Embarking in San Francisco?

ramrax4

We're taking amtrak to S. F. which drops you off at pier 35 and I was just wondering what the distance is between where the ship is docked and pier 35? Will we need to get a taxi to take us to port for embarkation or is it close enough to walk?

Thanks

We're taking amtrak to S. F. which drops you off at pier 35 and I was just wondering what the distance is between where the ship is docked and pier 35? Will we need to get a taxi to take us to port for embarkation or is it close enough to walk?

Thanks

Did you mean the Amtrak bus drops you off at Pier 39? If so, Pier 35 where the ship docks is a couple of hundred yards to the south. Very easy walk even with luggage. Even if the ship is docked at Pier 27 it would only be a couple of blocks. The pier numbering is odd #s only on this side of the Embarcadero.

Hope this helps.

Did you mean the Amtrak bus drops you off at Pier 39? If so, Pier 35 where the ship docks is a couple of hundred yards to the south. Very easy walk even with luggage. Even if the ship is docked at Pier 27 it would only be a couple of blocks. The pier numbering is odd #s only on this side of the Embarcadero.

Hope this helps.

Oooops.... mixed up my piers:o Yes Amtrak does bus you from Emeryville to pier 39. Not sure if we board at pier 27 or 35 though. TA says one thing but docs say another. I'm sure we'll see the ship when we get there and figure it out.

Thanks for the help!

Cruise ships normally dock at Pier 35 in San Francisco, but on occasion do use Pier 27 or even Pier 2, depending on shipping traffic.

All are convenient to either the Ferry Building or Pier 39, the normal Amtrak bus stops.

If it leaving from Pier 35, it's super close. Even Pier 27 is a walkable distance. I wouldn't bother with a taxi for either of those. (Taxi's in SF are expensive, too).

If it leaving from Pier 35, it's super close. Even Pier 27 is a walkable distance. I wouldn't bother with a taxi for either of those. (Taxi's in SF are expensive, too).

thanks for the help:D

When the ship docked last May, in San Francisco, it docked at Pier 35.

Next Sept. I'm doing a round trip from SFO to Alaska, we debark from Pier 27. I guess anything is possible.

I also plan on taking Amtrak to Emeryville and the throughway bus into The City. I plan on asking the bus driver if he'd stop at #27 so I won't have to walk very far. The worst he could do would be to roll on the floor laughing:D; but hopefully not while he's driving.

Besides pier 35 and pier 27, the other pier is pier 30/32 which is nowhere near pier 39 or the ferry building, so you would have to take a taxi to that pier if coming on Amtrak, HOWEVER, it is only used a couple times a year and only for ships doing a day stop with no embarking or disembarking passengers.

Archived