Wine Prices on NCL

Iluvmypuggle

I know that if you want to bring a bottle of wine on NCL, you just pay the $15 corkage fee. But can you buy wine by the bottle at any of the restaurants on the ship? If so, what prices do bottles start at? Is there anywhere else you can get a bottle of wine to consume on the ship, like if you want to sit and drink wine on your balcony?

I typically drink about $10/bottle wines so I'm wondering if it's worth it to bring cheap wine & pay $15 "corkage" or if purchasing the wine onboard is a better idea.

I'm sailing on the Dawn in May if that helps. Thanks!

Our last cruise I would typically get a house Merlot for around $21-$22 per bottle. I like it. We also order the $79 Romance package and well, which includes a bottle of wine included with dinner at Le Bistro, as well as other things.

Yesterday my GF preorder several bottles of wine for the room which I believe that you can take to the resturant. The price of the bottle was about $33-36 each which was $2-3 than the last price list which I believe was last posted, 2008 price list. I do not believe that there is anything cheaper than that. We did not want to haul wine with us since we are Amtraking to Albany spending the night there then to New York

I was on NCL cruises in January and December. In December, there were plenty of (decent) bottles in the low $20 range, which was an improvement over January when there were just a few. Markup on wine is at or below the average of most restaurants that I go to.

Yesterday my GF preorder several bottles of wine for the room which I believe that you can take to the resturant.

Do you know where your GF pre-ordered the wine? I checked under Bon Voyage gifts on NCL's website, but I didn't see any individual bottles of wine..

Thanks for everyone's responses.. One of the posters mentioned the Romance Package and it seems like a pretty good deal.

I know that if you want to bring a bottle of wine on NCL, you just pay the $15 corkage fee. But can you buy wine by the bottle at any of the restaurants on the ship? If so, what prices do bottles start at? Is there anywhere else you can get a bottle of wine to consume on the ship, like if you want to sit and drink wine on your balcony?

I typically drink about $10/bottle wines so I'm wondering if it's worth it to bring cheap wine & pay $15 "corkage" or if purchasing the wine onboard is a better idea.

I'm sailing on the Dawn in May if that helps. Thanks!

Yes you can order wine in the restaurants...whether you can get one "to go", I am not sure. I would do a search on this site and see if you can look at the wine list. That would be the best way to determine whether you want to bring your own or buy on board. The $10 bottle that you usually drink is probably on the list for $30. :rolleyes: But do check it out.

The wine list was changing in Jan so we were told on our early Jan cruise.

Cheapest was $25 once you add the 15%.

You can get from any bar or restaurant all though some of the bars will not have the full list available at the bar.

You can take it with you to drink anywhere on the ship(might be they are not keen on you taking it into the kids clubs).

Pre orders are done using the bar setup.

Does anyone know about the wine packages? I remember doing a wine package deal on the Sun in 2002--it was something like buy 6 bottles get 1 free. We are sailing on the Spirit next month and I would love to do that again--it was a great deal!

Does anyone know about the wine packages? I remember doing a wine package deal on the Sun in 2002--it was something like buy 6 bottles get 1 free. We are sailing on the Spirit next month and I would love to do that again--it was a great deal!

Good question. We'd be interested in the wine package also. We sail March 8.

Do you know where your GF pre-ordered the wine? I checked under Bon Voyage gifts on NCL's website, but I didn't see any individual bottles of wine..

Thanks for everyone's responses.. One of the posters mentioned the Romance Package and it seems like a pretty good deal.

We ordered from a 2007 NCL wine list, called Passenger Coutesy Department, 1-800-327-7030

option 3, ordered our wine, the romance package and a bottle of gin. With in 5 minutes after paying with a credit card, we had a e mail confirmation with our order along with confirmation of a $100 OBC which we printed out and will taking with us

We ordered from a 2007 NCL wine list, called Passenger Courtesy Department, 1-800-327-7030

option 3, ordered our wine, the romance package and a bottle of gin. With in 5 minutes after paying with a credit card, we had a e mail confirmation with our order along with confirmation of a $100 OBC which we printed out and will taking with us

I wonder if they take orders from passengers who booked the cruise through a travel agent.

On the Dream last year....they had a package. It was a free bottle after buying either five or six (can't remember). We had to save our receipts and then turn them over when ordering our free wine (based upon the average amount spent per bottle). Decent deal!

I wonder if they take orders from passengers who booked the cruise through a travel agent.

Yes, I ordered a couple weeks ago for our cruise out of Barcelona next week. Can't remember the exact email address. You might try a search for bar set-up.

For the OP- if you can easily bring wine (in your carry-on), you will probably be better off (financially) doing so and paying the corkage fee. However, make sure you tell them (at security) that you intend to pay the fee or they might confiscate it (they do return it to you at the end of the cruise). Also, I thought I read somewhere that you were limited as to how many bottles you could bring- but of course I can't find that now LOL.

Also, if you order a bottle of wine in the restaurant and don't finish it, you have the option of taking it back to your cabin or having the crew save it for you. We never tried to buy a bottle at a bar (to take the full one back to the cabin), but I imagine it's possible. Don't forget to pack a corkscrew!

Does anyone have recent experiences with any wine packages on the Spirit? We were on the Majesty in November and the package (at that time) was that you received a 10% reduction in price if you ordered 6 bottles of wine on the day of sailing. In past years (and on other NCL ships), we've had different packages (as several have already posted).

Has the wine package progam changed fleet wide? Or does it vary by ship and by sailing?

iluv ~ Email groupeventdawn@ncl.com (bar setup email) Ask for a current wine list for ordering. This is a different list than what's available on the ship. You will not have to pay 15% tip on whatever you order. There is probably a $3 fee added to each bottle, because that's what they do for booze (can someone confirm?). They'll email you a list, and you email back your order. I'd call them with your cc number or fax it. Bar setups should be done 2 weeks in advance.

The Romance package is a great deal. I'm not sure of EVERYTHING you get, but I do know it's a dinner for 2 and a bottle of wine at Le Bistro, a bottle of champagne in your cabin at embarkation, and some snacks for $79. You'd order that by calling the Bon Voyage dept. You can also print out an order form from the NCL website and fax that in. You can order as many packages as you want. This should be done 3 weeks prior to sailing.

If you opt to order wine onboard, you can do so through a bar/restaurant/room service.

If you forget your wine key, they'll provide whatever you need including ice/glasses. Ask you cabin steward.

Powder ~ You'll take care of your orders either through the bar setup email provided above (with your ship name) or through the Bon Voyage dept. depending on what you want.

I think I've read some posts recently that the "buy a certain amount of wine and get one free" is no longer. Hopefully someone can confirm who's sailed recently.

Like Insidecabin stated, you can do whatever you want with your wine and take it wherever you'd like, or if you only want if for dinner, you can have them store it, even if it's a half bottle. You'll be given a ticket and present it whenever you're ready for it again anywhere on the ship. The storage is centrally located.

As far as how much you can bring onboard, there may technically be a number, but in reality, you can bring on as much as you'd like. PAX have brought on a case or more. We've take on as much as 8.

I believe wine packages are fleet wide. However, watch your Dailies for specials.

The benefit to bringing on your wine or ordering it beforehand is not having to pay the gratuity.

The way to decide whether or not you want to bring it on yourself, is to find out what the prices are of what you'd like to consume. Somewhere someone has posted a picture of a ship's wine list. If that price is substantially more than what you'd buy from home plus the $15 corkage, then bring it. Remember, wine is heavy and it may be worth spending a few dollars more and not breaking your back! :)

iluv ~ Email groupeventdawn@ncl.com (bar setup email) Ask for a current wine list for ordering. This is a different list than what's available on the ship. You will not have to pay 15% tip on whatever you order. There is probably a $3 fee added to each bottle, because that's what they do for booze (can someone confirm?). They'll email you a list, and you email back your order. I'd call them with your cc number or fax it. Bar setups should be done 2 weeks in advance.

The Romance package is a great deal. I'm not sure of EVERYTHING you get, but I do know it's a dinner for 2 and a bottle of wine at Le Bistro, a bottle of champagne in your cabin at embarkation, and some snacks for $79. You'd order that by calling the Bon Voyage dept. You can also print out an order form from the NCL website and fax that in. You can order as many packages as you want. This should be done 3 weeks prior to sailing.

If you opt to order wine onboard, you can do so through a bar/restaurant/room service.

If you forget your wine key, they'll provide whatever you need including ice/glasses. Ask you cabin steward.

Powder ~ You'll take care of your orders either through the bar setup email provided above (with your ship name) or through the Bon Voyage dept. depending on what you want.

I think I've read some posts recently that the "buy a certain amount of wine and get one free" is no longer. Hopefully someone can confirm who's sailed recently.

Like Insidecabin stated, you can do whatever you want with your wine and take it wherever you'd like, or if you only want if for dinner, you can have them store it, even if it's a half bottle. You'll be given a ticket and present it whenever you're ready for it again anywhere on the ship. The storage is centrally located.

As far as how much you can bring onboard, there may technically be a number, but in reality, you can bring on as much as you'd like. PAX have brought on a case or more. We've take on as much as 8.

I believe wine packages are fleet wide. However, watch your Dailies for specials.

The benefit to bringing on your wine or ordering it beforehand is not having to pay the gratuity.

The way to decide whether or not you want to bring it on yourself, is to find out what the prices are of what you'd like to consume. Somewhere someone has posted a picture of a ship's wine list. If that price is substantially more than what you'd buy from home plus the $15 corkage, then bring it. Remember, wine is heavy and it may be worth spending a few dollars more and not breaking your back! :)

Thank you! E-mail sent.

Thank you! E-mail sent.

YQW ~ I don't know when your sail date is, but the groupevent emails are answered in order of sail date. I should have stated to put your sail date in the subject line. No biggie. So if you have to wait awhile for a response, don't fret. But it's OK to email again if there's not been a response in a reasonable amount of time.

YQW ~ I don't know when your sail date is, but the groupevent emails are answered in order of sail date. I should have stated to put your sail date in the subject line. No biggie. So if you have to wait awhile for a response, don't fret. But it's OK to email again if there's not been a response in a reasonable amount of time.

Actually, I included the Spirit, the sail date and reservation # in the subject so I should get a timely reply. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

I realize this is a month late, but I never thanked you for all that great information. And after you spent all that time typing it, I wanted you to know that I did indeed read it and I did actually email group events recently, so I'm currently awaiting their response. Thanks again! Info appreciated.

The corkage fee is only if you have it in the restaurant, not in your cabin, right

The corkage fee applies to any wine you bring on board with you. Per NCL it is $15 for 750ml bottle and $30 for a 1.5L bottle, but if you search on corkage you will find out that this varies widely by ship and crew.

Bruce

Archived