Underwater camera with WiFi

It sounds like the Olympus is awesome but any reviews of the fijifilm 120? Obviously not going to be as good as the Olympus but we're not camera smart and we're pretty much point and shoot users. It's on sale at Costco for $150.

Is the Olympus a good everything camera? I forget what camera we have but I refer to it as a baby DSLR for size. Think it's a Nikon and it's only a bit chunkier than most point and shoots but then you can add longer lenses if you want. Could the Olympus replace both the underwater and our other camera for quality? For casual users that don't know much about cameras that is.

• 1 month later...
I absolutely love Olympus Touch cameras. I would agree with others on the TG4. (I have 2 of the Tough 620's, 1 of the 830 and the TG4). They take amazing pictures both above and below the water. (I do all of my reviews with these cameras and most people rave about the awesome pictures). :)

I do have to say that the actual macro function of the TG4 is AMAZING! Nothing like the "fake" macro function on my 620 or 830...which to me isn't a true macro IMO.

PB182327%20copy-L.jpg

If you want to check out any of my other pictures, look at some of my reviews in my signature line. They were basically all taken with the Olympus.

For the TG 4, look at my Epic review. That entire cruise was done with the TG4...including the snorkeling and scuba pictures. :)

I've been using the older Olympus TG-860 that has the flip LCD screen and really like it. I'm thinking about getting the newer Olympus model but notice that it doesn't have the flip screen anymore. Are you still able to take selfies with the TG 4 (or 5)? I looked at their online manual, but wasn't able to figure out how, or if, it was possible.

Thanks!

Rosemary

I've been using the older Olympus TG-860 that has the flip LCD screen and really like it. I'm thinking about getting the newer Olympus model but notice that it doesn't have the flip screen anymore. Are you still able to take selfies with the TG 4 (or 5)? I looked at their online manual, but wasn't able to figure out how, or if, it was possible.

Thanks!

Rosemary

My selfies consist of turning it around, pointing at myself and snapping the picture...then check the screen to make sure it's all good (and usually is). :p Sorry, the TG 4 does not have a flip screen. I'm not sure about the 5, but if you have looked at the manuals online and if it doesn't mention it, I would assume it doesn't either. :)

My selfies consist of turning it around, pointing at myself and snapping the picture...then check the screen to make sure it's all good (and usually is). :p Sorry, the TG 4 does not have a flip screen. I'm not sure about the 5, but if you have looked at the manuals online and if it doesn't mention it, I would assume it doesn't either. :)

Thanks for your response. I guess I'll get used to turning it around and taking the picture blindly. My poor husband just might not be too thrilled with my learning curve. :D

• 2 weeks later...

After reading these posts I decided to purchase the Olympus TG-5 since the TG-4 has been discontinued. I'm curious if anyone has used the TG-5 yet and if there is any concern about the drop from 16MP to 12MP to gain better low-light capabilities? If not, I'll have a chance to try it out next week in Bermuda.

After reading these posts I decided to purchase the Olympus TG-5 since the TG-4 has been discontinued. I'm curious if anyone has used the TG-5 yet and if there is any concern about the drop from 16MP to 12MP to gain better low-light capabilities? If not, I'll have a chance to try it out next week in Bermuda.

I ended up getting the TG-5 and totally forgot about the drop to 12 MP until you just mentioned it. So far, I'm happy with my purchase. Have fun in Bermuda, I was there last month and loved it so much that I already have plans on returning next year.

• 1 month later...
GoPro cameras are great for photos, although everyone thinks they are only suitable for video. Using the standard housing, you can shoot to a depth of 40m.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I use a Hero 5 with Karma Grip and camera only will go to 30m, yes I agree with you, they are wrong about not being suitable for photos as I get quite good ones and also incredible screen shots off my video clips in 2.7K. I find the video side of GoPro more exiting than photos anyway.

Another vote for the Olympus Tough. My son has 2 go pros which he likes, but I just like having the versatility of the point and shoot options on the Olympus. Great photos for the beach, while kayaking, or just to stick in my purse or pocket on a cruise. I bought the Tough 870 as it was a bit cheaper and had a wider angle. I am very happy with it. It doesn't shoot raw, but for that kind of photography, I use my Nikon DSLR.

• 3 weeks later...
I just bought the Fuji XP120 and it takes great pics for the price I paid $150 at Sams. Read great reviews online about the underwater pics it takes and cannot wait to use it in 3 weeks on our Thanksgiving cruise.

I just got back last Night from a cruise to the Caribbean. Are used my Fuji also when we went when I went snorkeling. Pictures were stunning. Can’t wait to use it again in June. Also, princes cruises actually would print my pictures while I was on board. Only charged me $.15 per picture. I didn’t know they would do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums