laptop safe in cabin?

bbcruiser

Hi,

We are considering bringing our laptop to download our pictures so we don't run out of space on the our digital camera card. Has anyone brought theirs on board? Is it safe in the cabin while we're out? Will a laptop fit in the safe? If it isn't safe, can the purser store the laptop somewhere for us while we're in port? Just wondering.... If it's too risky, we'll probably just buy a few more cards for our camera.

Hi,

We are considering bringing our laptop to download our pictures so we don't run out of space on the our digital camera card. Has anyone brought theirs on board? Is it safe in the cabin while we're out? Will a laptop fit in the safe? If it isn't safe, can the purser store the laptop somewhere for us while we're in port? Just wondering.... If it's too risky, we'll probably just buy a few more cards for our camera.

we sailed the dawn on july 25th and my husband brought the laptop for the very reason you stated. he is a photographer and he knew he would be taking a lot of photos (it also came in handy playing DVD's for my toddler!!). but no, you cannot put it in the safe. the safe is very small, you can only put your money and jewerly in there but we left ours out and we didnt' have a problem. so i think you will be fine. you could always try to "hide" it, but i don't think you will run into a problem.

good luck

gina

I've never had a problem with any type of electronic equipment in the past, but would recommend buying a laptop lock (a cable lock that fits into a port on your computer and then can be secured to a piece of furniture) if you are concerned. I've also brought a cable bike lock to secure my hardsided suitcase to the bed, and then secured my larger valuables in the locked suitcase itself. That's another option if you are concerned.

There's always that chance that something could happen, of course. But we've brought our laptops, cameras and electronic stuff and never had anything happen to it. Never locked it up. Just put it away in the case when we weren't using it. Also left our cameras and cell phones charging on the desk at different times.:)

There's always that chance that something could happen, of course. But we've brought our laptops, cameras and electronic stuff and never had anything happen to it. Never locked it up. Just put it away in the case when we weren't using it. Also left our cameras and cell phones charging on the desk at different times.:)

We have never brought our laptop on a cruise, but, like the post above, we have left video camera, digital camera, 35 mm camera's out in plain sight and never had a problem. This experience applies not only to NCL, but to other Cruise lines as well.

I was on a cruise once, some of the workers stole from a cabin. Jewerlry and money. They searhed all the employees rooms til they found it.

I would take one of those things where you can chain it down. They only cost about 10.00. You glue a metal things on your equipment. Then it comes with a cable and lock. I would lock this down to the bed or some other object.

Kinda like a bike lock down

Archived