on a lunch buy only 1 day. Whaddaya gonna do? :cool: Make some, miss some. Just when I think we have sufficient days to make any lunch I read about numbers like what was posted last winter from the Emerald. All in the mid 400's to mid 500's. :(

Even 87 days is unusually low for any cruise.

We once missed out on a lunch buy only 1 day. Whaddaya gonna do? :cool: Make some, miss some. Just when I think we have sufficient days to make any lunch I read about numbers like what was posted last winter from the Emerald. All in the mid 400's to mid 500's. :(

On the first leg of the South America Grand cruise; January 2013, the cutoff was 693. This was a 49 day cruise with 3 legs; 19 - 13- 17. The cutoff numbers just kept growing since everyone from the first cruised stayed on.

• 2 months later...

Went to our first most traveled event last month on the Sun 13 day to New Zealand, we only had 247 days. Very thrilled to go but know it will be awhile before we are invited again, as we have TA's for 2015. Maybe on a short Mex or an Alaska one? We have a 3 day one coming up, but they dont have them on these quickie cruises.

Wow, it looks like we're the winner ... so far.

I thought our 76 days was pretty low,

That's what we had for "what is the least amount of days at sea" for an invitation to the private party (cocktail/lunch). This was on an Alaskan cruise where we were only Platinum at the time.

At least we got a free photo with the Captain of the Island Princess! And interesting conversation with the Hotel Manager who talked about the new auto-tip system that was just then going into effect.

Went to our first most traveled event last month on the Sun 13 day to New Zealand, we only had 247 days. Very thrilled to go but know it will be awhile before we are invited again, as we have TA's for 2015. Maybe on a short Mex or an Alaska one? We have a 3 day one coming up, but they dont have them on these quickie cruises.

Not sure what they do on a 3 day but on a 4 day they handed out coupons for a meal in Sabatini's which we thought was pretty good for a change. At least it's better than a cocktail party.

People are cruising longer & longer lately especially on the new ships. They think nothing of doing 30 or 40 days at a time Each 10 day trips). At that rate I doubt we'll be making it to many lunches unless we decide to take all 3, 4 & 5 day trips which seem to be a newbies.
Short cruises will help people get to the next Captain's Circle level, but won't do a thing for the "most travelled" private Lunch/Cocktail party, which is based on number of days at sea.

The only time we were invited was in 07 on the Crown to Canada/NE our 17th cruise with 174 days. Since we only do one a year on Princess I have fallen behind those who so a half dozen times or more a year. Been sailing Princess since 90.:o

Ruby Princess, 5/3/15, Constellation, 2/21/15-3/7/15, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess 23 cruises, 221 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 570 points

Short cruises will help people get to the next Captain's Circle level, but won't do a thing for the "most travelled" private Lunch/Cocktail party, which is based on number of days at sea.

Very true.....I was thinking in terms of ourselves making the lunch on the short cruises since many of the people with high number of days don't usually book 5 day trips.

On the first leg of the South America Grand cruise; January 2013, the cutoff was 693. This was a 49 day cruise with 3 legs; 19 - 13- 17. The cutoff numbers just kept growing since everyone from the first cruised stayed on.

Hahaha, EXACTLY... I usually go ask the next day after we leave what the cutoff is and was shocked when it was 500 on 1 and about 800 on another.

I get cruising is fun, but I've found 3 weeks at a time is my personal limit to when I am ready to leave (as I'm sure some of the crew want me to leave too, lol)

But recently (maybe the low pricing?) some people are staying on the same ships for 1-4 months....

We attended our first one on the 13th of this month on the Pacific Princess in Tahiti. We had 205 days and the cutoff for the luncheon was...205 days. There was another couple with the same number of days as us. There were only 43 elites on the cruise. The previous cruise only had 11 elites and the luncheon was not held, they were given vouchers for one of the speciality restaurants instead.

So, what is the least number of days that has ever gotten you into the most traveled lunch, or cocktail party?

If you wouldn't mind, I would also be curious to know the itinerary.

Thank you! :)

We were on an Alaskan cruise in Sept 2012. I had 45 previous days on Princess and my partner had 23. This cruise was a freebie for us as she had won a recent Princess Captain Circle photo contest. During this cruise we received an invite to the most traveled lunch. The ship's cruise director and doctor sat at our table. The lunch was unexpected, and wonderful!

Mike