Transfer from LaGuardia to Manhattan Cruise Terminal

Kiwi935

Flying from Boston to LGA on Delta Shuttle. Is a taxi best option to get to cruise terminal? What would be cost (including tolls, tips) for 2 people? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you

Either take a taxi, or book a car service such as

Dial 7 http://www.dial7.com

Carmel http://www.carmellimo.com

Fare should be about $35-40. Tolls can be avoided by taking the Queensboro Ed Koch Bridge (59th St. Bridge). Figure about 15-20% tip.

Car service fare will be fixed when you make your reservation. Taxi fares are metered so will vary based on exact mileage and waiting time in traffic. Often car service vehicles are a little nicer than taxis.

Sadly, TA said there was no difference if coming into JFK.

What suggestions, & cost info does anyone have. There are no shuttles from ship to port. Also, is that the only port? we will be on NCL/Canada-New England, October 5, 2013. Then 3 days in NY (never been) have not booked hotel yet....Thanks in advance for advice and suggestions on any and all questions :o

What suggestions, & cost info does anyone have. There are no shuttles from ship to port. Also, is that the only port? we will be on NCL/Canada-New England, October 5, 2013. Then 3 days in NY (never been) have not booked hotel yet....Thanks in advance for advice and suggestions on any and all questions :o

NCL only uses the West Side pier.

Not sure what you're saying: "sadly there was no difference"? Difference of what? "No shuttles from ship to port"?

May I suggest you post your questions on the East Coast Departures board. This subforum is about the Norwegian Breakaway anyway...I suspect you're cruising on the Gem...but in any event ask the precise questions you have on East Coast Departures.

As already noted all NCL ships use the Manhattan Cruise Terminal .

Not sure what you're saying: "sadly there was no difference"? Difference of what? "No shuttles from ship to port"?

May I suggest you post your questions on the East Coast Departures board. This subforum is about the Norwegian Breakaway anyway...I suspect you're cruising on the Gem...but in any event ask the precise questions you have on East Coast Departures.

As already noted all NCL ships use the Manhattan Cruise Terminal .

I did mean to say airport to cruise port. I just happened to see this in links.

I will look for the link you suggest.

the difference I was referring to was between flying into JFK or LaGuardia.

and just to be clear the link just says transfers and not specifically about the Breakaway. Hope everyone has a great cruise.

CC has always offered wonderful advice and suggestions in a friendly and helpful way......

I did mean to say airport to cruise port. I just happened to see this in links.

I will look for the link you suggest.

the difference I was referring to was between flying into JFK or LaGuardia.

and just to be clear the link just says transfers and not specifically about the Breakaway. Hope everyone has a great cruise.

CC has always offered wonderful advice and suggestions in a friendly and helpful way......

No the title of the original post refers to transfers, but it's posted (also inappropriately) on the " Norwegian Breakaway - The Final Countdown" sub forum of the NCL board.

When you get to the East Coast Departures board, you'll see that I am among a number of people that answer posters questions on a daily basis, but it's necessary to know what the question is in order to answer it.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do people have to be rude? Is it just because you are hidden behind a computer you can be rude and offensive.

Politeness and civility goes a long way in the real world.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Archived