Houston tour and transportation to airport

publicpersona

We will be getting off Royal Caribbean Liberty on Sep 24 and our flight out of HOU is not until early evening. Usually, the cruise line has a "shore excursion" which is nominally a city tour but the main purpose of it is to 1) eventually get you and your luggage to the airport, and 2) give you something better to do than sit at the airport for half a day.

No such option is offered, it appears, and it isn't Harvey related as I checked for this several weeks ago as well.

Has anyone done such a "tour" out of Galveston? Or is it the case that there simply isn't that much to see riding around the area, so they just aren't offered. I'm about to book our ground transportation and want to make sure such is not an option.

We will be getting off Royal Caribbean Liberty on Sep 24 and our flight out of HOU is not until early evening. Usually, the cruise line has a "shore excursion" which is nominally a city tour but the main purpose of it is to 1) eventually get you and your luggage to the airport, and 2) give you something better to do than sit at the airport for half a day.

No such option is offered, it appears, and it isn't Harvey related as I checked for this several weeks ago as well.

Has anyone done such a "tour" out of Galveston? Or is it the case that there simply isn't that much to see riding around the area, so they just aren't offered. I'm about to book our ground transportation and want to make sure such is not an option.

Originally posted by Reisdawg
Our flight home just got moved to 7:30 PM after our cruise and I wanted to get suggestions on what to do that day. We will have our luggage and were planning on leaving the ship as late as possible when our flight was at 5 PM. Now we are thinking of finding something to do in town but we will more than likely have our luggage. Currently we were planning on taking an Uber to the airport because we are a family of four with two teenagers.

Anything fun to do for a few hours and what would you do with your luggage?

In Galveston there is temp luggage storage on 25th and Strand at parking center .

Many museums and things to do . For a few easy things to do:

Bryan Museum

Galvestonhistory.org

Galveston.com

Railroad Museum

Submarine

..... and destroyer museum

Tall ship Elissa

Maritime Museums with

... 3 short historical films

Oil industry and drilling rig ....museum

Bishops Palace

Moody Mansion

Old Town Strand

1894 Grand Opera House

Carved trees from Hurricane IKE

Moody Gardens

Half way to Houston is NASA and Kemah .

Originally posted by Reisdawg Our flight home just got moved to 7:30 PM after our cruise and I wanted to get suggestions on what to do that day. We will have our luggage and were planning on leaving the ship as late as possible when our flight was at 5 PM. Now we are thinking of finding something to do in town but we will more than likely have our luggage. Currently we were planning on taking an Uber to the airport because we are a family of four with two teenagers.

Anything fun to do for a few hours and what would you do with your luggage?

In Galveston there is temp luggage storage on 25th and Strand at parking center .

Many museums and things to do . For a few easy things to do:

Bryan Museum

Galvestonhistory.org

Galveston.com

Railroad Museum

Submarine

..... and destroyer museum

Tall ship Elissa

Maritime Museums with

... 3 short historical films

Oil industry and drilling rig ....museum

Bishops Palace