Miami Hotels...need suggestions cmh

Check the Port of Call boards, specifically the Florida Departure Ports, Miami. You will find a lot of information about hotels, as well as other great information.

I always look at Tripadvisor to get user comments. Then I also check stay123 dot com to see who has park-stay-cruise packages.

We just stayed at the Intercontinental in May before we boarded the BREEZE. Fantastic hotel, great location, wonderful views of the bay, an eight minute walk to Bayside (yep, I timed it), safe, and only a few minutes cab ride to the ship.

I am taking a cruise out of Miami in May of 2015 on the Carnival Breeze and I am curious about hotels. I have never been to Miami and I am wondering what hotels would previous cruisers suggest and why?

Cindy

We haven't never been in Miami, but after research, we booked a room from Holiday Inn Miami Downtown which is located next to the Bayside Marketplace & port of Miami for our next trip.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=Arctic Ace&date=9-27-2014&text=&ship=Carnival Glory

Edited by Arctic Ace

I've stayed at the Clay Hotel in South Beach several times never had any problems the price should be good during May. If you do stay at the Clay Hotel when you make the reservation make sure you tell them you want your room to be in the main building and do not get the budget room get the standard room or better.

Gary

We haven't never been in Miami, but after research, we booked a room from Holiday Inn Miami Downtown which is located next to the Bayside Marketplace & port of Miami for our next trip.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=Arctic Ace&date=9-27-2014&text=&ship=Carnival Glory

We too booked with Holiday inn across from the Marketplace and down the road from the Arena...Right across from the port from where we could see stacks from ships...There was a charge to park though...But I think they all charge parking for the night being that it is tight for parking downtown. On day of cruise, it took us 5 minutes to ride across the bridge to the port. There was a CVS 2 blocks away plus the place had a decent bar and restaurant.

I se you are from Utah. We are from Oregon. We flew in the day before and from Portland the only flight didn't get in until 10:00, which was delayed an hour so 11:00. I booked one near the airport because I just wanted somewhere to sleep. Plus, free shuttle. ;). We got up the next morning and caught a taxi to the ship. With tip I think it was around $35. The ones around bayside and nearer the cruise terminal were more expensive. I can't remember which one we stayed at :p but it was a country inn or something like that.

Edited by kona_wahine

Depending on what time you're getting in, you may want to be closer to the airport. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport West, and Hampton Inn and Suites Blue Lagoon. Both places very nice.

In October I'm staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites Brickell - Downtown. I know people that have stayed here and they said it's great. You can catch the Metrorail from MIA to one block from the hotel for $2. Plus there is a lot of stuff down there and the Metromover is free to get to different places.

Last cruise we stayed at the Hotel Intercontinental. We really liked the freedom to walk along the ocean, and there's a shopping area (sorry, don't remember the name within walking distance with plenty of dining choices too. Also, they have a mass-transit system is right there if you want to go other places and use public transportation. We used a cab to get to the port. Quick and painless, and from what I remember not too costly.

We found the Red Roof Inn near the airport, had both an airport shuttle as well as a port shuttle. It is one of the newly renovated ones. They will do more than 1 port shuttle if needed.

--Lisa

Intercontinental

Last summer it was easy to get a bottom of the barrel rate on the mystery hotel site by closely paying attention to the hotel description. I think I paid something like $81 for a water view room up pretty high.

Intercontinental

Last summer it was easy to get a bottom of the barrel rate on the mystery hotel site by closely paying attention to the hotel description. I think I paid something like $81 for a water view room up pretty high.

That's exactly what we did too, but in August our rate was $91.00 plus taxes, but for the quality of that hotel it was way worth it.

Right-mine was the last week of August too last year. I just wrote down the Hotel amenities and the mystery hotel had the EXACT same amenities-so I was pretty sure it was the Intercontinental. Of course, there could be a Convention or something that might escalate the price

Right-mine was the last week of August too last year. I just wrote down the Hotel amenities and the mystery hotel had the EXACT same amenities-so I was pretty sure it was the Intercontinental. Of course, there could be a Convention or something that might escalate the price

Funny! That's how I was fairly confident which hotel it was going to be too! GMTA!

Edited by Rh2458

I love staying at the Intercontinental, or The Conrad. Both are fabulous! They are both in good areas and close to food, shopping, and bars. The Intercontinental is across from Bayside Marina- lots of shopping, food and entertainment. We took a tour on The Island Cruise. You buy your tickets and board at Bayside. I love Carnival Breeze! Beautiful, fun ship.

Go to Last Minute Travel and try and get the Intercontinental. It is MUCH nicer and you can probably get it for less than the Holiday Inn. That Holiday Inn is way overpriced.

We, too, will be Miami Virgins when we touch down next April....have taken on board suggestions re the Intercontinental and will look at booking there.

Can someone advise the standard Easter trading for the US...we arrive on Easter Saturday and set sail Easter Monday...would like to know that we will find some stores open particularly at Bayside in our one full day in Miami.

Edited by Seababy62

We, too, will be Miami Virgins when we touch down next April....have taken on board suggestions re the Intercontinental and will look at booking there.

Can someone advise the standard Easter trading for the US...we arrive on Easter Saturday and set sail Easter Monday...would like to know that we will find some stores open particularly at Bayside in our one full day in Miami.

Most stores and restaurants will be open on Easter.

I booked JW Marriott Brikell Ave Miami today through LMTClub after reading about LMTClub on cruise critic. I Paid $173 through LMTClub and the rate through JW Marriott on their site was over $400- for same room. Bargain!