Advice Re: Pull Down Beds

crimson moon

Have persuaded DD and SIL and their 4 year old daughter to join us on a cruise, probably on Ventura or Azura, but DD has some concerns about putting her daughter in a pull down bed.

Can anyone advise if the bed guards stretch the length of the bed or would it be better for one of the adults to take the upper bed?

The barrier is about half the length of the bed, but its not only the side which is of concern, there is no head or footboard so it could be possible for a child to wriggle off the ends.

Our daughter was almost four on our first cruise, I was up top.

We took our 5 and 3 year old. Our 5 year old went up top, but 3 YO was on the bottom with a bed rail. This meant my husband went on the other top bunk, but that was the only way I would be happy to do it.

The top bunk has a partial rail at the head end which is fine for adults, and then you can request a bed rail which they attach which makes it pretty much the whole length. We even asked for a bed rail on the bottom for 3 year old. I'll try and attach a picture.

197797859_Cabinphotoazurainside.jpg.ba84f6cf51417e7d12f422e343d340e0.jpg

On our recent Ventura cruise our 8yr old son fell out of the top bunk in the middle of the night. There was a guard at the head end of the bed, but he wriggled out of the foot end.

We phoned reception and within minutes our room was filled with cabin crew who added extra guards.

I would suggest speaking to reception on the first day and ask for additional guards, or even take some yourself.