Anyone know about the Kukoo Kunuku Palm Beach Tour (RCCL) ?

Sass4

Last post about this when I just did the search was 2012.

We have been to Aruba twice, love doing the tours, would like a little beach time with chairs to relax in. The 4 hour mark would be good if it left in the morning.

Any ideas of this tour or any other tour?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too did this tour last week. Our experience was a little different compared to the previous poster.

Our driver Jaime/Smooth was very entertaining.The bus ride was a lot of fun with loud music, singing and greeting everyone we passed.

While on the bus we all gave Smooth a coupon for our free chair. This was so Smooth could let Richard know how many chairs we would need at the beach.

This is where the tour experience deteriorated for me. When we arrived at the beach we were led to a very large stack of beach loungers that we were expected to hoist down by ourselves and then find somewhere to put our chair on a very overcrowded section of beach. We were on bus #2. The beach chairs we did get were blue in colour and very filthy. I made a comment to the young helper and his response was that he had complained to the Management about the beach chairs poor condition in the past and the Management chose to do nothing about it. We waited until someone left their cleaner looking yellow chairs and sat on those.

On the way back we passed Eagle beach and the beach looked beautiful, not overly crowded. On Palm Beach, we were packed in like sardines into a very small section of beach belonging to the vendor.

I booked this tour for the convenience, and I am sorry that I did. We did not get our moneys worth.

My 2 cents.

D.

I too did this tour last week. Our experience was a little different compared to the previous poster.

Our driver Jaime/Smooth was very entertaining.The bus ride was a lot of fun with loud music, singing and greeting everyone we passed.

While on the bus we all gave Smooth a coupon for our free chair. This was so Smooth could let Richard know how many chairs we would need at the beach.

This is where the tour experience deteriorated for me. When we arrived at the beach we were led to a very large stack of beach loungers that we were expected to hoist down by ourselves and then find somewhere to put our chair on a very overcrowded section of beach. We were on bus #2. The beach chairs we did get were blue in colour and very filthy. I made a comment to the young helper and his response was that he had complained to the Management about the beach chairs poor condition in the past and the Management chose to do nothing about it. We waited until someone left their cleaner looking yellow chairs and sat on those.

On the way back we passed Eagle beach and the beach looked beautiful, not overly crowded. On Palm Beach, we were packed in like sardines into a very small section of beach belonging to the vendor.

I booked this tour for the convenience, and I am sorry that I did. We did not get our moneys worth.

My 2 cents.

D.

OH! We did have different experiences.

We were on Bus #1 and we did part of the tour first, then to the Beach where loungers (white hard plastic ones, but they were clean) were set up and then continued on to the California Light House.

I understand people had different experiences on this tour, but I am hoping someone can answer a few questions for me.

We are considering this tour for the sites visited. Are there stops at the lighthouse & church for picture ops? Also, we were told there are restaurants and shopping near Palm Beach that some in our party could walk to instead of going to the beach. Is this true?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

I understand people had different experiences on this tour, but I am hoping someone can answer a few questions for me.

We are considering this tour for the sites visited. Are there stops at the lighthouse & church for picture ops? Also, we were told there are restaurants and shopping near Palm Beach that some in our party could walk to instead of going to the beach. Is this true?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yes we stopped at both the lighthouse and the church for pictures.

As for shopping I am not sure if I can answer that. At the beach you are left off at a specific vendor that has a small section of beach and a restaurant (which we did not go into) and washrooms.

Not sure about shopping close by.

The vendor we were brought to is beside the Holiday Inn if that helps you locate shopping opportunities.

D.

• 1 month later...

I'm considering the Kukoo Kunuku tour in Aruba...

For the beach portion, how long are you actually there and are the bathroom facilities clean? Hopefully, there's somewhere to rinse off the sand if we get in the water!

Prefer the tour. At least we get to see some of Aruba before stopping at the beach. I'll have a more complete beach day at one of our other port stops. In the meantime, I need to know about the facilities on the Kukoo Kunuku Palm Beach tour...

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Even though these questions get asked again and again, things change over time. And I'm now following this thread! :)

Thinking of getting a cab out to the light house and then back to do some shopping in that little village like area I think it's near Divi? And hang around Moomba, or Buguloe or anyone that has chairs with beach access.

Not sure if just doing the Kunuku is a better way or not.

And now the more I look it seems like De Palm Island might be the thing to do for the four of us. We stayed at the Marriott Stellaris last year and originally I thought we may be able to just take a cab there and hang out. Seems unlikely though as we will be peak season and the only chairs belong to the hotel.

Narrowing this down if I cant get a Renaissance or Occidental day pass, then DePalm is the way to go.

Your thoughts????

• 2 weeks later...
Bump.

Even though these questions get asked again and again, things change over time. And I'm now following this thread! :)

Thinking of getting a cab out to the light house and then back to do some shopping in that little village like area I think it's near Divi? And hang around Moomba, or Buguloe or anyone that has chairs with beach access.

Not sure if just doing the Kunuku is a better way or not.

Just an aside, noticed you are doing the Jewel in January. We are doing that cruise and the week before as part of our back 2 back.

Just an aside, noticed you are doing the Jewel in January. We are doing that cruise and the week before as part of our back 2 back.

Cool! We spent a week in Aruba last year over Thanksgiving and into the first week of December at The Marriott Stellaris. Awesome time. Stopping on the island as a cruiser the first week of February will be an entirely different experience I'm sure. Way more crowded.

So we are thinking of taking a cab to the lighthouse, and maybe the chapel or something and then just go to Moomba and take our chances on chairs and space.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

My husband and I went on this tour in October, 2015. We are senior citizens so this viewpoint might be different than others.

We both loved the trip. The singing and round-abouts were great. The guys were funny and the music great. The stop at the Lighthouse and Church were about 15 minutes for each.

We got a beach chair right away when got to the beach. We paid for an umbrella because I can't be in the direct sun for long. The chairs were very close together so sort of hard to get out of if you are not a limber person. Nice relaxing 2 hours but...

Our only trouble with the excursion was the step to get on and off the bus is so high that a short person has trouble. Being in our 70's, with bad knees, it was a struggle. Also, the middle seats are hindered by wheel humps so you have very little leg room even for a short person.

We would love to go again when we sail next month but don't think the knees could take it.

I have not done this tour but was just at the Holiday Inn last week (right next to where this beach vendor is) and can tell you that that part of the beach is very crowded with the cruise ship tour (like no room between chairs) and that people on the tour were trying to use the beach loungers that are for the Holiday Inn guests (the beach is public but the chairs are not) and it looked like a mess to me.